Internet Access at Vero Beach?

Floridafam will probably post soon with the details. I think in-room access is still only dial-up. There is a cable hook-up in the lobby but it is pretty pricey to use.

we were just at vero last week, we used dial up (net zero) from the room without a problem, it was 35 cents for a local call. the highspeed internet is 5$ for 30 mins in the main lobby. maggie

The internet access in the rooms is dial up, I believe.

They have high speed internet in the lobby. You have to ask permission to use it and have one of the CM's turn the computer on-you also have to give a thumbprint, blood sample and promise them your first born if you go over the 1/2 hour time limit. :p

It will shut you off right at 30 minutes-really dumb, IMO.

$5 an hour is a rip off. That cable modem can't cost them more than $90 a month. I'd rather split the $90 between all the members and pay an extra penny in my dues.

I'm not sure why they don't have high speed in the rooms. They must have some contractual thing at Disney that wouldn't let them use the local cable company in town to have high speed in every room.

Okay, I'm done now.:crazy:

Agree totally floridafam. They need to get out of the darkages there. I just get a :rolleyes: when asking about HiSpeed in rooms.:-(

At VB, we use dial-up from the room. We have broadband cable at home, so we don't have access to a dial-up account. To remedy this, we purchased a prepaid Internet service card (like a phone card but it provides Internet access instead) from AT&T. They have both local numbers and 800-number support. Since we could not find a local number in the VB area, we just used the 800-number service. The card itself was purchased at Walgreens. Here is a link to the FAQ for the service . We found it to be reliable and very reasonably priced.

Ralph

Do you have a dial up modem for your lap top? We just got our lap top and we just have a wireless card so does that mean we have to buy a dial up modem in order to have internet access in our villa?

Originally posted by Bellesmama
Do you have a dial up modem for your lap top? We just got our lap top and we just have a wireless card so does that mean we have to buy a dial up modem in order to have internet access in our villa?

All laptops have the option to use dial up also. Our laptop has a wireless card,dial up, and ethernet connection for cable/ DSL hook ups.
You don't have to buy a dial up modem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter