Infant Passport

bellastella227

Mouseketeer
Hello! We leave in one month for WDW and a 7-night Disney Cruise.:yay: :yay: :yay:

We got passports for everyone, just to be safe on the cruise. My DD is only 1 and I can't tell if I should sign it for her on the signature line. Are we supposed to? And, if so, do I sign her name or my name with an explanation? Please help, I'm so confused! :confused3

We just got our passports too and I wondered about this as well since obviously my 4yr old can't sign it. He can't even write him own name yet. I'll be interested in what others have to say about it but we have decided to leave it blank for now.

We got passports two years ago for our three kids (9,8 & 15 mos.at the time). I printed their names on the signature page and then put my initials. I had looked on the passport website but I found nothing that addressed this. We didn't have a problem checking in or getting on or off the ship (we went on a Disney Cruise). We got a real kick out of the 15 month old's passport picture, it looked like a baby mug shot. Hope this helps.

I had to get my DD a passport when she was 4 months old. I printed her full name and then signed mine next to it with (mother). Just like that. There has to be something on the signature line. The only question we've ever been asked if if we are traveling with her father, since you need a letter from the other parent to take a child out of the country. Just something to remember if you ever have to travel overseas and have your spouse meet you there!

We left DD2 blank, DD10 & DD15 signed theirs...a signature was not needed according to the cruise agent checking us in. Upon our return to the states the border agent never mentioned the missing sig either.

Both my kids have "official" passports (issued by the military, they look the same as tourist passports but let the kids stay overseas for years at a time since we're stationed over here). My son is on his second "official" passport and both times they have been issued to us, I was told to print their full name on the signature line and sign above it, putting "Mother" in parentheses (oh, how do you spell THAT word?). We've traveled in/out of the States and Europe many times and nobody really looks at the kids passports. Well, one customs agent in Germany did make me lift my 2 year old daughter up so he could see her and compare her to her picture but other than that, they just look and move you on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter