Interesting "Rumor" About More FP+

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by andyman8, Jan 19, 2014.

1. RicJ

RicJ Earning My Ears

If there is any common sense to be applied it will be Unlimited FP+ for $100 a person per day - all parks.

Something they can do thanks to the magic band.

It will be a variation on the Park Hopper with Disney Dinning rationale. Not everybody will see value in it and will skip it. Others will think it's a great advantage.

know why? Because a family with 2 small children doing a short trip is much likely to shell out a bit extra to make their days at disney have a better pace. For them, paying extra could be the right option to make the most of a short getaway.

Some will prefer to convert that value in more days at the park and just take lines though... that's fine too.

Because if EVERYBODY has fastpasses than it's no longer FAST.

But you can add value to staying on site
    and you can get extra cash from families on short trips
    and you can book your hotels for longer for those who convert to longer stays
    and that might push a couple of people into DVC
    and that may spread visitors a bit better through the year

And you still have your 3 FP per person per day free. that's not going away.

So.... yeah, i can understand the idea behind it.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DRDISNEYMD

DRDISNEYMD *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A gi

~I just read the first post -- but I really don't believe this. And, $9.99 for some rides at some parks and $14.99 for other rides at other parks - I just can't see it. With that said, I remember saying a while back that I wouldn't mind if Disney chose to monetize fastpasses. So, we'll see. :goodvibes

4. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

A personal concern...but I wonder what they do if they start using fastpass as enticements to book rooms in regards to DVC?

It never made any sense to include DVC in dining promotions...but fastpass?

Screw with OKW on this and it won't go over well at all

5. mvk

mvk Mouseketeer

Dumbo has doubled capacity and added a new queue so you're not waiting for 45 minutes outside. Dumbo was always one of the more popular rides in Magic Kingdom, so this is a definite enhancement.

Actually, it is pretty much in-line with what Universal did with Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff.

Three, but its always nice to twist the facts to support your opinion. Diagon Alley will have taken about 2-1/2 years by the time it opens. Jaws closed January 2012, construction started immediately. It will open sometime in the summer 2014. It will have one ride, a transit system to take you to another park, and several shops and restaurants.

I'd rather they take their time and get it done right, and look great, than worry about them doing it quickly.

6. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

Or there is this:

oh, and this:
    So, it took 2.5 years to build EPCOT Center, or less time than the Mine Train.

7. belle1528

belle1528 Mouseketeer

I COMPLETELY agree with you!!! There was. Nothing wrong with fast pass the way it was! In my 3 recent trips, we never had an issue, got to ride everything we wanted to and never waited in a standby line longer than maybe 40 min? 2 of those trips were weeks MK had been closing due to maximum capacity. If these costs keep going up, there is going to be absolutely no way we can afford trips there anymore :/

8. mvk

mvk Mouseketeer

Were there 17 million people (An average of about 50,000 per day) walking around the area they were building EPCOT Center?

9. jerivera

jerivera Mouseketeer

I highly doubt this one...

I can see them giving additional FP+ to Disney resort guests. That would be a good benefit to those staying in property. :thumbsup2

But charging for each FP+? Nope. I think your very highly placed source is yanking your chain on this one. :confused3

10. GOOFY D

GOOFY D DIS Veteran

Hopefully just a bad rumor. Otherwise, it has that "slimy" feel of a money grab. If that is the case, Disney would lose that special feel. I am not excited about the changes at Disney lately.

11. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

If this is true, it makes perfect sense to me in terms of price. It makes the price of a moderate hotel room look like a bargain. It makes a value look even better.

If this is true, then tiering by resort level is coming.

If this is true, the ability to buy one night and get prebooking FP+ access for the length of your ticket is just a loophole and will be closed. Prebooking FP+ access will be strictly tied to length of resort stay.

12. Silock

Silock DIS Veteran

I said adding TO WWoHP. But if you want to compare, Forbidden Journey blows away anything in New Fantasyland.

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Announced in late 2013, opening in 2017, looks like 4 years to me.

So, half the time, roughly.

13. Silock

Silock DIS Veteran

Construction walls make this a non issue. It's not as though guests are maneuvering strollers around bulldozers.

14. mvk

mvk Mouseketeer

HaHaHa.... so we're going by announced date now? They began construction in 2014.

By the way, the Diagon Alley project was announced in 2011, so by your methodology, it's still about a half year difference.

OMG!!!! UNIVERSAL IS SOOO SLOW!!!!

15. mvk

mvk Mouseketeer

Construction walls also limit the area where they can actually work, and how much equipment they can have in the area. If there was nobody in the surrounding area, they would be able to complete the thing much quicker.

They're building an attraction that is about 300' by 150' with no perimeter due to construction walls. And are surrounded by thousands upon thousands of guests.

Yep, a non issue.

16. Disneychick75

Disneychick75 DIS Veteran

Why the Universal/Disney comparisons? Both are fantastic. One is not necessarily better than the other except in the eye of the beholder. Both make me and thousands of others happy.

17. MandiC

MandiC DIS Veteran

I think Disney charging even more money for something like this is rediculous, but to each their own. I am sure people would pay it. Personally, we usually go somewhere tropical, this year we are doing Disney instead. We flew to Jamaica, stayed at Sandals where EVERYTHING is included, no tips are expected or allowed, got to lay on the beach and eat/drink whatever I wanted whenever I wanted...for less than we are spending at Disney before tips/extras. It kind of makes me sick, my kids are lucky I want to do this special trip with them. There are plenty of special family trips for much less if Disney decides to get even more money hungry.

18. jade1

jade1 If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your luc

Hmm, well at least the "3 is not enough" and "threw a billion dollars down the drain" message was heard clearly. :rotfl:

For us, ahh it's just the price of a drink. Not much impact on a $10,000 XMAS week stay-esp to save 100 minutes in a line.

[​IMG]

19. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

I agree which you. The dis boards is a very small percentage of what's in a park in a year. Most people here do use more than three a day. I tho do not so this is perfect for me. I can't see disney not looking into statistics for this. If disney does this and makes money off of it they will be happy if they don't do it than they aren't going to keep it very long.

20. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

mine train should still open this year most likely end of spring it's still pretty much on pace. Dumbo is updated they added another ride and its in a completely different area. Avatar if done right will be better than Harry potter is has the capability to be one of the best things disney has done in a long time. Really the only people complaining are the people on the message boards. These boards make up a very very small percentage of what the parks see in a year.

21. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

disney wanted to connect everything together and make it simpler with the magic bands. They wanted to tie your entire vacation together, rides, shopping, hotel, dinning. That is the point of this system the old system has been around for 15 years it was going to change at some point.