(CLOSED) *** INFO : Shipping to Your Resort ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have always shipped a box down to our resort for years. Can you let me know what the cost was for you to ship your box this year? I'm coming up with close to $35 to ship our box this year....in past years its been $15 or under....:crazy2:

I'm debating just doing a checked bag for $20....

So I'm about to ship our costumes down... I can send them today and they arrive the day before we do, or I can send them tomorrow and they should arrive the same day we get there....

I think I might opt to send it out today as the UPS system is telling me it doesn't recognize the address (AoA address) and it might delay shipment??? Anyone else get this screen or is this because the AoA is such a new resort? Or maybe the fact that I'm using the first line in the address lines for our reservation number and the second address line as the actual address. Any suggestions?

Also has anyone ever then shipped something HOME from the resort? Should I have an UPS label printed for a specific send out date ready to go or will they do that at the front desk?

Update - just got off the phone with the AoA hotel CM... when I asked about UPS not recognizing the address she confirmed it's because it's so new probably not in their system yet.

More importantly, someone correct me if she's wrong, she said NOT to put your Reservation number or Room number on the package, instead provide your name and your check in date and they can find the rest of the information from that. But identity thieves can utilize your reservation number or room number to collect personal information.

Hi! I was wondering if anyone ever tried to ship their Photopass+ to their resort, would that work?

Hi all,

Sorry, it's our Back to School night tonight so I haven't read through this whole thread. :crazy2:

It's been a year since we last went...and our first time staying at AS Music.

Does AS Music charge for receiving deliveries?

Does AKV Jambo charge for receiving deliveries (last few times I went they did not)?

Does OKW charge for receiving deliveries (I thought they might).

Thanks!

626 Fan said:
Has anyone had any experience shipping their luggage to the resort? Not the bags themselves, but a box containing all the things one would pack for a vacation? I've been looking at sending a box FedEx and if I can keep the weight reasonable it works out cheaper than checking a bag on Spirit (which I foolishly booked before learning how evil it was).

I assume it would work the same as shipping anything else, but anyone actually try it? Also, I haven't seen a definite answer regarding shipping from the hotel to home. I'm staying at ASMo. If I take everything already packaged and labeled up to the front desk will they send it out?

I read through this whole thread a few weeks ago, but now I have new questions and I don't remember them being answered here, but I'm not going all the way back through to double check!

Just curious as to what kind of problems you had with Spirit? I have flown with them several times in the past and have had no problems, although it has been a few years since I have flown with them.

does anyone know if the HESS across from DTD is still there? i read it in the post from 2010 so I just want to make sure. I am thinking ill just go there instead of shipping water down.

Great thread with some great info. I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to here. Can I order wine (I'm assuming one of the online grocery stores there would have it) and have it shipped to my resort along with my groceries? Or is this not legal in Florida? I have used GardenGrocer in the past, with great results, but didn't order wine.
I know that Garden Grocer has Beer. I belive you must fax them your D.L.
The instructions are on thier web site.

LucyBC80 said:
Does anyone have any experience shipping Amazon and other retails to your resort?

Lots if people have done it. Varies significantly depending on the resort. I'm planning to ship a Christmas tree and an air bed to BWV in Dec.

we arrive at POFQ on 10/13. how long will they hold the delivery for? when do you suggest I place my order?

krismusc313 said:
we arrive at POFQ on 10/13. how long will they hold the delivery for? when do you suggest I place my order?

We stayed at CBR in June and I shipped our boxes on Monday for our Saturday arrival. When we checked in they had them and delivered them to our rooms for us. It was really painless and easy. I am planning on doing it again on our next stay in 2013. We also brought prepaid shipping labels and used the boxes to ship stuff home. They took care of all of it for us when we checked out.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi we will be checking into OKW next june, (I know a long time away) and I am thinking of ordering some goodies for my kids via the disneystore.com (princess dresses etc, I'm sure they will still be selling them come may time :) ) and wondered if I could get it delivered to the resort and whether I would get charged for delivering it there by the hotel. Also how much in advance should I order it to get there in time, some items will be personalised. Thanks and hope someone can advise me. :)

The address listed in the beginning of the post that is listed for the Port orleans Riverside is not recognized by ups when I go to print the label. Any suggestions?

We will be staying at BLT...would we just ship to CR address or is there a separate address for BLT? Thanks!! :thumbsup2

I shipped a box UPS to AoA on Tuesday and was advised it should arrive on Friday 10/5. We're checking in Tuesday 10/9. Just wanted to ensure no impact from weekend and Columbus Day! From PA to FL it cost 26.00 for a 26lb box. It was 17x17x17 size box. I got them to print out another label from AoA back to home address (which cost another $1.00 more) so for @ 50.00 I get the convenience minus the worries of dealing with the airlines. Well worth it. :thumbsup2

I'm trying to figure out the benefit of shipping snacks/toiletries over simply checking them as baggage? The quote I got for shipping a 45 lb box to the resort using UPS was MUCH higher than simply checking an extra bag. Am I doing something wrong with my calculations?

Checked bag (up to 50 lbs) on Airtran: $20
Shipping a 45 lb box via UPS: $39.01
Shipping a 45 lb box via FedEx: $32.45

What am I missing??

luvmyguyz said:
I'm trying to figure out the benefit of shipping snacks/toiletries over simply checking them as baggage? The quote I got for shipping a 45 lb box to the resort using UPS was MUCH higher than simply checking an extra bag. Am I doing something wrong with my calculations?

Checked bag (up to 50 lbs) on Airtran: $20
Shipping a 45 lb box via UPS: $39.01
Shipping a 45 lb box via FedEx: $32.45

What am I missing??

Totally depends on size, weight and distance. 45 lbs is light for luggage but heavy for a shipped package.

Totally depends on size, weight and distance. 45 lbs is light for luggage but heavy for a shipped package.

Well that makes sense. I guess I'll just weigh all of the items and see which works out to be the cheaper method of getting it there. Thanks to posters here on the Disboards, my packing list is growing everyday!! :rotfl2: But everyone has such good ideas of things to bring!

I read through a couple of pages on this thread but didn't see an answer to my question so I will ask it and hope somebody can help me. I'm wanting to order something from the Disney Store website to our resort so that it is there for the MNSSHP on the 23rd. I understand I put the resort address in the shipping address field and my name in the name field. But is that going to be enough for them to know that it is my package? There's no space for special instructions so I can't put in my reservation number. Does anybody have any experience with this? If I use the regular shipping will it arrive to the resort before the 23rd? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter