Info From Passporters - MK Ceremony Price now $10,000

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by princesswendy720, Jan 12, 2011.

1. princesswendy720

princesswendy720 DIS Veteran

I just saw this on the Passporter's DFTW Facebook Page:
    "Magic Kingdom Ceremony Package Price Slashed! Disney has quietly reduced the price of a Magic Kingdom ceremony and removed most of the elements in the package. Now, $10,000 gets you the site, chairs, a string trio, and transport down Main Street in motorized vehicles for your guests. Guest limit is still 50, and all the same Wishes Collection food and beverage minimums apply."

So it's $10,000 for the ceremony, and then you have to have a reception with the Wishes per person Food and Beverage minimums. Still..I think this is reachable for a lot more people!

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/wishes/ceremony/magical/magic-kingdom/detail

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pixie921

pixie921 DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness ... this would be my dream-come-true!!! Thank you so much for posting this ... I've got a call in to my planner! :cool1:

4. princesswendy720

I hope you can do it! I'm considering throwing my plans out the window and just doing a brunch after with no floral, decor, and entertainment so we could afford it.

It's definitely something to think about!

5. pixie921

pixie921 DIS Veteran

Seriously! That's exactly what I'm thinking ... the ability to have the ceremony in the MK would totally be worth it!

6. helloirishkitty

helloirishkitty DIS Veteran

Oh I'm so mad my wedding is so close! I would love to do it :(

7. FutureMrs.B

FutureMrs.B DIS Veteran

Oh Fudge! I want to do the same thing. Damn that I have my photographer and videographer contracted! :headache:

8. ChocoKat

ChocoKat Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

So awesome! Great news for some lucky brides out there. :cool1:

9. pixie921

pixie921 DIS Veteran

Hmmm...I wonder if they take additional photos around the castle if you have an MK wedding like they do for Epcot weddings. If that's the case, an extra MK photo session might not be necessary ....

10. PartofDisney'sWorld

PartofDisney'sWorld DIS Veteran

If only I could slash my guest list! :sad1: We already sent out save-the-dates though.

11. FutureMrs.B

FutureMrs.B DIS Veteran

My thoughts exactly. I'm trying to figure out if this is possible. Oh i hope so! I just checked my contract for my photographer and videographer and I would just lose the deposit, which I'm willing to do.

12. princesswendy720

If you look at the pictures on the page (which appear to be from a real wedding - not promo shots) they have pictures in places other than Swan Boat Landing, so I think they probably would allow you to stick around for some pictures after :thumbsup2

13. FutureMrs.B

FutureMrs.B DIS Veteran

Good point. Hmm! ::whipping out calculator::

14. FutureMrs.B

FutureMrs.B DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what would happen if it rained? Is it still held there?

15. pixie921

pixie921 DIS Veteran

Carrie's book says the Wedding Pavilion is the rain location.

16. princesswendy720

The backup location for MK is the Wedding Pavillion (or at least it was). Which makes me wonder if they refund you the huge price difference between the two if you get rained out or if you just lose that money? Or if it's possible to negotiate an indoor location in the MK...I guess that would be up to theme park management.

17. FutureMrs.B

FutureMrs.B DIS Veteran

Hmm..yea that would suck if they didn't refund you the money. I'm doing math and it might be possible. I mean if stuff is bare bones. Which I'm willing to do for that location. But I don't want to end up losing money to do it where I'm originally going to have it for cheaper.

18. PartofDisney'sWorld

Hmmmm, I don't know, those pics could have been used from the MK Bridal shoot, to entice you...guess you'd just have to ask your planner to find out for sure though. I think if you're spending that much on just the ceremony site alone you should have the MK Bridal shoot included...I mean, you're already right there!!

19. princesswendy720

You can see some guests in the background of the picture of them in the coach.

20. PartofDisney'sWorld

You're right! I didn't see that before. Soooo, I guess this means you probably would not have to pay extra for the MK bridal shoot. Hooray! :banana:

As for the rain, it typically rains in the afternoons (if it does rain, usually in the summers), unless it's one of those off days where it just rains all day long (which is not very common). So I think anyone really has a great chance of it not raining, because it looks like you have to have an 8 a.m. ceremony.

21. pixie921

pixie921 DIS Veteran

I think those are wedding guests ... they look sort of dressed up. :)

But I"m sure you'd have some park guests in there as well, with breakfast at Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Royal Table opening at 8 a.m.