"Insanity is my Middle Name" - Impromptu Easter Weekend Trip -Update 4/23 - Wishes!

Wishes Dessert Party!

After eating to my heart’s content at California Grill, I headed to the Magic Kingdom where I had reservations for the Wishes Dessert Party. I still had about 90 minutes before it started so I decided to go play in Toontown one last time as who knows if it will be open the next time I go to the World. Barnstormer was a wonderful 15 seconds ;) and I took photos of everything I could so I have something to remember 5 years from now. I still remember the original Starland/Birthdayland/Etc but I only have a handful of photographs that don’t give the whole picture – just me as Daisy’s house & in the Roger Rabbit Show. After collecting what I wanted, I headed to Tomorrowland to get a ride of the lame narrative of TTA & Buzz before heading to line up for the Dessert Party.

I was first in line & shortly after – a much larger line started forming. 30 minutes before the event, they checked us in & gave us our wristbands that would let us in and out of the area.

1000801a.jpg

At exactly at 9pm, they started seating us. I was given a prime seat front & center of the viewing area. It was great!

Buffet Pictures:
1000808pp.jpg

1000809jr.jpg

The selection was decent. There was definitely something for everyone.

My 1st plate:
1000803g.jpg

My 2nd plate:
1000804k.jpg

I got raspberry lemonade to drink. The chocolate-peanut butter tart was nice and peanutbuttery. The pistachio crème brulee had great flavor but the bottom was completely liquid. The rice krispie treats tasted fresh. The tiramisu could have used more liquor. The cannolli had a good bite to it & the truffles were wonderful. The cookies tasted fresh. The key lime tart was not my cup of tea.

I didn’t get a 3rd plate but I did return to the buffet to get a cup of hot chocolate as it was chilly this evening & I wanted something to warm me up as I didn’t bring a jacket.

Would I do it again? Probably not. The desserts are nice but well I do not feel it is worth the $27 dollars it cost even by Disney’s standards. I’m also not really a fireworks lover & am ok with missing Wishes on future trips.

Cost: $27.68
Total Trip Cost: $336.71

Insanity Part 2?

My mother called yesterday morning with a proposal.

Disney - May 7th to 9th - Her Treat

Who could say no to that? :confused3

My mother lives in Florida & wants a real Disney trip to see all 4 parks (not the 24 hours craziness we had in December) My husband looked at me like I was crazy since I did just get back & we have a cruise coming up in the 3rd full week of May. I think I'm going to be well recharged until October now. :woohoo:

Plan
May 6th
8:00PM - Arrive at Her House (Leave GA after Work)

May 7th
6:00AM - Hit the Road!
11:00AM - Lunch @ Yak & Yeti
5:15PM - Dinner @ California Grill (bar most likely as reservations aren't available)

May 8th
Lunch: Either Tokyo Dining or Brown Derby
Dinner: Citricos or Narcoossee's

May 9th
Breakfast: Pop!
Go Home

Must Have Snacks (per my mom):
Popcorn
Liquid Treasures
France!

Yum!
The dessert party looks really good. Thanks for the pics and review. We have ressie on our upcoming trip there. I know for sure we won't be eating $28 worth pp but since it's a special occassion (DD's bday) I had to do it :)

Goodness, what a lucky goose! Another trip in a couple weeks!
We'll be there at the same time...! Here's to not so crowded parks!

Wow! You're living your life right! I can't imagine being able to visit Disney every year...let alone have two or three visits in one year. I'm loving your report...if I can't be there, I can dream about it!

Yum!
The dessert party looks really good. Thanks for the pics and review. We have ressie on our upcoming trip there. I know for sure we won't be eating $28 worth pp but since it's a special occassion (DD's bday) I had to do it :)

Goodness, what a lucky goose! Another trip in a couple weeks!
We'll be there at the same time...! Here's to not so crowded parks!

That will be a nice birthday present for your daughter! I can see it for special reasons :)

I'm hoping it won't be too crowded either. The crowd calender on touring plans has it rather low so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Wow! You're living your life right! I can't imagine being able to visit Disney every year...let alone have two or three visits in one year. I'm loving your report...if I can't be there, I can dream about it!
I'm very lucky we live in driving distance to allow me to visit so often. If we were flying I know it wouldn't be as much of an option.

My job might be changing some over the next month so taking all the relaxation I can get before I go insane again is well needed :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter