Info WDW Reservations gave about MYW Dining Was WRONG!!!

7beasley

DIS Veteran
I called Disney last week to get quotes on packages including MYW Dining.

I was planning to go for 7 nights and 8 days.

I wanted an 8 Day Ticket

Disney told me I would also get 8 Days of Dining which for 2 adults would cost $560.

Called today to book the package and was told that Dining only covers the nights - so 7 nights is 7 Dining tickets (7 Table Service, 7 Counter Service and 7 Snacks each)

So even though I am going to be there for 8 full days - Disney will only let me get 7 days of dining ($490).

This completely changes all of the calculations I had done plus I lose a night of dining for table service I had picked unless I want to pay out of pocket.

Bottom line is - this program is all very new and some of the disney reservations people don't have it right yet --

they said it corresponds to DAYS but BEWARE -- it corresponds to NIGHTS!!!

It has always corresponded to the number of nights stayed. This is nothing new and CRO has lead people to the same thing in the past.

I too thought that the old silver plan was the number of days, as this was what the CM at CRO said, but noooo it is the number of nights and has always been the number of nights.

I booked the package when it first became available in January, and was also told that it was for the # of days. Of course, I learned that it was for # of nights here on the DIS. No problem for us, since we want to use the fantasmic dinner option, and will go to Islands of adventure one day.

I think they figure you will not be there the entire day you check-in or the entire day you check-out, so they make it for the number of nights. If they charged for every day, people would complain that they will not arrive until late afternoon on check-in day and will leave morning/early afternoon on check-out day, so they would not be able to use all the meals.

Similar question. First time on a package. We've always stayed off resort before. We booked for 8 nights - 9 days including arrival and departure. If I understand the math correctly that means 8 snacks, 8 counter-service and 8 dinners times the number of people and they can be used in any combination. My questions is can we use them over the 9 days? Similar issue with the park tickets - I.e. If you have a seven day ticket does it begin when you check-in? or when you first use it? Thanks.

Deb

------------------
Carribean April 4-12, 2005

The dining will be good for the dates of your WDW reservation. If your dates are 4/4 to 4/12, that is what your resort ID will say and that's when you can use your meals. If you have a seven day ticket, you can use it any 7 days. If you bought plus options, those would be separate. If you didn't buy the no expiration feature, the tickets will expire 14 days from first use.

But for my dining pkg it doesn't really matter because I get 6 nights but we will get in for dinner on arrival and depart after bkfst so I still get all my meals in I figure... :cool1:

The plan works for the number of nights. 5 nights = 5cs, 5sn, 5ts. The plan expires on midnight the day of your checkout. So if you are planning on spending the day in WDW, the day you check out, you have until midnight to use your options.

Well now I'm confused. We made reservations for WL with the MYW w/dining and was told it was the number of days not nights. We'll be there from 6/13 and checking out 6/16. That would be 4 days 3 nights. On my reservations letter I received from the Walt Disney World Travel Co., it has all our names listed (me,DW,DS,and DD), 4-4 day hopper tickets and then it says in parenthesis by each persons name (4TS,4CS, and 4 snacks) that would lead me to believe that we could eat the 13th,14th,15th and 16th.

Maybe I should call again, but I'll be really PO'd if what I've been lead to believe is true isn't. I wished they had broken down the cost of the package, that would be easier to see. Dog gone it, I'm gonna need to call.

Have a magical day,

Andy

28 days and counting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter