Indianapolis Disney Meet - 5th Annual - All Welcome!

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
Hi Everyone,

Last Labor Day weekend 2011 we held our 4th annual Indianapolis Disney meet. Approximately 110 Disney fans attended from as far as Ohio, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Illinois, Canada and all over Indiana.

Here is the link to last year's meet thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2700300

To look for additional Indianapolis Disney Meet updates be sure to like our Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/search.php?...arch_preload&search_first_focus=1313589411735

Our 5th Anniversary!
This will be our 5th Indianapolis Disney Meet. Over the years the meet has become more than just a chance for Disney enthusiasts to join together for a day of Disney fun. It has given us the opportunity to meet knew people who share our love for all things Disney. We've raised almost $9,000 for Give Kids the World. We feel very fortunate to be able to host an event like this so close to our home. For those of you who travel from so far away to attend the meet we really appreciate it and hope you will consider attending again this year. We have some exciting plans for this year's meet to celebrate our 5th year. More to come as we draw closer to Labor Day weekend.

The intent of the meet is to get to know other Disney enthusiasts like us and have some fun and laughs along the way. Like last year there will be no cost to attend this meet. We just ask that you bring a pitch-in food and/or drink item to share for the food table.

This meet is open to anyone willing to drive or even fly to the Indianapolis area. We'd love to have you join us. I'm hopeful to have several Hoosiers and other friends from other states join us in the Indianapolis area. If enough out-of-town guests join us we may have additional activities on the Friday night before the meet or the day after.

Please see below for meet information and details. Check this thread often for future details. We are planning an afternoon worth of fun Disney activities for kids and adults alike, prize drawings, contests and even some secret fun! :goodvibes We'll have more specific information the closer we get to Labor Day weekend.

Between now and Labor Day weekend I'll be updating this thread with meet information and attendees who will be joining us at the meet. Please post if you can attend the meet, how many guests will be joining your party including children and their ages. Even if you can't attend please post just to say hi!

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions feel free to post them here or send me a private message (PM).

We hope to see you at the meet!

Indianapolis Disney Meet Information
Date: Saturday, September 1st 2012
Time: 1:00PM - 6:00PM
Where: Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds - O.V. Winks Building
2003 Pleasant St
Noblesville, IN 46060-3627
Facility Information
http://www.hamiltoncofairgrounds.com/ovWinks.html
Directions to the Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Noblesville&state=IN&address=2003+Pleasant+Street&zipcode=46060
Food: Pitch-In Format. Please post what you can bring so we don't duplicate dishes. Feel free to bring dishes you'd find at Disney World restaurants

Travel Information
Hotel Information
cambria1.jpg

The Cambria Suites is the preferred hotel for the Indianapolis Disney Meet. Located 4 miles from the meet location the Cambria Suites is right across the street from the Hamilton Town Center shopping mall with convenient dining and other entertainment options. If we have enough demand for hotel rooms I'll reserve a block specifically for our meet.

Airport Information
The Indianapolis Internation Airport is located on the Southwest side of Indianapolis. The Indianapolis Disney meet is located on the Northeast side of Indianapolis. The two locations are in opposite corners of the city. A rental car is recommended unless you have other means of transportation around the city. Indianapolis does not have a mass-transit system. Please send me a message if you have questions about getting from the airport to the meet location.

Give Kids the World Village of Central Florida
The DIS is a contributor to Give Kids the World Village of Central Florida via the Power of 10 $1 Million dollar initiative. We will be conducting a few activities during the meet where the proceeds will go to benefit this wonderful charity on behalf of the DIS and the Power of 10.
To find out more about this wonderful organization click here.
http://www.gktw.org/
There will be some great auction items to bid on. Some of the items may draw high bids or require higher minimum bids. Please come prepared if you wish to bid on these items to benefit the Power of 10 initiative and Give Kids the World Village.

Kids Activities: (Looking for Adult Voluntears) :)
Face Painting
Disney Animation Drawing Class
Coloring
Hula Hoop
Kidcot Fun Stop - Duffy the Disney Bear edition
Please post additional ideas for kids activites

Pin Trading Activities
Please feel free to bring your Disney pins for pin trading opportunities. There will be a table setup for pin displaying and trading during the meet. Whether you are a casual or serious pin trader feel free to share and trade them with your fellow Disney enthusiasts.

Prizes
Like last year prizes will be awarded at the top of each hour. You must be present to win.

Attending the meet so far:
ADP - Aaron, Kim & Anna (12) - All paper products & beverages
KristEn87 - Kristen & Evan
mdvlprof - Jennifer +3
hellofolks - Stacy & Jason
Dan Murphy - Dan
scrappinDW - Pam, Brian & Linda
2crazegoofies - 2crazegoofies, DS5 & DS11
SamIam929 - Sally, DS, DBIL, & 4 Children
Farmland Fun Family - DH 39, DD 7, DD 5, DS 2
ColtGurl - ColtGurl
smjj - smjj & DW
NancyIL - Nancy
IndianaStitch
FairyGodmotherJen - Jen, Bryan, & 3 Kids
crazydisneyman - Chris, Kim, Jenny, Ginny, & Abby
jedspad - jedspad, 1 adult and grandchild (11)
indytarheel - indytarheel & 2 DS (6 & 8)
ceemys - ceemys, DD (13) & DD (4)
Stryker927 - Stryker927, DW, DS (13), DD (11), & DD (9)
reimero - reimero & DW
quigs3 - The Quigley's
abreynol - abreynol

Totat Number Attending = 64

Plan to be there. Are we likely to be at the same place again?

Will pick up chicken nuggets from Meijers.

Plan to be there. Are we likely to be at the same place again?

Will pick up chicken nuggets from Meijers.
Hi Jennifer -
I'm so glad you guys are coming again.
Yes, the plan is to have it in the same place, but until I know for sure I don't want to post it. I'll know for sure very soon.

my husband and I should be there :) please let us know if you need help planning/executing, we would love to help!

we should meet up sometime since we are in noblesville.

my husband and I should be there :) please let us know if you need help planning/executing, we would love to help!

we should meet up sometime since we are in noblesville.
Hey Stacy! That's great! Looking forward to seeing you there. :wizard:

Good to see a new thread, Aaron, for the new year. I should be there as always. Always nice seeing your whole family and everybody else. .

Good to see a new thread, Aaron, for the new year. I should be there as always. Always nice seeing your whole family and everybody else. .
Super Dan! Always good to see you. I'll pass along that you plan on attending to my folks. They'll be glad to hear it.

Hi Everyone,

I've updated the first post with travel information (hotel & airport info). If you have any questions about travel to Indianapolis please let me know.

Thanks!

I may need to check this out :)

It would be me & my two sons, age 5 and 11.

Im not sure what I would bring yet....

I may need to check this out :)

It would be me & my two sons, age 5 and 11.

Im not sure what I would bring yet....
Hi! That's super. I'll mark you down. There's a lot of time between now and the meet to decide what to bring. We can always use more hot foods and appetizers. Looking forward to meeting you.

Hi Everyone -

Our logo for the 5th annual Indianapolis Disney Meet is complete. Check it out! :)

We hope to see you there.

548052_3511545157009_1523290595_33121251_1927163131_n.jpg

Hi! This looks like fun. I told my sister about it (we are taking our families on a joint trip to WDW in October) and she says let's go! We'll bring the kids and her hubby so 3 adults and 4 kids. I'll check back in closer to the date to see what kind of food you will be needing.

Sally

Hi! This looks like fun. I told my sister about it (we are taking our families on a joint trip to WDW in October) and she says let's go! We'll bring the kids and her hubby so 3 adults and 4 kids. I'll check back in closer to the date to see what kind of food you will be needing.

Sally
Hi Sally,

That's terrific! It should be a lot of fun. I hope you have a lot of fun planning your October trip. That's a great month to be at Walt Disney World. Looking forward to meeting you. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live?

We've been planning this trip for over a year, so you can bet we're all excited! I live in Franklin, IN and my sister and her family recently moved from Omaha to Ft. Wayne, IN.

Posted on the other thread for this as well, but just in case....

You can count us in!!:cool1:
Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you and your family. I see you are headed to WDW soon. Have a great time! :)

We've been planning this trip for over a year, so you can bet we're all excited! I live in Franklin, IN and my sister and her family recently moved from Omaha to Ft. Wayne, IN.
That's great! Isn't it a lot of fun planning these trips. I see you are a little over 6 months....You can book ADRs soon. Woo!!! :)

This sounds like so much fun.:goodvibes I'm orignially from Sellersburg (southern part of IN right close to Louisville) We will probably be in Indy that weekend anyway for football and races. Sounds like something fun for me to do while DF is at drag races. Will be looking for further info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!