Interesting "Rumor" About More FP+

I can see the empty tables issue for sure.

I wish they could remedy the bus issues though. Maybe others don't mind standing on the bus and waiting for them.

I don't think anybody enjoys it. I just don't think there is a real "solution" to the problem that benefits both guests and Disney's interests.

Anecdotally, I think the only time I've ever had to stand is when catching a bus at park closing...when the system is just completely overwhelmed. I don't think limiting the buses, even at that point, to resort only guests would make much of a difference. At that point, you're filling past the bus capacity anyway (usually with people in line, still waiting, for the next one).

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or asked yet... but how many people have tried to get a fast pass for Toy Story or Soaring lately? The last two times I tried to do Toy Story, I got to the the park during magic hours, ran to the fast pass machine, and promptly got 4 fast passes for my family ... for 2:30PM. It was like 8:30 in the morning I think. And the fast pass was for 6 hours later. So then one of my kids isn't tall enough for tower of terror or rocking roller coaster, and most of the shows don't start until after lunch... so the whole morning was shot. At best Disney Studios is usually a half day or 3/4 day park.

Even worse, if you don't get a fast pass before like 10 or 11AM, then you can't even get one because they are all sold out. I look forward to being able to schedule my fast pass times so we can plan our time accordingly and not have to have a single parent run from attraction to attraction to try to get fast passes for the kids to enjoy.

There may be a few bumps here and there, but I think I like what Disney is trying to do here.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or asked yet... but how many people have tried to get a fast pass for Toy Story or Soaring lately? The last two times I tried to do Toy Story, I got to the the park during magic hours, ran to the fast pass machine, and promptly got 4 fast passes for my family ... for 2:30PM. It was like 8:30 in the morning I think. And the fast pass was for 6 hours later. So then one of my kids isn't tall enough for tower of terror or rocking roller coaster, and most of the shows don't start until after lunch... so the whole morning was shot. At best Disney Studios is usually a half day or 3/4 day park.

Even worse, if you don't get a fast pass before like 10 or 11AM, then you can't even get one because they are all sold out. I look forward to being able to schedule my fast pass times so we can plan our time accordingly and not have to have a single parent run from attraction to attraction to try to get fast passes for the kids to enjoy.

There may be a few bumps here and there, but I think I like what Disney is trying to do here.

Whatever works for your family, man.

I will say this: If you were in the park at EMH, around 8:30 (assuming they started at 8 AM)...you likely could have avoided the FP kiosks and just headed to the standby line. At least on mornings we've done that...even if we arrive a few minutes past opening, the wait is not all that long. And about 15 min before the regular guests come in (so..right around 8:30 on a morning when EMH starts at 8) it's been between 15 and 30 min, tops. That swells VERY quickly once the day guests are in the park, though.....

Now, we travel during the slower times (early Dec, mid Jan, early Oct)...but I've heard that pattern is relatively "normal".

Agree to disagree. If you stay on property @ US: Express Pass FREE
Stay @ Disney:$119.60

This is were most will agree & some will disagree. Universal "appreciates" it's guests more, more perks. This is what most ppl say & how they feel. Disney doesn't give on property guests any extra incentives for staying on property.

With that being said...plenty of people pay in excess of $5000 on vacations for cruises, Beaches, Sandals, trips abroad, etc. These vacations have no rides. Point...it's what you consider is value/ experience for your money.

We decide that...others are now not going to Disney, or doing split stays @ Disney & US, or taking fewer Disney vacations. That's their right, not for us to call them names.

Lastly, ppl always say well we can't pay that price, we stay off-site, we have a time share. Again, your choices. With that being said...just like you research a Disney vacation, I would hope you researched those options as well. If so, you should/would have compared the pros & cons and live with those decisions. Side note, we know everyone can't pay, but you can save over time. And not to offend anyone, but life isn't always fair, and until the end of time ppl will always make more than other, save more than others, & vacation differently than others.

If you pay for certain things, you want to see THE VALUE FOR WHAT YOU PAID. If not, then obviously you will go where you see the value. Some will go to US, cruise, or BG. Some will continue to go to Disney, & for many in this group VALUE is not necessarily in the price.

Nobody is requiring you to buy extra fastpasses, if it ever comes to that (the option to buy more) You (and everyone else) will still get three. And there aren't any rides at Disney that are out of the fastpass system, as the Harry Potter rides are at Universal.

Not sure where you're getting info that people aren't going to Disney, they just had a great quarter where they had record attendance, it was noted.

Yet another FP+ thread, but I just got it on very, very, very, very, very good authority that Disney will begin testing additional FP+s as benefits to Disney Guests and for purchase no later than year's end but probably much, much sooner if the final rollout goes according to plan at DHS and Epcot.

Supposedly, select guests would be given the option to purchase additional FP+s (no maximum set yet) for $9.99 for tier two attractions at DHS and Epcot and $14.99 for tier one and MK/DAK attractions (unless they put tiers on those which is still yet to be decided). This price is obviously per person per ride. Now, still only one FP+ can be obtained for any attraction, so one cannot use a purchased FP+ for an attraction that they already have FP+ on that day. They're looking to incorporate the resorts in to this "somehow" once they start allowing offsiters to book their FP+s in advance.

Of course, Disney has stated that they will "not charge for FastPass+" but if you think about their language, you realize that they really could be saying that the first three FP+s are free for all but for more, you'll have to pay or stay at a Disney Hotel.

While this has been floating around for a while and is still classified as a "rumor" (not been confirmed by Disney), it seems very real and should be coming sooner rather than later. Thoughts?

I can't imagine that this would happen.

First of all, most of the tier 2 rides at Epcot are walk-on rides. Who is going to pay $50 for a family of 5 to use a FP+ for the Newo ride, or Living with the Land? Second, how can they justify charging more for an extra tier 1 ride than an extra day at the park? Once you buy a 4 day ticket, it only costs an extra $10 to add a day.

This rumor makes no sense.

I know that Sesame Place, which is right around the corner, does an unlimited Magic Queue. It is basically fast pass where you wait in the "exit" area and when they start a new ride, you get to go on right away, no matter how long the line. The price is $30.00 per person, per day. I could see how that would be a great option for people who are only visiting the park once and don't want to wait in line. For us, with annual passes, it would be $120.00 extra each visit. That is the cost of 1 season pass for us. We cannot justify the cost.

I think the part that is frustrating is the original legacy fastpass worked just fine. If the system is broke then it needs to be fixed, but the system wasn't broke.

My husband is of the mindset that 3 FP+ are enough if we do rope drop. I'm hoping he is right. He wants to rope drop...do important rides, go back to hotel to swim, come back at night with our FP+ and ride.

The idea of the HEAT, CROWDS and waiting in line might do me in completely.

I think his plan is a good one. I am going to follow that same blue print when I go this summer.

This rumor could make sense if the plan was to add the additional cost of a 4th FP to the cost of the original ticket for the length of the ticket.

For example: A 4 Day Ticket with 3 FP+ entitlements per day would cost $200. A 4 Day Ticket with 4 FP+ entitlements per day would cost $250.

Disney could then offer the ticket upgrade for "free" to on-site guests as an incentive to stay on property. I can see the advertisements: Get up to 33% more fastpasses by staying on-site!

I doubt most people would view this as an additional cost of $12.50 per day for one additional FP+. If you think I am wrong, take a look at how many people by a dining plan because it is easier. They'll even justify it by viewing the prices of the items they ordered even though they likely over-order based on the fact that they have an entitlement for the item. (Seriously - who eats dessert every dinner?)

For me, I won't pay extra for an additional ride. I'll get to park opening and navigate the headliners then. I'll book my FP+ for mid-afternoon and do the lesser attractions in between. I've used FP+ twice now and this touring plan worked well (even during Christmas week).

Besides, I think my wife likes the fact that I don't have to leave the family to run for FPs anymore.....

Besides, I think my wife likes the fact that I don't have to leave the family to run for FPs anymore.....

+1. Speaking as the guy who has been the "FastPass Runner", I'm very glad to see this new system in place. I'm glad I don't have to - come in the gate at EPCOT and run/walk to Soarin' with 12-16 tickets in my hand, then run/walk over to Test Track only to not be in line with my family on my favorite ride - anymore. :cool1:

+1. Speaking as the guy who has been the "FastPass Runner", I'm very glad to see this new system in place. I'm glad I don't have to - come in the gate at EPCOT and run/walk to Soarin' with 12-16 tickets in my hand, then run/walk over to Test Track only to not be in line with my family on my favorite ride - anymore. :cool1:

But is it worth $180 not to do that? Because if the rumor is true, and you want to do TT as your tier 1........... that's what it would cost a group of 12 to add that one additional tier 1 FP slot. Your group could have waited to the side to enter the ride the first time until you had FPs in hand, then you could have all ridden together.

Sorry, Only read a few posts throughout this, so maybe this has been covered.. but...

Other than getting to book ahead of time, what other perk is there for using FP+ as an onsite guest? I keep seeing people say that the new "pay for extra" idea would get more people in the hotels? R U saying that on site guests get the extra FP for free?

If so, I don't see a problem with it. Really, people willing to pay that HUGE upgrade in hotel costs to stay onsite are already way overpaying Disney. We stay onsite for the EMH and Disney feel. But we could stay in a MUCH NICER place at half the cost if we went off site. This would be a nice way for Disney to say "THANK YOU" for staying in our hotels.

So you only ride rides with fastpasses? And you were able to pull how many per day? I'm sure you'll lie and say you did 7 or 8 FP per day now.

Allright, enough name calling. I can tell you honestly I used to pull about 7 per day. Let's break down what I did last July in a busy season and see how many can be pulled in one day with FP-.

1. Arrive at RD pull FP with return time 9:40
2. 9:40AM Pull FP with return time 11:00
3. 11:00AM Pull FP with return time beyond 2 hours (continue rest of day)
4. 1:00 PM pull FP
5. 3:00 PM pull FP
6. 5:00 PM pull FP
7. 7:00 PM pull FP (for something like Winnie the Pooh as the mts and PP are out of fastpasses at this point)
8. 9:00 PM pull FP

So that is a solid example of how I was able to pull 8 FPs. And if your third FP is available before 11 or your fourth is available before 1 you can move all of these times up an hour or so and you can see how you can pull up to 10 per day if the park is open from 9-12:00.

Allright, enough name calling. I can tell you honestly I used to pull about 7 per day. Let's break down what I did last July in a busy season and see how many can be pulled in one day with FP-.

1. Arrive at RD pull FP with return time 9:40
2. 9:40AM Pull FP with return time 11:00
3. 11:00AM Pull FP with return time beyond 2 hours (continue rest of day)
4. 1:00 PM pull FP
5. 3:00 PM pull FP
6. 5:00 PM pull FP
7. 7:00 PM pull FP (for something like Winnie the Pooh as the mts and PP are out of fastpasses at this point)
8. 9:00 PM pull FP

So that is a solid example of how I was able to pull 8 FPs. And if your third FP is available before 11 or your fourth is available before 1 you can move all of these times up an hour or so and you can see how you can pull up to 10 per day if the park is open from 9-12:00.

It doesn't even have to be this structured. I can pull a FP at noon that runs from 12:40 to 1:40. At 12:45 I can pull a new FP and then go on the first FP ride. Using my phone, I knew what the FP windows were and could continue to get multiple FPs. It was not that hard. I got into MK long after rope drop and used 6 to 7 FPs easy.

I have to say, I don't think I'm willing to pay those prices for additional FP. For our family of four $60.00 to ride a tier one 1-5 min attraction. No thanks, especially since we have been to WDW many times. For a once in a lifetime trip, maybe.

I do pay for Universal Express Pass when we go there because we generally try to do both parks in one day, and we have small children. We use the Express Pass like Disney does child swap. One of us rides a coaster or two while the other spends time with the kids in the Dr. Seuss area, the Curious George area, or goes to one of the shows. Then we switch. It is worth it to us to only spend one day at Universal. Also I should note that we don't go to Universal every Disney trip. When our kids are older and we can all ride most of the attractions at Universal, we will probably skip the Express Pass.

It doesn't even have to be this structured. I can pull a FP at noon that runs from 12:40 to 1:40. At 12:45 I can pull a new FP and then go on the first FP ride. Using my phone, I knew what the FP windows were and could continue to get multiple FPs. It was not that hard. I got into MK long after rope drop and used 6 to 7 FPs easy.

I could easily pull 6 without trying that hard. I always knew my windows and would back track or double ahead when a new one was ready.

But is it worth $180 not to do that? Because if the rumor is true, and you want to do TT as your tier 1........... that's what it would cost a group of 12 to add that one additional tier 1 FP slot. Your group could have waited to the side to enter the ride the first time until you had FPs in hand, then you could have all ridden together.

He could schedule the FP+ for Soarin ahead of time and then stand with his family in the stand-by line. You don't need a FP for Test Track if you're there at Rope Drop and you go directly there.

No added cost and he could be in the queue with his family.

It would seem many of you have completely missed the point.

30 years ago a day ticket got you in and rides all day for$50 inflation adjusted into todays dollars.

Just ten years ago you got into DIS for $60 in TODAYS DOLLARS.

now for the slow folk , I am using admission prices from 1984 1994 2004 and 2014. all in 2014 dollar amounts.

In short it cost TWICE AS MUCH to get in the doors for the MK as it did during most of the last 30 years.

SO for twice the price you get more crowds than ever , and now we get to pay extra if we want the same amount of FP we got last year, or the year before or the year before that.

scumbag Disney, jacks up the rates, charges for FP

~I just read the first post -- but I really don't believe this. And, $9.99 for some rides at some parks and $14.99 for other rides at other parks - I just can't see it. With that said, I remember saying a while back that I wouldn't mind if Disney chose to monetize fastpasses. So, we'll see. :goodvibes

I honestly don 't want this to come off pissy-really I don 't. I just want to stop and comment.

We all know life with Fellow CASTMEMBER Bobby has little to do with guest satisfaction and everything to do with Corporate profits.

From the first rumors of 'next gen' through all the testing of magic bands, Little Bobby's trip to WDW to see for himself why people were complaining ----and HIS magic band failed...karma----. DH and I have scratched our heads; What's in it for Disney. They are NOT spending this kind of $$$$$ for guest satisfaction, especially when so many are not satisfied.

Then one evening we were with a friend. He is addicted to Candy Crush and we were talking about games online now and $$$$$ opening new levels in the game. BINGO! Charging for Fastpasses.

Sure using MB vs. cash has shown (mostly from cruise industry) a 12% uptick in merchandise sales but 12% is generally a failing grade in Disney budgets.

Yes, I think all this time and effort has been put forth toward an entirely new source of income. Fastpasses.

Look at the grumblings with the recent price increase. CNN, NBC, FOX, CBS---most but not ABC obviously have commented on the one day MK price of $99 with newsreaders horrified at the amount. Bad PR Disney cannot control.

Disney had to find a new way to bleed the guest while some will call it guest satisfaction.

This will be big for Disney. In my opinion.

I'd HAPPILY pay for DH and I to ride TOT multiple times in the morning (we get bored with DHS by lunch). Do you think if instituted we'd still have to wait an hour to go back or could we use a FP+ and then re-ride? If so, we could RP TSM and RNCC and then buy the TOT FP+ and then use our normal allotment at another park? Just thinking outloud, also, I've been us since 3 for overseas cc, so I might be loopy:)

I don't doubt for a second that Disney is moving towards charging for Fast Passes. When I was a child, a Disney World vacation was considered a once in a lifetime vacation for most families. It seems that with the ticket price increases, outrageous resort prices, and then if they do start charging for Fast Passes that once again, Disney World will become a once in a lifetime trip. The Disney market can bear only so many price increases and service decreases before people begin to stay away. I know we canceled our April trip and for the first time in 15 years we won't have taken at least 2 trips within a year.
I have a feeling after Spring Break and summer time, when people experience the lines for FP+ and other FP and MB glitches, more and more people will stay away. Word of mouth is supposed to be the best advertising but it can work in reverse. Of course, it could also make purchasing FPs more attractive. Holiday crowds are what drove us to a VIP tour one year and we were grateful to pay for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter