Indiana Jones Themed Restaurant Coming to Disney Springs - The Hangar

I am super excited for this. Anything Disney themed drinking really. I love Trader Sams here in Cali. Is there any word if this will be open by time my trip comes in late September?

I don't get the excitement. Maybe it's me. Jock Lindsay? o_O Why not go all out with an Indiana Jones theme?
And... it's not like DTD 'needs' more eateries. It doesn't.

I don't get the excitement. Maybe it's me. Jock Lindsay? o_O Why not go all out with an Indiana Jones theme?
And... it's not like DTD 'needs' more eateries. It doesn't.
This is more of a bar than eatery. DTD lost that adult entertainment and bar section when they closed pleasure island the landing is supposed to try and bring some of that back.

This is more of a bar than eatery. DTD lost that adult entertainment and bar section when they closed pleasure island the landing is supposed to try and bring some of that back.

it's too bad they couldn't make it a whole "club" full of "adventurers" or something, I bet that would be popular.

it's too bad they couldn't make it a whole "club" full of "adventurers" or something, I bet that would be popular.
The adventurers club has a cult following of fans but doesn't go much farther than that. Pieces have sprinkled into trader Sams and I'm sure some small artifacts will show up in jocks.

Indy inspired not really Indy themed . . . . . . .

Yeah, this seems like an after-thought to me.

NOTE: The following is just my opinion, but it comes from an engineering lead working for a 'Fortune 10' corporate bureaucratic nightmare (ie think Disney)

I'm pretty sure Disney was already planning a self-owned small eatery among all the 3rd party Disney Springs establishments. Rumors of the 'hangar' theme and structure have been around for a while. I think the original theme was for a vintage themed aeronautical restaurant/bar to go along with the vintage 'Springs/Boathouse' styling ...

THEN TRADER SAM'S POLY HAPPENED

After the crazy buzz Trader Sam's 'east' has seen ... alcohol makes huge margin $$$! ... WDW realized they are on to something. The problem is that Trader Sam's is too small to meet the current (perceived ??) demand. What would be the quickest way to capitalize on what's being seen at Trader's Sam's ???

QUICK ... Convert the Disney Springs 'Hangar' concept into a slightly larger Trader Sam's type concept. It didn't take Disney long to erect the REBEL HANGAR concept with a few Lucasfilm/ILM props. If they added just a couple months to the Springs Hangar project along with some more Lucasfilm props, they could turn the 'Hangar' into an Indiana Jones theme ... and now more of a bar than a restaurant due to the margin/profits with alcohol and table turnover.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Rebel Hangar and Jock's Hanger are popping up around the same time

Quickly conceived? ... probably. But still smart business to strike while the iron is hot, and why the idea may not be fully fleshed out.

In any event, I LOVED the Adventurer's Club, and I'm looking for to visiting Trader Sam's 'east' in October, and hoping that Jock's will be open when I visit in late October ... Yes, I'm excited to hit an Indy inspired drinkery, and if open when I'm down in October, I invite others to join me for a drink (or 2 or 3+)

NOTE: The following is just my opinion, but it comes from an engineering lead working for a 'Fortune 10' corporate bureaucratic nightmare (ie think Disney)

I'm pretty sure Disney was already planning a self-owned small eatery among all the 3rd party Disney Springs establishments. Rumors of the 'hangar' theme and structure have been around for a while. I think the original theme was for a vintage themed aeronautical restaurant/bar to go along with the vintage 'Springs/Boathouse' styling ...

THEN TRADER SAM'S POLY HAPPENED

After the crazy buzz Trader Sam's 'east' has seen ... alcohol makes huge margin $$$! ... WDW realized they are on to something. The problem is that Trader Sam's is too small to meet the current (perceived ??) demand. What would be the quickest way to capitalize on what's being seen at Trader's Sam's ???

QUICK ... Convert the Disney Springs 'Hangar' concept into a slightly larger Trader Sam's type concept. It didn't take Disney long to erect the REBEL HANGAR concept with a few Lucasfilm/ILM props. If they added just a couple months to the Springs Hangar project along with some more Lucasfilm props, they could turn the 'Hangar' into an Indiana Jones theme ... and now more of a bar than a restaurant due to the margin/profits with alcohol and table turnover.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the Rebel Hangar and Jock's Hanger are popping up around the same time

Quickly conceived? ... probably. But still smart business to strike while the iron is hot, and why the idea may not be fully fleshed out.

In any event, I LOVED the Adventurer's Club, and I'm looking for to visiting Trader Sam's 'east' in October, and hoping that Jock's will be open when I visit in late October ... Yes, I'm excited to hit an Indy inspired drinkery, and if open when I'm down in October, I invite others to join me for a drink (or 2 or 3+)
I think you hit the nail on the head. These small bars are a success.

You know...since the dust has settled...I feel like I can let this out:

The adventures club had all of about 100 people in there when it was "packed" and I noticed over many visits that it seems like the people where watching the schtick...including the bar tenders most of the time.

Long story short...absolutely great showpiece...but it never looked like a profitable idea.

And then I looked up who the designer was...somebody who put the theme above the practicality of the business side...

And guess who it was?

You know...since the dust has settled...I feel like I can let this out:

The adventures club had all of about 100 people in there when it was "packed" and I noticed over many visits that it seems like the people where watching the schtick...including the bar tenders most of the time.

Long story short...absolutely great showpiece...but it never looked like a profitable idea.

And then I looked up who the designer was...somebody who put the theme above the practicality of the business side...

And guess who it was?

Joe Rohde.....

Yeah, I get that. Alcohol = revenue. And there are plenty of places to drink in Disney. I just meant I don't get all the excitement over the theme. The idea seems lazy to me. Just my take on it, that's all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter