Indianapolis DIS Meet - 3rd Annual - All Welcome

It looks like DH and I will be able to attend! This is our first, so we're really looking forward to it. I'm thinking BBQ pulled pork with buns and a Texas sheet cake. Let me know if there's anything else you need us to bring! Can't wait to meet everyone! :goodvibes

It looks like DH and I will be able to attend! This is our first, so we're really looking forward to it. I'm thinking BBQ pulled pork with buns and a Texas sheet cake. Let me know if there's anything else you need us to bring! Can't wait to meet everyone! :goodvibes
That sounds terrific. There's really nothing else to bring except yourselves. See you on Sept. 4th. :)

Looks like I will be there too! Not sure what I am bring besides my children. Hallie is 8 and Tyson is 4.
That's great to hear Becky....Looking forward to seeing you again. Anna will be happy to know Hallie is coming. :)

Ok, all you locals, Dh and I are going to be at the meet (DH signed up) but we're running a 1/2 marathon that morning and we need a good restaurant for Friday night. Preferably with some pasta and some vegetarian choices. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Rose

Checking in and reporting for duty!! :thumbsup2
Hi Shelly! :wave:

Ok, all you locals, Dh and I are going to be at the meet (DH signed up) but we're running a 1/2 marathon that morning and we need a good restaurant for Friday night. Preferably with some pasta and some vegetarian choices. Any ideas?
Thanks!
Rose
Hi Rose,
I'm not exactly sure where you are staying, but the Old Spaghetti Factory in downtown Indianapolis would be a good choice.
http://www.osf.com/menu/location-menus/indianapolis.htm

Hi Everyone,

The meet is just around the corner and I wanted to give everyone a quick update on what's happening.

- The format for this year's meet will be similar to last year. There will be another silent auction with Disney themed merchandise and other Orlando related items. All of the proceeds will be donated to Give Kids the World Village or Central Florida. http://www.gktw.org/
If anyone wishes to donate merchandise for the silent auction please PM me and let me know. It looks like this years auction will not be as large as last year, but it will be fun with the merchandise we currently have in place.

- Like last year we will be holding a 50/50 raffle with the proceeds going to Give Kids the World.

- Once again there will be prizes. Probably the toughest part of putting this meet together is collecting prizes. I've received prize donations from various sources, but the toughest part is convincing or explaining to them what the meet is all about. Once they understand they usually contribute something. There's also a small budget I set aside from the previous year's meet to purchase additional prizes. The same holds true for this year. Prizes will be awarded at the top of each hour starting at 2:00PM going until 6:00PM. You will need to be present to win.

- Kids activities will take place throughout the meet in a separate section of the hall. If anyone wishes to volunteer with assisting in the kids activities please let me know. Please feel free to bring additional games if you feel they are appropriate for a large group. Large group or board games are encouraged. Just let me know what you plan to bring to the meet.

- Just so everyone knows there is a kitchen in the back of the hall. I usually take up most of the refrigerator with drinks, but if you need to keep something cold there will be a little space just in case. There's also a microwave, sink and stove.

- As I mentioned before, there is a Super Wal-Mart and Meijer next door and across the street from the hall. If you need any last minute items or just want to pick something up for everyone to enjoy it's very convenient.

- The food for the meet is a pitch-in format. Please let me know ASAP what you are bringing so I can update post #1. We don't want to repeat too many food items. We also encourage dishes you may find at Walt Disney World. My contribution are all drinks, paper products like plates, napkins, plasticware, and cups so you won't need to worry about any of those items.

We are all looking forward to seeing one another. It's not often we get to see everyone so this meet should be pretty special. I know some of you are coming from out of state or have a long drive to get to Indy. If there is anything I can do to help please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Thanks!
Rose

Hey Rose! :goodvibes Are you staying near Morse? There are two great Italian rest in Noblesville - Matteo's is on the square and Michaelangelo's is just past it. A little farther north off of 465 at Keystone and the Crossing is Maggiano's - very good!

Hope that helps!

Thanks ADP and Jennifer!:goodvibes
We are staying at the Farifield Inn near Noblesville. We're still debating going to see the Indians play our team--the Bats on Friday night, so if we do that, we might head to the Spaghetti Factory, if not one of the other Italian restaurants should work!

Thanks for putting this together, ADP! We're really looking forward to it! Just hoping for some cooler weather. We are 2 hours or so south of you all and it is HOT down here.

Okay...I just wanted to throw something out there about the meet. Here's a clue...And hopefully the ladies attending the meet will figure this one out.

We will be getting a visit from Peter and Frederic. :)

Okay...I just wanted to throw something out there about the meet. Here's a clue...And hopefully the ladies attending the meet will figure this one out.

We will be getting a visit from Peter and Frederic. :)

I have no idea! Do you have another clue?

Thanks!
Rose

If you like Olive Garden there is one across from the outdoor mall in town. It gets kind of busy on Friday nights though. I am not a vegetarian so I wouldn't know about their choices for this but I believe they have some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter