• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Insanity Vol 7: Reasons Why I'm Glad I Live Close By - Complete

Starbucks

After taking showers, we headed to the bus to go to Magic Kingdom. It wasn't too bad of a wait & we were soon on one of those extendable buses they use for Pop Century now.

First stop was to visit Pluto as my coworker hadn't been to the Magic Kingdom since she was 3 so she could recreate a photo to send to her grandparents. Pluto was impressed with the medals! My coworker got the picture of her kissing Pluto's Nose and then we were on our way to Starbucks!

E29nQs7.jpg

Both of us needed our caffeine fix as we hadn't had any save a caffeinated Gu. The line at Starbucks was horrible! It took us about 20 minutes to get thru the line and our drinks done. My drink was good though!

1I0d95H.jpg

Iced Caramel Macchiato

Pinocchio Village Haus

After enjoying all of one attraction in Fantasyland, we realized we were hungry for real food even though it was only about 10:30AM. I listed off the majority of the options we would have for counter service and we decided on Pinocchio Village Haus as it was close and had some decent options. There was zero line to order our food as even though they didn't officially open until 11AM, they had started serving early!

I went with a salad and bread. The caesar was decent for a counter service. The lettuce seemed fresh & the chicken was tender but they were just a source of fuel as it wasn't something I would seek out to eat again as I like some of the other options at the various counter service places better.

fw7hWuv.jpg

Chicken Caesar Salad

That said about the salad, these bread knots were totally worth coming back again and again for! The bread is buttery with just enough garlic and pesto. I find the serving to be really large but seeing as I had the half marathon the next day, I didn't feel a single bit of guilt eating all of them!

hErKjV4.jpg

Garlic Pesto Bread Knots

Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies

After our quick service lunch, we made around to a lot of rides around Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Adventureland. As we were waiting for our FP+ time for Space Mountain to come up, we had about a 10 minute break. I decided I wanted ice cream and knew there was some place not too far by!

It was exactly what I wanted for a snack! The temperature had been rising and this was perfect.

N9aVUBf.jpg

Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Ice Cream in a Cone

Trattoria al Forno

Right before 4:00PM, we were done with Magic Kingdom as the rides we had left to enjoy had insane waits. We headed to the bus stop that went straight to Boardwalk as I feared it would be too rushed to get back to Pop Century, get my car and drive there.

We ended up getting to the restaurant with 45 minutes early and we relaxed in the chairs until they would open at 5:00PM. This is where I ended up annoyed at other guests. When it was time to check in, these rude guests who were sweating the opening of the place cut in front to see if they had any availability to eat then. They didn't until 9:30PM so they proceeded to get attitudes with the hostess.

Its the evening before the Princess Half Marathon. You wouldn't think that all the Italian type places would be booked for early reservations about people that actually planned? She could have looked on the Disney App on her phone while waiting.

:charac2::lmao:

We checked in & waiting a few moments until we were seated quickly in the middle of the restaurant. We decided to skip any alcohol as we both knew it would end up making us more tired. We were loading up on water instead!

We enjoyed the bread that was brought out while we waited on our entrees. They arrived quickly! The chicken was cooked well and had enough seasoning. The pasta was exactly what I wanted for a pre-race meal. The sauce for the pasta was bit chunky for me but I know that's a personal preference as I usually don't go for tomato sauces anyway. I still ate most of it!

ajrdFaY.jpg

Chicken Breast alla Parmigiana with Tagliatelle

We skipped on dessert as we had picked up on some Crispy M&M's the night before from the Gas Station. It was 5:30PM & I was entirely too lazy to take a bus to a park then another bus to Pop Century. I opted to pay for a taxi to take us back to the 90's building at the Pop. Best $15 spent on a taxi ever! We relaxed and each enjoyed our bags of M&M's. I called my husband. We were dead asleep shortly after 7:00PM with our alarm set for slightly before 3AM as tomorrow was the big day!

Trattoria was an enjoyable meal that was perfect for before a race. Our server was attentive & the food was really enjoyable. My friend really enjoyed her dish which was a giant meatball with ricotta filled pasta.​

Everything Pop!

2:50AM came early but it definitely felt like I had enough sleep considering we had gone to bed so early. We got ready & headed to the car to drop off our stuff and then head to the bus as we weren't sure if we would make it back to the room in time for the 11AM check out.

5fPyegp.jpg

avmpc3d.jpg

jyIVONm.jpg

At 6:16AM, my corral was off!
Pictures from the race:

ajSO62T.jpg

n6fvG3x.jpg

DSqgWMh.jpg

i6QsHcH.jpg

0SuYEBl.jpg

7oHLbcM.jpg

qiv7Q76.jpg

FSltJUQ.jpg

W02KqNw.jpg

7hZ3DfS.jpg

AZfkX05.jpg

F1xjIXw.jpg

Tmp0fQ6.jpg

oBcALkY.jpg

All The Medals!

I was slower than I was at Star Wars for the Half but I did not have an emotional breakdown. That makes it was win for me. I also don't care if I offend other runners for getting my challenge medals despite not maintaining a 16:00 pace.

My coworker had finished about 10 minutes prior to me so we met up in the middle of the finisher's shoot and rushed to the buses to hopefully make it back to the room in time. When we arrived, we got to the room with 15 minutes to spare to 11AM but the cleaning lady was already in the room. We reminded the cleaning lady of that and probably took the quickest showers ever to get out of there at 11AM.

There would be no way for us to drive home without having some real food & this is a dining report & not a trip report.

The various locations were switching over from breakfast to lunch. We ended up both getting the same thing:

Ea99btP.jpg

Build Your Own Fried Chicken Sandwich

Now, I fully admit I was starving at this point. The only calorie intake I had from 3AM this morning until now was some Salted Watermelon Gus & Watermelon Sports Beans. Those were great for race energy but not for real hunger.

That sandwich was great! The chicken was freshly fried because of the changeover that just too place. I was able to make it as I wanted with cheddar cheese & onions. I could only eat about half of it as it was very heavy on the stomach.

Last edited:

Closing Thoughts

For having two whirlwind trips right after another, the weekends were very enjoyable. It just didn't feel like enough of a WDW trip. My last three trips to WDW have been very short and with others. I'm wanting either a solo trip or a trip with just my husband for the next go around.

Best Item from Recent Trips

9yjK8Uy.jpg

Ravioli di Ricotta - Chicken, Pancetta, Parmesan Cream

Worst Item from Recent Trips

UNViufq.jpg

Strawberry & Cream Macaron
What's Coming Next?
  • Possible Long Weekend Trip in April (this is in discussions at the moment)​
  • May 14th to 17th at Polynesian Village DVC in a Standard Studio (Trader Sam's is calling my name! as Star Wars Weekends is calling my Husband)​
  • Labor Day Weekend - Louisville, Kentucky for Bourbon Trail (in discussions as well as we will do one or the other)​
  • October 1st to October 11th at Animal Kingdom Villas in Value Studio for Long F&W Trip​
  • November 5th to 8th at Dolphin for Wine & Dine Half Marathon (Half & 5K for Husband, 5K for me)​
  • January 12th to 19th at Grand Californian for Star Wars Half Marathon (5K + Rebel Challenge for Husband, TBD for me)​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter