*** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CanadianGuy, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Disneywedding2010

Disneywedding2010 DIS Veteran

We are shipping Christmas stuff and stuff that will go in our Owner's Locker (we are DVC members). I estimated our box to weigh 20 pounds and I did the cheapest shipping for UPS and it came out to $16 dollars (roughly). To check one bag on AA its going to be around $25 dollars. So for us yes it will be cheaper to ship it.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. HollyEpcot

HollyEpcot Mouseketeer

Am wondering whether to use Amazon, Costco or Walmart to send snacks/beverages to All-Star. Anyone have comments either positive or negative? Thanks!

4. HollyEpcot

HollyEpcot Mouseketeer

My post-trip follow-up- We wound up using Costco for water - they were very cheap- case of 24 1/2 liter bottles of zephyrillis water was about $6, including shipping. I ordered it about 2 weeks in advance (was concerned about possible delay due to Thanksgiving). We also ordered some items from Amazon. Both companies did great - our packages arrived at Disney approx. a week before we did. The only downside - we checked into All-Stars in the afternoon- requested the deliveries at check-in, requested again at night, packages were not delivered to our room until the next morning around 8:30 a.m., which created a (small) delay in our getting to the park.

5. James Alex

James Alex Earning My Ears

Only if your home is in Florida. It's illegal to ship alcohol over state lines without a license.

6. Disneywedding2010

I just had my fiance ship off a box to Old Key West for our Christmas trip. He said it was $35.62. The gentleman that was helping him said that more then likely it will be there Friday night or Saturday morning. I like having a tracking number so I can keep track of it. We won't get there til Wednesday so it will have to sit there for a few days. However, at least I know it will be there and I won't be stressing over it.

7. Lewisc

Lewisc <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

This paragraph was part of my email confirmation.

8. Disneywedding2010

I just checked the tracking on my package and it arrived yesterday afternoon. One less thing to worry about now :).

9. tjlemkuil

tjlemkuil Mouseketeer

I know it's a bit early but, I will be coming down in November 2011 as part of a band that will be performing at WDW. In the past when travelling on our own I have had water shipped to us at the resort. Has anyone shipped water when going as a group? If so how did you address it as the reservation is not in your name? :confused3

10. katiegel

katiegel Earning My Ears

i am SO sorry! i haven't been around - the past month and a half has been bananas!!!

it was 3 days from drop-off to pick up. when you drop your boxes off ask for a return package sticker so you'll pre-pay both ways. and you can just drop your stuff off at the resort to send home! it was SUPER easy. (i hope this wasn't too late!)

11. Angila

Angila Earning My Ears

nice sharing i like this.

12. lamb616

lamb616 DIS Veteran

I was wondering about Garden Grocer - how far in advance do we place the order?

13. 1disneychic

1disneychic Mouseketeer

Can you use Amazon to ship items to your resort? I was going to order some things off of Amazon, but they usually ship using the USPS. I read on this thread not to ship by USPS since it may not get there. Has anyone ordered off of Amazon and gotten their items in time? Amazon is showing me that what I want to order has free 2 day shipping.

14. LaughingSphinx

LaughingSphinx Mouseketeer

(if this has already been addressed, I apologize)
    Due to special dietary requirements, it looks like I'll be ordering groceries to the resort. I plan to stay at CBR; does anyone know if I'd have problems if I set up my order so that it's supposed to arrive at the resort just before/as I do? (I'm thinking we should arrive at CBR around noon-ish) It would be almost all refrigerated items, and in mid-September I'd like to get them safely tucked into the room fridge!
    And has anyone ordered fruits/vegetables; is the quality decent? I'd hate to order a bunch of apples and receive stuff I wouldn't pick out for myself in the grocery store!

15. Branan5

Branan5 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info.

16. njmom47

njmom47 <font color=blue>He's such a fiend!<br><font color

We used WeGoShop, ordered cold stuff (as well as fruit, water and other groceries). We got a call that our stuff was Bell Services at CBR; cold stuff was kept refrigerated. I had no issues with anything; would do it again for sure. We actually picked up our order, although I don't know why:confused3 (my husband used a luggage cart, but we were in Aruba 51, not far from guest services). We were in WDW Christmas week and I had placed the order 2 weeks previously. Did not get my delivery day of choice, but the next day (which was still ok). So how far out to place your order could be based on how busy it will be while you're there.

17. savvywifey

savvywifey Earning My Ears

great info to know

18. 2 lil' ladybugs

2 lil' ladybugs Earning My Ears

We used Garden Grocer last 2 times we went and it was wonderful. Totally worth it.

19. 2 lil' ladybugs

2 lil' ladybugs Earning My Ears

I have used Garden Grocer 2 times. I think I scheduled 2 or 3 weeks out. Both times I scheculed a specific deliver time. We were in our room at that time, but they came early. No worries though as both times our resort stored the times (POR and BW).

20. jm106

jm106 DIS Veteran

Thank you for this info. We planned to head to MK right after arrival. I will probably only have milk for refridgeration so I am glad to know they will keep it cold.
    Should I still call and see, ask how long or if they put it into room fridge

21. Moira222

Moira222 Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

I just LOVE this topic, so much great info. We will arrive at WLR about 9pm. And want to be @ rope drop the next day. Will garden grocer deliver before we arrive? We r not ordering refrigerated items, so if its delivered the day we arrive (but earlier) that would rock. Anyone know?