inside vs oceanview price

tiggerbaby

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any idea why oceanview price would be cheaper than inside cabin on the same deck?

On the Jul 18, 2012 4 night cruise, the inside cabin (11A) is $3,604 and oceanview (9B) is $3,556. Am I missing something here?

This is for 2A and 2C

Supply and demand!

With so many people wanting to book an inside room on the new ships, to experience the virtual portholes, and there being so few inside rooms, DCL recently raised the prices of the inside rooms to higher than the lower oceanview rooms on many sailings.

Supply and demand!

With so many people wanting to book an inside room on the new ships, to experience the virtual portholes, and there being so few inside rooms, DCL recently raised the prices of the inside rooms to higher than the lower oceanview rooms on many sailings.

That's too weird, IMO. Wanting a virtual porthole over an ACTUAL porthole! :rotfl:

I've been looking at the 8/18/12 sailing on the Fantasy. Figuring the ocean view would be more expensive, I started looking at interior rooms. For fun, I checked the pricing on the ocean view. :confused: OK, looks like we're getting an ocean view stateroom! :thumbsup2

That's too weird, IMO. Wanting a virtual porthole over an ACTUAL porthole! :rotfl:

I've been looking at the 8/18/12 sailing on the Fantasy. Figuring the ocean view would be more expensive, I started looking at interior rooms. For fun, I checked the pricing on the ocean view. :confused: OK, looks like we're getting an ocean view stateroom! :thumbsup2

They may also be trying to improve sales of the 9B oceanview rooms in particular by making them the cheapest rooms to book. Now that we've seen the pictures and realize that those rooms only have medium size porthole windows, versus the large porthole windows of the Category 8 (and some Cat 9A) rooms, that may have impacted the decision of some to book those 9B rooms.

It could also be that the inside cabins booked more quickly than the oceanview cabins. Like the airlines do with seats, as cabins in a given cabin category are booked, DCL raises the prices on the ones still available.

It could also be that the inside cabins booked more quickly than the oceanview cabins. Like the airlines do with seats, as cabins in a given cabin category are booked, DCL raises the prices on the ones still available.

I tend to agree with this theory. We booked two rooms in 2012 on the Fantasy. A Cat 5c across the hall from an 11b. The 5c is the same cost today as it was on October 19th. The 11b has gone up by $530 in just over two weeks! It's more expensive than many of the outside rooms right now but on Day 1 it was lower priced than the outside rooms.

I'm looking at cat 8C. DU sent a quote to me with a deck 8 room towards the front of the ship. I was hoping for deck 8 but I'm wondering which is better - front or back of the ship or is there really no difference?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter