Interesting day at Disneyland today.....10-7

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Disney Hot Mama, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Disney Hot Mama

Disney Hot Mama DIS Veteran<br><font color=coral>Onion haters unit

My family and I headed to Disney today for an afternoon of fun... it was fun but there was a HUGE organized group throughout the parks..... all wearing red shirts! They were all over. Thankfully everyone was well behaved and though I was worried about explaining this to my kids they were oblivious to everything except noticing the red shirts all over the parks..

It was crowded - but I guess with about 20,000 extras that is to be expected. We sitll had an enjoyable time at both parks looking at the Halloween decorations - which is why we went. We will be there next Friday too for the Halloween Trick or Treat at California Adventure....

Was anyone else there today?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Another^Dimension

Another^Dimension //////////////////////////////////////

I think it's the unofficial gay days weekend at the DL Resort.

Glad you all had a great time. :goodvibes

I think it was a nice day in Anaheim by late afternoon/evening, but too dry and warm for me the rest of the day.

4. Disney Hot Mama

It was gay days - but I didn't want to offend anyone... I was pleasantly suprised at how well (other than the crowds) everyone behaved... :)
    It was way to hot for me though.... Shockingly hot......
    We are back again on Friday night for the Halloween Trick or Treat at DCA. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler by then...

5. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

20K, wow.

I know there was also a "mega meet" of another Disney fan message board, and a "quest" of some sort going on at the same time by that same message board...that AND it was the weekend for Columbus Day (I've never had that off as a working person, but I know that many do!)...it's going to lead to one crowded park!

Glad you didn't see the same shirts someone else saw, with inappropriate things on them that were reported. :)

6. DisQueen

DisQueen <font color=FF3300>Seeing it all again through my

We had planned to visit on Sunday to see the Halloween decorations, but changed plans when I realized it might be really crowded. Glad we made the change. How were the decorations? My kids are 9 and 5 and they are really excited to see how everything is decorated. On our last visit, DL had decorations we could see on the parking lot tram. Was Woody's round-up worth visiting? I'm guessing yes for DD(5), but take DS(9) on Haunted Mansion instead.

7. Disney Hot Mama

THe decorations are pretty. I will include a link to some photos later tonight - after I get them posted... :)
    DD5 will enjoy Woody's Roundup and DS and DD will LOVE the Haunted Mansion...... we had fun at DCA too! The Candy Corn Acres is a bit 'corney' but worth the trip to visit.

8. heatherleigh

heatherleigh DIS Veteran

We were not there, and that is the reason why. I actually intended on our trip being a week earlier, but decided against it because of Gay Days. I did not want to have to explain, nor did I want to brave the crowds.

Fortunately I joined this board before making our reservations, otherwise I wouldn't have known.

I have a friend who went last week, and was not aware of it. She didn't care anyway, but I did tell her not to wear red lol.

9. cinderella_mom

cinderella_mom Disneyland is my 2nd home...

We were there on Sunday, too! My friend went on Saturday night for about an hour and estimated the people there for Gay Days made up close to 25% of the crowd. On Sunday, we didn't see nearly that many people in red shirts, but it was sure crowded.

10. kelmac284

kelmac284 Lover of all things Disney since 1976

We will be at the MHT on the 12th as well. See you there! :)