"Instead of fries, can I have...?"

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by JJsmama, May 27, 2010.

1. JJsmama

JJsmama WDW addict

What have you been successful getting instead of french fries and where at WDW? (on DDP)

2. WAHMto5

WAHMto5 DIS Veteran

They will normally give you a list of different items you can pick from, I am not a fry fan;)

3. TeaJay

TeaJay Earning My Ears

I know lots of places offer fruit salads...but honestly the one we had was gross (it fizzled!). I think you can get a kids side if you want (like carrots or grapes or something). Sometimes you don't have a choice though....good luck!

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. catne

catne DIS Veteran

Usually at counter service restaurant your only option to sub for the fries will be the sides on the kids meal...and be forewarned: these are SMALL servings, since obviously they are meant for kids meals. DD (was 20 yrs old at the time) often subbed for the kids meal sides instead of fries - can't recall her ever getting turned down. But those kids sides really are small servings for an adult: Bag of grapes...had about 7 grapes in it. Apple slices bag was about 1/2 of a small apple. Carrot sticks was about 1/2 a carrot. You get the picture - count on getting about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of something. The kids' sides are all pre-packaged so it's not like they can make adjustments on the quantity for an adult.

6. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies Near to Tigger's House

What you can do is opt for a few CS places with fixins bars and ask them to hold the fries and you can put extra lettuce/pickles or whatever you like on the plate. A lot depends on what you order. If you order pizza combo meals they generally come with a small salad, not fries. Is it the carbs you are avoiding or just that you don't like fries?

7. TillyMarigold

TillyMarigold DIS Veteran

I think most places have "with French fries or apple slices" right on the menu, so apple slices are usually an option.

8. ukool

ukool Mouseketeer

Is it possible to get burgers without mayo/mustard on? or are they pre made. I know its a strange question, but didnt want to start a new thread.

9. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies Near to Tigger's House

Yes, just tell the CM when you place your order. I always ask for no sauce/dressing, etc. I don't eat burgers but I have never had a problem having items left off of anything I have ordered.

10. ukool

ukool Mouseketeer

Thank you :)

11. Sawhiskey

Sawhiskey Mouseketeer

I have had grapes, apple slices and carrots.
    I always get my hamburgers plain, normally just meat cheese and sometimes bacon.
    Have a great trip, the CMs are there to cater and help you out as much as possible. Ask them anything, you never know what one will say.
    :thumbsup2

12. Goofy4

Goofy4 DIS Veteran

::yes::

13. JJsmama

JJsmama WDW addict

Yes, avoiding carbs. Not all carbs, but am wanting to save the carbs for the desserts that week. :)