Independence Air now flying into Orlando

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Pigsty333, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Pigsty333

Pigsty333 I get censored all the time

Check out www.flyi.com and check it out. Its another market into Orlando.

By the way, recheck your fares. Some airlines have discounted theirs and I called Jetblue - our original fares for 9/1 were $175 r/t and they went down so we got a refund and rebooked for $135.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. travelbug

travelbug DIS Veteran

Hey, pigsty333, I had heard this and tried the Independence Air website a couple times today and again just now. Orlando is not showing up as one of the destination choices. :( Think it's too soon? I'd love to start checking rates from Detroit. :D

4. canwegosoon

canwegosoon DIS Veteran

That's good news for some...they are still not flying from Albany, NY ot MCO, but I'm hoping they add more routes.

5. maciec

maciec AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

According to their webste they don't start flying in MCO until October 13th

6. travelbug

travelbug DIS Veteran

I wonder how people are supposed to book flights to MCO for Oct. 13 or after, when Orlando isn't yet on their list of destination cities. :confused:

7. disneyjunkie

disneyjunkie I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

They only fly to MCO from 3 airports, Columbia, SC, Washington DC, and Knoxville.

I flew with them this weekend and asked if they were going to offer service to MCO from the northeast and no one knew.

8. Leota

Leota DIS Veteran

Since they aren't flying into Orlando from here, it hasn't affected the other airlines rates..... :(
    Oh well - maybe for next trip!

9. drewc

drewc Mouseketeer

I checked also for Albany to Orlando and couldn't find it. I can understand that they might not have a direct flight, but they do fly to D.C. from Albany, so why not display it as a connecting flight? Like every other hub and spoke airline.

Maybe they just haven't added all the new possible routes yet. I'll check back later.

10. ValerieK

ValerieK DIS Veteran

I got excited when I saw this and checked the flights from IAD to MCO. There is no direct flight yet. We have to change planes in Columbia. It would cost $119 each way for a Dec trip. :(