Indianapolis Disney Meet Sat, Sept 6th - 7th Annual - All Welcome!

Discussion in 'Dis Meets' started by ADP, Jan 27, 2014.

1. wdwchamp

wdwchamp Mouseketeer

You can count on me and my dw to attend. We normally go to Disney for labor day weekend, so we always miss out on the DisMeet. I'm local as well so if you need any help let me know

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. paigenevan3

paigenevan3 Earning My Ears

I rarely post, as I'm usually a pretty shy person! Lol I am a beauty pageant director and have a pageant scheduled for September 7th & I'm considering changing dates to make this meet. I'm from Norris City, IL.. About 3 1/2 hours from Indy. I would love to make it but I'm a little nervous about how it all works and don't want to be awkwardly standing around LOL.

4. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

I have never been to one either but I am NOT worried about standing around. Too many people in one place all with the same reason for being there? I am sure the whole thing will be filled with laughing and chatting. Heck, I can talk to just about anyone (comes from living in the south for 14 years)! So if nothing else, I will make sure you are not awkwardly standing around :cool1:

5. paigenevan3

Well that's good to know! I'm going to try to make it! :) I need to meet Craig LOL
    That's been my goal since I started listening/watching!

6. ADP

ADP <marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu

Great ! And thank you for the offer. See you there !

Don't be nervous. It really is a lot of fun and you get to meet so many like-minded people. We hope to see you there.

Awesome insight.

7. BetsyRNBSN

BetsyRNBSN Mouseketeer

Sounds like fun, will try to get down. We are about 3 hours north, but will always travel for Disney!!!

8. ADP

Hi Everyone. For those of you who do not follow us on Facebook we now have an active hotel room block at the Cambria Suites. The hotel is about 3 miles from the site of the meet with a lot of dining and shopping options in the area.

Room rates are $119 plus tax per night for a king suite and $129 plus tax per night for a double queen suite. Prices include a breakfast buffet each morning for up to 4 guests in the room.

When calling to reserve your room ask for room block Give Kids the World.
    Here's the information about the hotel.
    http://www.cambriasuites.com/hotel-noblesville-indiana-IN278#listpos1

9. Disneyhayes

Disneyhayes DIS Veteran

We will be there again this year! :woohoo: Are there any other events going on that weekend as well? I am going to work on the craft that I suggested last year of the Mickey "stained glass". I am hoping to test it out with my kids this weekend.

10. Disneyhayes

Disneyhayes DIS Veteran

I akwardly stood around last year for all of 15 minutes and then my kids started dancing with Corey and Julie's kids and they were our ice breaker :-) I'd be happy to be a friend for you to meet there :thumbsup2

11. ADP

That's great and we really appreciate it. Message me if you have any questions or want to discuss it.

Awesome story and a great way to break the ice. :)

12. hops&dreams

hops&dreams DIS Veteran

Don't be nervous! I was feeling a lot like you were when I came last year. It was my first meet and everyone was SO friendly. There were icebreakers games, but my favorite thing to ask people was what's your screen name and why? It was interesting to hear everyone's answers!

I just plopped myself down at a table and started talking to those around me. I ended up having a good time and staying much longer than I expected!

I'm looking forward to this year's!

13. Al and Kate's Mom

Al and Kate's Mom DIS Veteran<br><font color=magenta>Thanks for shar

Thinking about driving up from Nashville. I've never been to Indy, so may plan a whole weekend! What types of things do people bring in terms of food, and what things are you looking for in terms of the silent auction/dontations?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

14. Mickeefan

Mickeefan DIS Veteran

I brought a big pan of macaroni & cheese, but I live locally so I was able to do that. Some others brought bags of chips, fried chicken, subway sandwiches, cookies. Some people went all out & made "Mickey-themed" desserts. There was even a Dole Whip machine!

It's a great day. I'm really looking forward to this year! Hope you decide to join us!

15. ADP

The planning committee met last night. We have some great plans for this year's meet. We hope to see you on Saturday, September 6th from 1 - 7PM.

16. ADP

17. carmelhp

carmelhp Mouseketeer

How much pin trading goes on? My 10 year old is an eager pin trader and I wondered how much to build this up for her, but we expect to attend regardless.

18. ADP

The amount of pin trading tends to vary. Some meets have been very active and some not so much. I'd suggest bringing only pins you'd wish to trade. We encourage trading. I know my daughter will bring some of hers to trade.

19. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

in the 'what are you bringing' category....

We plan to pick up some chicken fingers at Meijers. [There's still one nearby, right?]

20. ADP

Yes - Across highway 37. Very close by. Sounds great ! And thanks !

21. paigenevan3

After speaking with Teresa this weekend when she stopped by for the night on her trip... I have decided to rearrange my work schedule and I will see you all there :)