ING, Emigrant, HSBC & the rate cut

rflorek

DIS Veteran
Well, ING has lowered their rate to 3.65% after yesterday's rate cut. HSBC has only lowered their account to 4.25%. EmigrantDIrect still shows their rate as 4.55%, but it is shown as effective 1/10/2008, so I don't think they have adjusted for the rate cut yet.

Well, ING has lowered their rate to 3.65% after yesterday's rate cut. HSBC has only lowered their account to 4.25%. EmigrantDIrect still shows their rate as 4.55%, but it is shown as effective 1/10/2008, so I don't think they have adjusted for the rate cut yet.
I believe HSBC was at 4.25% previously so I am sure that will be adjusted down also :sad1:
ETA: If you check bankrate.com,Emigrant's rate of 4.55% is listed as of yesterday, 1/22. Maybe we can hope by some strange chance they don't lower it!

Emigrant Direct doesn't lower their rates until the 1st of the month following the rate cut. So the rate will change effective Feb 1st. This is how they've proceeded with the two previous rate cuts.

Oh well - I was expecting this. I have over $50,000 in the checking so at least that is getting 4%.

Damn! I was just making a mental note to check my ING tonight when I get home from work when I saw your post! :sad2:

If you check right on the HSBC home page, the footnote for the 4.25% rate states as of 1/23/08.
(In response to my earlier: "I believe HSBC was at 4.25% previously so I am sure that will be adjusted down also.")

Not to beat a dead horse, but my statement for 1/4/08 states annual percentage yield earned 04.36%, which translates, I believe, to a 4.25% rate. So I guess we will just have to wait and see if/when they lower it. :)

The HSBC 4.25% was from the last rate cut. It has been that way for at least a month or two. Who knows what they are going to do with it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter