inexpensive Christmas gifts

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by Vickie46, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Vickie46

Vickie46 DIS Veteran

Hi..

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for inexpensive gifts for like Sunday School teachers.. mail man etc.. neighbors??

I saw like a glass jar filled with stuff.. but I am wondering what else can be put in it??'

Any ideas....

Thanks.. ::MickeyMo

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WDWMom

WDWMom DIS Veteran

I bought hot chocolate packets - Land O Lakes - at Sams CLub. There are 8 boxes of 8 flavors. I thought of putting one of each and wrapping in a ribbons for gifts like you mentioned. I bought tea also with the same idea.

4. ksjayhawks

ksjayhawks DIS Veteran

I do cookie mix, brownie mix, bread mix, cocoa or tea in quart jars every year. They go over real well! :flower:

5. DVCajun

DVCajun <font color=red>If you believe in Magic you belong

Flat marble magnets are super easy and so cool to receive as gifts. You can alter an Altoid tin to use as a "gift box.

6. MissBubbles

MissBubbles <font color=blue>I need: <font color=brown>chocola

One of the ladies I work with brings in a sheet of nuts & snack mix that the Boy Scouts sell (her nephew). A bag of deluxe mixed nuts, with no peanuts, is around $6.00. I just buy a cute tin at the dollar store and get that for my mail person, trash man, etc.

I figure I'm helping the Scouts and giving something other than candy.

7. CathrynRose

CathrynRose <font color=brown>R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P

Have you checked out Oriental Trading Company (online) ??? You can get some nifty stuff - cheap and in bulk.... :earsboy:

8. MerryPoppins

MerryPoppins <font color=coral>I posted around Woo Hooty time<b

If you want to make jar mixes, take a look at www.recipegoldmine.com . They have a whole section on jar mixes. Everything from soups to hot chocolate. My daughter and I make a different batch every year for neighbors and friends. It's easy because you do a whole bunch assembly line style.