Interesting article about Epcot restaurants

I was suprised to read that Alfredos was the most popular restaurant in Epcot--would not have guessed that!

I was suprised to read that Alfredos was the most popular restaurant in Epcot--would not have guessed that!
That's exactly what I was thinking. I would assume that this might have changed over the last couple years when the DDP took off and LeCellier came into the public eye much more.

Sushi, Tequila, GOOD Italian food (I hope). Alfredos definitely needs to go away.

PamNC

I read that article a bit different. I may be tired but I thought that the owner of Alfredos owned many resturants with the same name and his most popular Alfredos was at WDW.

Good article, thanks for the link. A Tequila bar would be really cool.

Still holding out hope that some day we will see a Timmies in the Canada pavillion(aka Tim Hortons!!)

I wish they would make part of the Italian restaurant trattoria-style, and bring back the original bistro part of Chefs!:goodvibes

In this case, "most popular" refers to annual revenue, not on other factors such as how hard it is to get reservations.

Alfredo's is a bigger restaurant with more tables and chairs than Le Cellier. Both restaurants tend to be full every night, but with more capacity, Alfredo's would generate more revenue.

I agree. Le Cellier is really a very small restaurant.

I'm all for these changes. I think the restaurants in China, Mexico and Italy are awful and can only improve.

We like Alfredo's. It's my daughter's favorite Epcot restaurant. The food has always been delicious and superb service. Our family is sad to see it go.

It doesn't surprise me much at all.

Though there a lot of people on these boards, they make up a pretty small percentage of the people in the parks. Most people that go to WDW don't do their homework and just show up with a slim plan (or none at all). Italian food is popular, and many people aren't that adventurous. It's easier for the average family to agree on Italian than, say, Moroccan.

I read that article a bit different. I may be tired but I thought that the owner of Alfredos owned many resturants with the same name and his most popular Alfredos was at WDW.

"Alfredo's management would not comment on Disney's decision. The company, Alfredo, the Original of Rome (Fla.) Inc., is run by Russell Bellanca, son of the man who owned the North American rights to the use of the name of the original Roman restaurant. Disney says it's the most popular at Epcot, grossing more than $20 million last year."

I read it as them saying the most popular in Epcot...never would have guessed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter