International Beer Tasting

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by RedxPanda, Jan 22, 2013.

1. thehowells

thehowells Mouseketeer

boddingtons is fantastic, pass on most of the others

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DarthTod

DarthTod Mouseketeer

Ugh. Every time I read one of these beer threads I get depressed. My idea of a great tasting would be say a full vertical of Stone Vertical Epic, or perhaps a few years worth of The Abyss. Maybe I should just bring a few of my own, I think there's a Firestone Walker XIII in the fridge I could pack. ;)

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Here's a beer tasting setup in Diversions on our Oct Hawaii cruise. Don't know if it's domestic or international (we weren't participating, just there).

[​IMG]

5. GetGlowing

GetGlowing DIS Veteran

Great idea for a cruise meet beer tasting: have everyone bring a local craft brew 6 pack. THEN you can have a beer tasting. (I am spoiled, we live an hour from Asheville NC; you can't swing a cat without hitting a microbrewer around here. Haha.) Hubby always brings his own beers on the ship.

Note: cat swinging not recommended without permission from cat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

6. RedxPanda

RedxPanda DIS Veteran

If they did serve something crafty such as Stone the price would probably be insane. Depressing is paying 3x more for a beer you buy at home that you could just bring on board!

Be happy people, go to ABC/Publix and pick up something you like before you board. While we still can ;)

7. klepton

klepton Mouseketeer

After this past cruise I thought about next cruise bringing my own craft selection, and doing a private tasting with some of the people I meet onboard. I like your idea better though, I'll definitely suggest that for my next cruise.

8. TheBeadPirate

TheBeadPirate Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Aboiut six couples brought craft beer from home. We met in a public area, sat down to exchange some bottles and were promtly read the riot act by the Beverage Manager (I think the arrogant officers name was Daniel). He made us take the tasting to one of our rooms after publicly berating the entire group for violation of rules and trying to reduce the amount we spent on beverages...

Just for background our bar tab alone on this cruise was over $500 (many passports)

The whole experience was handled VERY POORLY by the bar manager and we have not been back on DCl since. I do not pay all of this money to be treated like that (I pity the folks who have to work for this guy.. truely a poor example of Disney)

Just a warning to thoses who might like to try this that even if shoreside says no problem that your F&B officer might just make you regret you ever tried...

9. RedxPanda

RedxPanda DIS Veteran

Actually, if you read the rules, it states very clearly not to consume your personal stash in public. Which is why we will be keeping to our room and enjoying the verandah.

Sorry you were chosen to be made an example of in the manner that he chose. I'm sure this particular policy isn't a beverage managers favorite!

Beverage Policy

Question
    What is the policy regarding bringing alcoholic beverages on board?
    Answer

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Guests who arrive in the dining room, including Palo and Remy, with a bottle of champagne or wine will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.