Indiana Jones Ride

BossBrody

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a long trip to WDW and I wanted to share a rumor we heard.

We we're returning from MGM on a Friendship after watching Fantasmic. Very good show. The cast member driving the boat was asking trivia questions and asking about everyone's day at the park over the loud speaker.

He then asked if everyone saw the Indiana Jones Stunt show. Then explained that he had asked because in the near future the show is closing and they're bringing the Indiana Jones ride to MGM to replace it. Of course the boatload of people applauded!

I was a bit stunned that he would announce it like that over the PA system. I, of course, read the Dis site religiously and remember reading the rumor there but nothing recent. So once the boat docked and people began to disembark I went over to him and asked if this had been officially announced. He said no but he got the info from friends working over there.

I have never ridden the ride but most people seem to love it. We took plenty of pictures when we attended another Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular just in case.
Guess it makes sense if MGM is opening the new Auto Stunt show to replace the exsisting stunt show with something else. But I don't believe that the new stunt show opens any time soon. (2004?) I wouldn't think they would close Indy until the new show opens.

In closing, the Indiana show was packed both times we saw it.

I haven't seen the stunt show, but I LOVE the Indiana Jones ride! I would be thrilled if they brought it to WDW! ::MickeyMo

Indy was my favorite ride in Disneyland and I hope they build one in the World, because I have no intentions of going back to California again.

DH and I just got back from a trip to Disneyland and loved the Indaian Jones ride. I'd love to see it at WDW - as long as the walk to the actual ride from the entrance isn't a mile long (or what seems to be) like it is in California. (I don't think I've ever been to the stunt show.)

I think a more reliable rumor has the show closing and being reopened as a Kim Possible show.

I didn't hear this from a bus or boat driver. It came straight from the guys with the little brooms and dustpans.

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
I didn't hear this from a bus or boat driver. It came straight from the guys with the little brooms and dustpans.

:) Now if you had said the ice cream guy, I would just have called it Gospel and that would have been the end of it.

I think those Hoover guys outrank the old manual labor sweepers anyway. All three of them ;)

Now I do love the Indy ride and think it is one of the all time best disney attractions, they still shouldnt give wdw a clone of this ride!!!!!
They could use Indy for the theme and the same ride mechanism, but wdw needs a unqiue ride and needs to stop the attack of the cloned rides!!!!!!!!!!

Bob's keyboard is getting worse and worse. It used to be three exclamation marks, now he's up to 10!!!!!!!!!!

Bob, I misread your post a bit. Tokyo also has the Indy ride but it is different in some respects although the track layout is pretty similar if not exact. There are variations in most of the "clones" but I suppose they like to go with their best ideas. You just hope that the next generation is an improvement (as is the case with Paris' Pirates). Since most people will not get to L.A. or Tokyo I think it's okay to bring rides to Florida. Now I don't have to go all the way out there just to see Soarin, although I've already seen the car stunt show.

a.) This rumor has been circulating since the beginning of the internet.
b.) Disney shows no signs of doing this
c.) No room
d.) It would be a stupid idea to move the biggest ride at DL to WDW, I mean, that's why most people go to DL, to ride THAT ride. Frankly, do we need another thrill ride in MGM?

I have ridden Dinosaur and Indy Jones at DL and while the ride mechanics are similar, nothing else is similiar as one is one of the best rides ever made-Indy, and Dinosaur is medicore and a insult to have it in the same paragraph as Indy!!!!!!!!!!
Now use the same ride mechanic's is fine, just make the attraction top notch and not a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And i love exclamation marks to make a point and sometimes not even 10 is enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(lol)\
Testtrack, we need many more thrill rides at MGM and all of disney parks. Right now MGM only has one thrill ride, TOT!!!
RNRC is a ok coaster, but no thrill ride!!!!!

I consider anything my Dad won't go on a thrill ride:

TZTOR, RnRC, Star Tours
Test Track, Maelstrom (I think Mission: Space will qualify),
Body Wars
All the Mountains
Dinosaur, Kali, and the Dinorama stuff

I'm probably missing a couple. Basically, anything that moves. :)

Testtrack, What is the fraud about????????????

Well, you went all impropper on me and such. Like using '!!!!!1!!!' and other things. Oh well, I guess not, it just wasn't like you.

Test-track i didnt mean to insult you or be improper!!!
Its just my lack of proofreading posts and lousy typying skills.
So i hope no offense was taken and none was meant towards you and im sorry if it came out wrong!!

That's cool, because sometimes when people start to post like that and stuff, they become 'trolls' and such. No offense Bob O.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts