Info on Dining at Norway

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by exnortherner, Sep 7, 2007.

1. exnortherner

exnortherner Mouseketeer

I was thinking of trying the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway, but don't know much about it. The Disney web site refers to dinner as "menu choice (all you can eat)". Does that mean you choose your entree and can have as much of it as you like? It sounds like there is a salad buffet station also, but I am not sure.

Can anyone tell me what to expect dining at Norway.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bnf2

bnf2 DIS Veteran

We've had breakfast there and it was served "family style'' and we did get 'seconds'. My Passporter says this:

" Enjoy authentic Nordic fare in a replica of a rustic Norwegian castle... Many diners have been happily surprised by food that's both remarkably familiar and somewhat unusual. Both cold and hot specialties are brought to your table...."

You can view and exensive menu at www.allears.net. Click dining, then menus and you're on your way.

4. Lyndye

Lyndye Clever girl

It's family style and buffet. At least for breakfast--I've never had lunch there. The buffet had traditional Norwegian food--fish, and other things that I don't remember much about. It was okay. The family style part is my favorite. There's sausage, eggs, biscuits, bacon and potato casserole stuff. I wouldn't fill up on the buffet. Save room for what is brought to you.

5. Ears2You

Ears2You Mouseketeer

There is a cold meats and cheeses bar as well as a salad bar that is all you care to eat. Then you pick an entree from the menu. There is a dessert sampler they bring to you family style. Everything was excellent. We were apprehensive at first with the menu, but my whole family loved it... we will definitely do the dinner again.

6. vicki845

vicki845 DIS Veteran

They do the same thing for lunch. I had the lamb which was very good. Dh had the chicken. He said it was good too. We also tried their breakfas. It was very good too. Next trip I would like to try the dinner.