Info on pirate museum in Nassua

CC197823

Mouseketeer
Have two boys ages 10 and 8. Going on the Wonder 1/21 and trying to decide what we should do in Nassua. (Up to now was considering not getting off but since this is our first cruise I'm thinking we should at least get off for alittle while just to say we were there) Anyway back on track, has anyone done the Pirate Museum tour? Pros/Cons?

Thanks for you help

We did it about 2 years ago.Its not a bad little tour.It basically walks you thru the history of the Bahamas as a base for Pirates.Theres mockups of some of the ships of the period and theres some story telling also.Takes about 45 minutes or so to walk thru and see all the exhibits.

We did it about 2 years ago.Its not a bad little tour.It basically walks you thru the history of the Bahamas as a base for Pirates.Theres mockups of some of the ships of the period and theres some story telling also.Takes about 45 minutes or so to walk thru and see all the exhibits.

Sounds like a possibility then, we are all pretty much in agreement that we don't want to spend too much time off the ship in Nassua so we were looking for something interesting but not too lengthly then maybe alittle shopping and back on the ship.

Sounds to me like you have the perfect gender and ages for this tour. Some friends have gone and it is only $12 and they said excellent and just long enough on shore! It is very close to the pier too so you can walk. Kids get to walk on a pirate ship mock up etc.

Some thing else that we usually do in Nassau is to stop at the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch.Its close to the ship, and near to all the shopping.Just something different to pass the time.

We did this on our first cruise (2006). We all very much enjoyed it. (DS was 11 at the time and DD was 5 at the time.)

We went to the Pirate Museum on our first cruise in 2008. I have two teen girls and we all enjoyed it very much.

Ditto to the above - I think you and your kids will enjoy the tour, it really is a nice family attraction. Very easy walk from the ship - take care on the one time you have to cross a very busy traffic street.

We went and liked it a lot. My kids were 8 and 11. It was inexpensive, easy to get to and not too long or to short. Nassau is not one of my most favorite places to visit but the Pirate Museum is a good memory. It also produced some really cute pictures. I highly recommend going. You can do something fun without spending the entire day off the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter