Inspired by which view at Grand Californian hotel thread.

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Disneyland1084, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Disneyland1084

Disneyland1084 OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!

I'm staying at the Grand Californian hotel at the end of July. I booked a standard room. I know I can pay for an upgrade, but don't want to bother. However, when my family and I check in I'm going to ask if we can be upgraded to a theme park or DTD view for free. My question is, what do you think the chances are of them saying yes? I know people have been upgraded at no additional charge, I'm just not sure how often they allow it. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GailT

GailT <font color=blue>I'm ba-ack!!!!<br><font color=mag

I always pay for the view I want because I never have luck in DW or DL but in September I am getting a standard room, hopping they will have so many rooms open because of school in session that they migh do it for me, if not oh well but what a thrill it would be to get upgraded:)

4. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland

My thought is that it may be more difficult to get an upgrade when you are going b/c it's peak summer season and many of the resort hotels will be sold out. You can still ask, but don't count on it.

5. Disnee

Disnee Earning My Ears

When we checked in last November, we lucked out and didn't even have to ask - the guy checking us in just said "..and I have some good news for you!". We were upgraded to an incredible theme park view, and it really spoiled us - so much so that when we go back THIS November, we're likely going to book the theme park view just to be certain we get it.

My advice is - book it if you REALLY want it, as that's the only way to guarantee anything. But, if you want to take your chances, it never hurts to ask (and maybe you'll just be surprised like we were!). :)

6. JenDisneylandlver

JenDisneylandlver DIS Veteran

We were upgraded for free last July at the DLH to a pool view. I was pretty surprised, I figured it wouldn't happen in busy July. It's always possible, but I sure wouldn't count on it!

7. pittypat

pittypat Mouseketeer

Having just returned from there, I'd be a little wary of asking for a Downtown Disney view. The rooms are very quiet, but DD is very noisy and I don't know if the rooms would be noisy or not. We had a partial view of DCA and enjoyed that, but-honestly-I would not have cared what our view was. The landscaping is beautiful throughout the hotel, so no matter what "view" you get, I think you'll be pleased.

8. PrincessIM

PrincessIM Mouseketeer

We had booked a standard view room at Paradise Pier and upon check in they surprised us with a park view without having to ask. As soon as we were all awake, I'd whip open those curtains for the amazing view. Definately made our day! If you don't care, I'd take the chance. It doesn't hurt to ask.