Inspired by PN96 - A Proud Wife Moment

New England Eeyore

DIS Veteran
I have to share this with you. I'm so proud of my husband I could burst.

From the day I met him, I knew he was a very special and amazing person. He had a truly awful childhood - parents that didn't care at all, unbelievable neglect, etc. He dropped out of school in the 8th grade, and quickly had 3 kids before he was 21 - always working 2-3 jobs to support his family. His life was never easy, but he got by. Last year, he decided that the time was right to go back and get his GED. Can you imagine going back to school after nearly 20 years, and going for your high school equivalency diploma never having had a single day of high school? I was so proud of him for just starting the process. Our local community college had adult education classes and he attended them for a year. This March, he received his GED. Tonight the college held a graduation ceremony and seeing him in his cap and gown I absolutely bawled. Having his daughters there to see him achieve this was even more special - he's such a fantastic role model for them.

And that's not all - the college asked him if he'd consider writing an essay about what his experience was like, possibly to be read at a "Legislative Breakfast" in front of state legislators and area business-owners, trying to gain support for and awareness of the program. From students from 3 different adult learning programs in the area, his essay was chosen to be read! He will be reading it in 2 weeks. As proud as I am tonight, I can't even imagine how it will be to see him up there reading it.

Thanks for letting me share this - my heart is just so full right now!

WOW! that is a great story! good for him. congratulations to him on a job well done!!!!!! :banana: :cheer2:

and for his story to be picked! WOW again. really you must be very proud of him. i love to hear stuff like this!!!!!

Congrats to him and your family! :cheer2: That is so cool! (You made me cry, just telling the story. I can't imagine actually being there!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
That is so great!!! The girls should definitely see their dad as a terrific role model..and perfect example of a role model!

I would have been bawling right there with you! Your sdaughters would have asked you what in the world I was crying for! (but I'm a sentimental girl at heart, I cry very easily!)

That is so great that his essay was chosen to be read!! I hope that what he says has an impact on at least one or more of those business owners and legislatures so that we can get some support for that program!!!

Ok, you just brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps on my arms! That is just fantastic! Congrats to all of you! To your husband for being so brave and proud and to the rest of your family for the support you gave to him. You all deserve this moment! Make sure you take lots of pics to scrapbook!!!

What a wonderful accomplishment and such an inspiration to all of us that it's never too late. Congratulations!! :cheer2:

Good for him! That is great. I give him credit, it's hard to go back.:thumbsup2

Wow, that is an inspirational story! You have every right to be proud. Thank you for sharing it with us.!

NEE, that is absolutely amazing! I am so happy for both of you!

This brought tears to my eyes too. The world needs more men like him! I don't blame you for bursting with pride. Scrapping his graduation and reading pictures are going to be wonderful for you. Print out what you wrote to us for your journaling.:goodvibes

Congratulations to your entire family! It's wonderful to hear about your dh's accomplishment and I know you're all proud of him. Having his essay chosen must just be the icing on the cake:cake:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter