Interesting CR renovation updates

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by BrianD, Aug 24, 2007.

1. BrianD

BrianD DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. SamanthaL

SamanthaL <font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c

Oh that will look great! I do hope it doesn't disturb out November trip though. We are splurging on 2 nights because we have never stayed at the CR. It seems we may have picked a not so good time to give it a try.:confused3
    I also wonder if they will have a room for me! LOL! We have reserved a standard room in one of the outside wings. Since they knocked one down I wonder what will happen!

Thanks for sharing those picks!

4. Shyvioletisme

Shyvioletisme <font color=green>So I have a doppleganger running

wow. the new shop looks like it will be really nice!!!

5. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

I'm really not that thrilled with the new shop that will be sitting in the middle of the concourse. The original design concepts for the 4th floor rehab reflected the orginal design of the concourse with the fax "trees" included. I was really looking forward to seeing it. I just hope most of construction is completed before my December trip.

6. Jrabbit910

Jrabbit910 Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Thanks for sharing... You can tell from the sketches where everything is going to be put... I love seeing before and afters! :)

7. Missus Toad

Missus Toad <font color=red>Amazing! She actually stays awake

I don't know. Lord knows I love the mouse, but the new shops design seems a bit much, especially for a resort that was just getting its more modern minimal elegance back. I'm also not a fan of the location, cluttering up the concourse. That said, I'll be happy when construction is finally done-- seems like this old fave of mine is constantly under boards. Thanks for sharing!

8. eeyore_is#1

eeyore_is#1 Earning My Ears

Not overly happy to hear about that jackhammer noise. One of dinner ressies is at Concourse next week.

9. GeorgeY

GeorgeY <font color=navy>Let me just say "I Love living in

We have concourse Reservations next week too, hopefully since we are going to Dinner, they will have stopped work for the day.

I think the new store looks alot like what used to be at the Orlando Airport in the Delta Terminal. I think it is making the 4th floor look more like a futuristic AirPort.

George

10. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

Bumping!

11. Tissa

Tissa DIS Veteran

We checked out the Contemporary last trip, first thing out of my mom's mouth was "it reminds me of the airport"

12. Spectro is #1

Spectro is #1 DVC Member

I loved the old concourse with those cool tree like lights. I always took time to sit on the round blue chairs and soak it all in:sad1:
    I will miss it.

But still looking forward to using DVC points there.