Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

:cool1: So after seeing all these posts I was very concerned as I am a larger person. But after all the worrying I got on!
I did NOT fit in the test seat outside... although it was very close and he said I should try the seats inside and also he said the seats on the ends of the four across are a bit bigger. :wizard:
The seats in the cue line I did not even try as I was at a special event and we got to get right on the ride- they just said to try the ride seats and if we did not fit they would get us off. So I was getting ready to tell them to push down and I did not care how tight it was but before I knew it he said you are fine and I was on the ride!

I really have no idea about my weight but if I had to guess I would say 230. I am about 5'4". My chest measurement is 47" waist is 40" hips/butt is 50" no problems in any of those areas.... I had problems with the thighs- I have quite short legs so the restraint hit my just above the knee although for most people it would probably hit at midthigh. Basically where your leg hits the end of a regular chair. My measurement around my thigh at that place is 23.
I hope I am of help to you all and GOOD LUCK- it was an awesome ride!

Excellent! so glad you could ride. I was so happy when DS made it too...even though it was a very and I mean very tight fit!

I am 5'6" and 243. It was tight in the thigh area until the seat reclined at the beginning of the ride. That made me slide back and I was much more comfortable.

I rode the ride 5 times and was never pulled aside to be tested. I was prepared for the chest area to be really tight, I'm a 38 DD, but my chest was totally comfortable and not tight at all. I'm also 5'10" and didn't feel the seat was too short. However I did think the upper thigh area was tight. :eek: My best advice is when you sit down stick your bottom all the way back into the seat as far as it will go so the thicker part of your thighs is further back from where the harnass needs to fasten.

This may be a dumb question but when you all give your chest measurements is it just around the chest or arms and chest included. I am thinking just the chest but in this situation it looks like there isn't much room in that seat if you are broad shouldered so I am totally :confused3

i fit, now with some help:rotfl2:. I am 5'9" at 260# stocky guy. You can not go by the out side one, they will push it down only untill It reaches your chest or leggs, mine came up red. At that point I jsut was going to walk through with my DS, In side at the second test seat I pass with a little help from the cm, but did pass. The ride was like the test seat, I pass with a little budge actually I did not see any one not pass.

I am 5'6" and right around 250#. I wear a size 20-22 pants and a 2x-3x shirt loose fitting. 42DD at the chest. I am largest around my hips and upper body. Legs/ thighs probably at least a size smaller. I made it on when the attendant pushed down. Much bigger and I don't know if it would click. It was tight (how I would want it to be to feel secure) but not uncomfortable. I don't recall the bar pressing on my thighs.

Hey guys, hoping some of you can give me a bit of advice. My family and I are going to IOA in December and I'm worried my mom won't be able to fit on FJ. She is 5'1 and carries all of her weight in her stomach, over 200 pounds though I don't know the exact number. I'm worried that her stomach might interfere with the restraints.

Also, just a question for the ladies out there, if you're a size 18 but have a large bust, will that affect the restraints?

Hiya gang. Been to Dis/Universal 4 times since 2003 and this Oct will be trip number 5.
I am (god I h8 saying this) a 40 Yr old male and i'm 5'7' 289....or at least I was.... Will be there in 74 days and have been on a diet with the specific goal of riding FJ.
Now at around the 100 day mark I started to get serious about losing the lbs....now down from 289 to 264....aiming for 230's....
Now most of my trips I normally try to lose a few beforehand and have been around 275, but been able to fit on everything. Everything including taking the "walk of shame" to the test seats and feeling crummy about it, and normally having the misses cram me into my restraints for hulk, dueling dragons etc. like a sardine, but the job gets done. I am only giving you the details to give anyone around my dimensions some hope on the trip.

Again.... 5'7" 275 44 waist and 2x shirts(almost 3x) got me on rides with effort.....I also had to look for the plus size seats if any rides had em..... 20 lbs will make a H U G E difference on any other ride but FJ.....FJ requires about 240 for me the way it looks......
If you are my dimensions and 270 and under, you should be in good shape for anything other than FJ......FJ will make you work for it ;)

Happy Trips to ya!!!!!
Darby O'Gill - Indiana

I hope I fit.

I'm 5'7", have wear a 40DD, weigh 250, and wear anywhere between an 18-24 pant. Depending on the cut/style. I'm an "apple" shaped lady. Like my hips/thighs are probably a size 18/20, But since I carry my weight in my stomach due to my PCOS I need to wear a size 22/24 pant in the waist. Cloths shopping is horrid. But anyway - how are the ladies with tummies fitting?

I am going up to HHN/IOA in late Oct on a coworkers get away weekend. And I REALLY don't wanna have to exit via the fat door of shame in front of them. :upsidedow

Im 6'2" and about 270 FJ was first ride ever I could not get on at any theme park. I could get two clicks but they require three. It may just be me but walking through the cue of FJ is interesting even if you dont get to ride, but they have ruined the dueling dragons cue forever.

Can't even start to say how worried I am about not fitting on this ride, i'm becoming obsessed I think.

I'm from uk and couldnt get onto one of our theme park rides (never had a problem in Orlando), I was so mortified by this.

Been loosing some weight, even joined the gym, but now don't even think i'm brave enough to see if i fit into the test seat...... I'm a US size 20 with big *** and thighs.... If i could I would probably cancel the holiday only got 10 more weeks to loose weight.

These more recent reports are quite heartening. I'm fairly confident that I will fit at 5' 11" 265 lbs. I'd planned to be hitting the treadmill and making a serious effort at losing weight right now, but a pretty nasty toe injury has sidelined my efforts for the moment. I'm hoping to get the clearance (and be sufficiently pain-free) to hit the treadmill soon anyway. But I'm must more hopeful that I'll be able to ride than I was the first few weeks after the ride opened.

but they have ruined the dueling dragons cue forever.

They ruined it even if you fit. They just plastered over everything and threw a few flags in, like they just used every good idea they had in the new buildings and ran out of things to use here. Perhaps that is a stopgap to make sure they opened on the promised date and they will fix it later but for now that is the only part about the expansion that ended up being worse than it was before they "improved" IT.

If you have 10 weeks you can lose a good 30 pounds or more before then. I would use this as motivation. Just count your calories, eat 1200 a day. Do you have a smart phone? Sparkpeople.com has a great application, or you can use the website, to track your calories. And walk 30 minutes a day and you will get there, I promise! :)

Can't even start to say how worried I am about not fitting on this ride, i'm becoming obsessed I think.

I'm from uk and couldnt get onto one of our theme park rides (never had a problem in Orlando), I was so mortified by this.

Been loosing some weight, even joined the gym, but now don't even think i'm brave enough to see if i fit into the test seat...... I'm a US size 20 with big *** and thighs.... If i could I would probably cancel the holiday only got 10 more weeks to loose weight.

They ruined it even if you fit. They just plastered over everything and threw a few flags in, like they just used every good idea they had in the new buildings and ran out of things to use here. Perhaps that is a stopgap to make sure they opened on the promised date and they will fix it later but for now that is the only part about the expansion that ended up being worse than it was before they "improved" IT.

Yes I fit on Dueling Dragons and yeah I dont understand why they had to plaster over all the skulls and stuff in the walls. Dont the Dragons in Harry Potter kill people also? And the only semi cool effect put in the cue the hanging candles is also used on FJ so its not even special to that cue.

Yes I fit on Dueling Dragons and yeah I dont understand why they had to plaster over all the skulls and stuff in the walls. Dont the Dragons in Harry Potter kill people also? And the only semi cool effect put in the cue the hanging candles is also used on FJ so its not even special to that cue.

I hope they add some stuff to the Dragon Challenge queue in the future but I'm not going to hold my breath.

i have really been worried as to if i will fit. i am 5'4 207 pounds, wear a large t-shirts that fits loosely and a size 14 jean from american eagle. i have a little bit of a gut but other than than my weight is evenly distributed partyl due to playing college softball. pretty much nothing in the **** or butt department lol

I think it's hard for anyone to answer based on weight and height only. It's where you carry your weight that matters.

I'm 5'3" and weigh about 215 and am shaped like a pear. Always have been kinda curvy. :lmao: I'm in the process of losing some inches, but at my age, the ole' metabolism doesn't work as well as it used to, and my health issues prevents me from much exercise, so it's a very slow process.

My goal is to be below 200 by November and I have high hopes that I can achieve it. Even so, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to fit on FJ. It's still going to depend on how my derriere fits into that seat... dang it! :sad2:

If my rear can slide far enough back into the seat, then that overhead harness just might clear my upper body. Of course, then I have to worry about how low I can lower the harness onto my thighs to get those infamous 3 clicks. (heavy sigh)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter