Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

Frankly, I'm horrified by this story - I can't imagine not being allowed to retrieve my child!

I don't care if they have to shut down the whole ride, if my child is scared to go through alone, then she shouldn't have to go through alone. My husband would have been ripping heads off right and left.

Since you didn't try the seats out front, they should have pulled you aside for the test seats inside. But they didn't, which means they dropped the ball by not grabbing you out of line. Forcibly separating parents and children is inexcusable. I think this one's worthy of writing a letter of complaint, so that in future they're more proactive about pulling people out of line when there's any doubt.

There was another sibling riding too. The child was not riding alone. But I agree that if the child didn't want to ride once the mother had to leave, they should have let that child off. I guess we'd have to have been there to know exactly how it happened.

Q for those who were sweating it out & had success...

wondering if any of you had tried the test seat for Epcot's Sum of All Thrills Coaster & fit?popcorn::

I tried it & fit easily, was hoping to save myself embarrassment @ HP in Oct.

Had no issue with the girls (DDs) when lowering the epcot restraint. it was an odd feeling to feel my ample backside slide down into the seat that looks similar to the pic posted here, except the Epcot one has much deeper sides due to section attached to back part weird feeling to slide down into it:confused3oddly enough, easier to get out than in for some reason lol

Sum%20of%20all%20Thrills%2003.jpg

p1040584.jpg

p1040788.jpg

We are thinking of going in Feb, and I was wondering about this ride. I was looking at your pictures and wondering if the seats are in sections of 4 or is it a continuous run of seats? Just trying to see how we would seat the kids with my husband and I, especially since it sounds like some parts can be scary in the dark.

We are thinking of going in Feb, and I was wondering about this ride. I was looking at your pictures and wondering if the seats are in sections of 4 or is it a continuous run of seats? Just trying to see how we would seat the kids with my husband and I, especially since it sounds like some parts can be scary in the dark.

They are in sections of 4.

I just got back from a 5 day trip to Orlando. Spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at WWOHP. I was a little worried that I would not fit after stalking these boards for weeks. I am 5'8" 235 lbs and I had no problem getting the 3 clicks on my own and still felt good in the seat.

I will say this though, on my 5th time riding there was a lady in front of me who I thought was rather large and I kept thinking she was going to be turned away. They didnt even pull her out of line for a test seat. She ended up sitting in the bench with me and my SO and she could only get 2 clicks and the TM literally pushed down with all his weight to get the third click. He then asked her if she could breathe okay and she said yes but it was really uncomfortable. I thought for sure he was going to let her off but nope, all he asked was "can you tolerate it for 5 minutes??" She must've said yes because she rode. And he pushed hard.

I hope these TMs who are pushing down on the seats you guys are seeing are all on duty next Thursday! :rotfl:

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out, buttongirl. They should have let you take your daughter off! I agree that's worthy of a letter.

I just got back from a 5 day trip to Orlando. Spent Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at WWOHP. I was a little worried that I would not fit after stalking these boards for weeks. I am 5'8" 235 lbs and I had no problem getting the 3 clicks on my own and still felt good in the seat.

I will say this though, on my 5th time riding there was a lady in front of me who I thought was rather large and I kept thinking she was going to be turned away. They didnt even pull her out of line for a test seat. She ended up sitting in the bench with me and my SO and she could only get 2 clicks and the TM literally pushed down with all his weight to get the third click. He then asked her if she could breathe okay and she said yes but it was really uncomfortable. I thought for sure he was going to let her off but nope, all he asked was "can you tolerate it for 5 minutes??" She must've said yes because she rode. And he pushed hard.

I feel like such an idiot for asking this, but... when you say you thought she was rather large.. where, exactly, was she large. Upper body, lower body or "all over" body? :lmao: Was she tall?

im wondering when the 1st lawsuit will be filed for busted gut or something:rolleyes1TMs really caught between rock & hard place on this one, i feel for anybody manning that ride.:wizard:

I feel like such an idiot for asking this, but... when you say you thought she was rather large.. where, exactly, was she large. Upper body, lower body or "all over" body? :lmao: Was she tall?

She was all over large, and I'm not saying that to be mean but you know how it is on this board. I spent weeks and weeks reading all these posts of people with certain dimensions not riding and when my SO and I saw her we both just figured they wouldn't let her ride.

I am awful with guessing sizes but I figured she was maybe 5'6" and about 245 lbs. But I could be wrong, I am awful at guessing weights!

I

Thanks John thats interesting and good to know, when the ride first opened they seemed a bit reluctant to squish people into their restraints, so i'm happy they are now doing this.......i can cope with being uncomfortable for getting to ride :woohoo:

im wondering when the 1st lawsuit will be filed for busted gut or something:rolleyes1TMs really caught between rock & hard place on this one, i feel for anybody manning that ride.:wizard:

I'm wondering what they will do when the first person who can't get 3 clicks refuses to get off.

I'm wondering what they will do when the first person who can't get 3 clicks refuses to get off.

They had an incident like that in the first couple days. They had to shut down the whole ride, and they were a lot stricter about letting oversize people on for awhile after that. There were reports of TMs flatly refusing to push down on the restraints at all.

So basically, refusing to get off is ruining it for everyone.

I rode today! I'm about 5'6" @245 and proportional. They didn't pull me to test and asked if they push hard. They got the 3 clicks. My 42Gs were squished into a sort of uni-b**b but hey I RODE! It was awesome!

I rode today! I'm about 5'6" @245 and proportional. They didn't pull me to test and asked if they push hard. They got the 3 clicks. My 42Gs were squished into a sort of uni-b**b but hey I RODE! It was awesome!
Yay! Just think of it as a two for one deal. You got to ride FJ and got a mammogram at the same time. ;)

It would not let me retrieve my seven year old daughter who was crying because she was scared to ride without me.

wow! I am so sorry that happened! My 7 year old DD would have gotten hysterical if that had happened to her. That is really unacceptable. :sad2:

Yay! Just think of it as a two for one deal. You got to ride FJ and got a mammogram at the same time. ;)

LOL! That's a great way to look at it! :rotfl:

I'm still wondering about tall people because there doesn't seem to be a lot of reporting about that. Is some guy who is 6'5" or 6'6" going to be able to ride, or is that too tall? Has anyone seen taller guys like this be able to ride? :confused3

Well...I went this past Friday night. I hadn't been in a while because myself and my family were in a very bad car accident a few weeks ago.

and...I fit. I even got the green light outside. I'm now 6'2, 255.

I didn't get stopped at all for testing, and once on the ride, I could actually pull the harness down to 4 clicks.

So yeah, I'm happy, after waiting 3 months to ride and losing approximately 30 pounds, it was worth it.

I gotta ask as i'm still nervous, i'm between 255-260 lbs & 5'9, I have a little bit of a stomach but i'm not overly large. My profile pic shows me & I was wondering if there was a chance i'd be able to fit given these dimensions. Crossing my fingers & TIA!

The best thing for you to do is go through the line and try getting on the ride. The worst that will happen is you get to see the most amazing queue ever made in any theme park. The ride itself is just icing on an already wonderful cake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter