Info on the Disney Dining Plan

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
I don't know much about the Disney Dining Plan so I could use any & all information that everyone has. There are 5 in our family, including 3 teen DD's (16, 13 & 13). We have an extended trip planned in April at 3 different resorts & are wondering if at one of the resorts we should try the dining plan. :confused3

What is the cost per day & what does it include exactly? Are there any discounts for AP holders or DVC members. I know they have a plan if you are staying on DVC, but I don't think we would use it then as we are staying in a 2BR, have a full kitchen & always eat breakfast & many lunches while there.

My Dining Experience card just expired. We loved it & used it a lot, so I'm weighing whether we should just do that again or do a dining plan.

TIA! :goodvibes

I just read that in April it will be possible to get the Dining Plan with the DVC. I'm so disappointed that it doesn't start in March since that's when we are going. I'm surprised that it has taken so long to make that change. I would think that it would be available to everybody staying on Disney property. Oh well....next time.

7 days and counting. I can't wait. :Pinkbounc This time we're going alone....no kids, no grandkids. WE ( :love: DH and ME) are the kids and we're in our early 60's. We've waited a long time to do it this way. We've been to Disney 7 times over the years with various family members, but I think this time will be the BEST!

Have a great evening all.................. :dog: Rosco's Jamma

Thanks for the link. Does anyone know if you can get the dining plan without being on a package? We have AP's, so we do room only ressies.

Are you staying at a DVC resort? If so, no you do not have to purchase tickets with the plan. If not you do have to purchase at least a 1 day park ticket.

We (3 Adults) used the Dining Plan in October. We were staying at the BCV but did not plan on "eating in" other than for breakfast. We used our CS credits for lunch at the various parks and the TS for lunch at Morroco one day and the rest for sit down dinners. We were there during the Food and Wine Festival so we used our CS there.
I researched the menus on allearsnet.com and we identified the restaurants we wanted to eat at. I then looked at what we would most likely order (not the most expensive item on the menu). When I added up the costs I felt that the cost would be good.
We saved $450 over the cost of the Dining Plan. We felt it was great.

MELSMICE said:
Thanks for the link. Does anyone know if you can get the dining plan without being on a package? We have AP's, so we do room only ressies.

You can only get the dining plan if you buy a package (no AP room discount). Which means everyone in your party must buy at least a 1 day ticket. The only exception is if you are a DVC member using points, or someone renting points from a DVC member. Then you can add the dining plan and not be required to have the same tickets.

So you have to choose, AP room discount, or dining package. You need to crunch the numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter