Inexpensive motel for one?

db6

Earning My Ears
We are arriving at Wilderness Lodge on May 1 for 5 nights. Originally the trip was me, my wife and our 4 year daughter. We have a court yard room booked. My wife has just asked if her mother could join us for a few nights, as the rooms in WL allow for 4 people. I really don't know how comfortable I would be with that arrangement. I'm thinking of letting the girls have the WL room for the nights my mother in law is there and I will get a cheap room offsite to sleep in. We will have a rental car, and I will be the only driver. Anoyone have any thoughts on nearby clean, cheap rooms? I don't need any ammenities as I will use this room only for sleeping.

Thanks for your help.

there are several - holiday inn, best western, marriott, budget, etc - what is your favorite brand (besides Disney)....

also always price the value resorts at WDW....

since you are going alone - a studios at Cypress pointe might work too

www.hotelkingdom.com

you sure this won't get your wife upset?

db6 said:
We are arriving at Wilderness Lodge on May 1 for 5 nights. Originally the trip was me, my wife and our 4 year daughter. We have a court yard room booked. My wife has just asked if her mother could join us for a few nights, as the rooms in WL allow for 4 people. I really don't know how comfortable I would be with that arrangement. I'm thinking of letting the girls have the WL room for the nights my mother in law is there and I will get a cheap room offsite to sleep in. We will have a rental car, and I will be the only driver. Anoyone have any thoughts on nearby clean, cheap rooms? I don't need any ammenities as I will use this room only for sleeping.

Thanks for your help.

There are currently some good deals on travelzoo.com for your dates. I just booked a 1 bdrm. at the Country Inn & Suites for $59/night.

Here's the link to that thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1084368

HTH!!! :teeth:

I personally think you and your wife should sleep, and I mean SLEEP, in one bed and your daughter and MIL in the other bed. Why would you feel so uncomfortable? Don't start trouble on yur vacation.
Now, if your wife suggested you go to a cheapie, that's different. They have REAL cheapies on West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway. We stayed at the Econolodge one night arriving at 12:30 am. It was 27.00. And yes, it smelled funny. I don't know what decomposing smells like, maybe that.

I've stayed at the Quality Inn Maingate West and also the Best Western Lakeside. They are both basic motels, clean, convenient, very close to Disney. The Quality Inn has a free continental breakfast. Best Western has fridges in the rooms.

Sounds like someone got kind of huffy when MIL was invited. I probably would have to, but then I would have calmed down.
I invited my mother on trips with us before and my husband eventually puts on a happy face. I would think it would be to difficult to have to seperate resorts. We are staying at the POP for two nights at about $80.00 a night before going on to WL. That may be a good option, as you get the same perks being on site. Good luck whatever you decide.

there is a holiday inn that runs about 44 a night, have u considered having the entire family stay offsite somewhere, like a villa form skyauction.com, they are very roomy and sleep up to 8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter