Indecision & Obsession! A Sept. PTR with a toddler for DxDP, MNSSHP, and F&W!

Hi!! I found your PTR on someone else's PTR! I saw that you mentioned you lived in TN. I live in a suburb of Memphis! Where do you live? I also noticed that 2 of your other readers are from TN, too!! Hi ladies!! :wave2: We leave for WDW in 11 days!! We can't wait!!

:wave: neighbor! We're about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs. from Memphis in Dyer County. We come down to Germantown for DD's ENT and to Collierville (too much :laughing:) to go to Portrait Innovations. We love that place! You are so close to your trip! How exciting!!! I'm headed over to your PTR now! :goodvibes

Happy Birthday DD!

Hey mama...don't forget to change the age of her princess.

Mini Golf. We like Winter Summerland the best. I'm pretty sure there are tons of pics in trip report #1 of mine. Oh and there are some from last Summer too. Check those out.

Now...where's those birthday pics? Do share! :cutie:

Thanks!! She was so cute yesterday... every time I said or sang "Happy Birthday" she said "Happy Burday" It was precious! :cutie: Last night we had a small cake for her, just the three of us. This weekend is one of her Finding Nemo parties, and at the end of the month we'll have another when we vistit home! I'm going to have to head back to your TR and look at the pics of Winter Summerland. That's the one I really want to do. Too bad Disney doesn't give a free voucher for everyone rather than one per ressie! :rotfl: It'll never happen!

:wave: neighbor! We're about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs. from Memphis in Dyer County. We come down to Germantown for DD's ENT and to Collierville (too much :laughing:) to go to Portrait Innovations. We love that place! You are so close to your trip! How exciting!!! I'm headed over to your PTR now! :goodvibes

No way!! You ARE super-close to us!! We live in Arlington--not too far from Collierville or G-town. We LOVE the Portrait Innovations out there--I take the girls there often!! BTW--your little girl is ADORABLE!! Yes, we are so excited--we leave in 10 days! This will be my girls first trip and I haven't been since 1994!! princess:

No way!! You ARE super-close to us!! We live in Arlington--not too far from Collierville or G-town. We LOVE the Portrait Innovations out there--I take the girls there often!! BTW--your little girl is ADORABLE!! Yes, we are so excited--we leave in 10 days! This will be my girls first trip and I haven't been since 1994!! princess:

That's so cool! We just moved to TN last January, and I still don't know my way around too well! Thank goodness for the GPS! :rotfl:

Well, after some recommendations from Mommy2LittleVols, I ordered the Unofficial Guide from Amazon! I can't wait until it gets here so I can sign up on the website and add to my obsession and indecision! Having all the recommendations will definitely do that to me, but it'll be so worth it! Does anyone have any other book recommendations? There was one about "Disney with preschoolers" or something to that affect. Has anyone read it? :confused3 We received our planning pack from Disney the other day... It's always so nice to see something from Disney in the mailbox! :goodvibes

I read Passporters too. I only had time to read about half of the UG. It's good, but it really talks about their touring plans alot and that part I didn;t like, becuase for us, they would never work. There is no way for us to make it there at rope drop. And we like EMH's which it says to avoid. So just keep things in mind when you read it. It has alot of great info, and you can enjoy yourself, even if you dont't follow thier plans.

We received our planning pack from Disney the other day... It's always so nice to see something from Disney in the mailbox! :goodvibes

Hi!! Loving your plans so far!! And its okay to be indecisive!!! I'm sure we all get like that!!

By the way, when did you reserve your trip? I am just dying to get something in the mail and my trip is about 2 weeks before you and I haven't gotten a thing!! I made my reservations on 4/13....when did you make yours?

I know right? They could afford to do one for each person if they wanted! :rolleyes: That's how they make the money though. They lure you in w/ one freebie then you pay for the rest.

Well, after some recommendations from Mommy2LittleVols, I ordered the Unofficial Guide from Amazon! I can't wait until it gets here so I can sign up on the website and add to my obsession and indecision! Having all the recommendations will definitely do that to me, but it'll be so worth it! Does anyone have any other book recommendations? There was one about "Disney with preschoolers" or something to that affect. Has anyone read it? :confused3 We received our planning pack from Disney the other day... It's always so nice to see something from Disney in the mailbox! :goodvibes

I LOVE the Unofficial Guide as well!! I have several other books that I've read and I like them all. Check them out:
017-1.jpg

I read Passporters too. I only had time to read about half of the UG. It's good, but it really talks about their touring plans alot and that part I didn;t like, becuase for us, they would never work. There is no way for us to make it there at rope drop. And we like EMH's which it says to avoid. So just keep things in mind when you read it. It has alot of great info, and you can enjoy yourself, even if you dont't follow thier plans.

Thanks! I think I'd like to hit EMH's even though they say to avoid them. We were able to get a good bit done last Sept. with EMH's even if it's just walking around soaking it all in...

Hi!! Loving your plans so far!! And its okay to be indecisive!!! I'm sure we all get like that!!

By the way, when did you reserve your trip? I am just dying to get something in the mail and my trip is about 2 weeks before you and I haven't gotten a thing!! I made my reservations on 4/13....when did you make yours?

:wave: Thanks for stopping by! I think I booked my trip around April 5th... I booked online too, if that makes any difference or not! :goodvibes

I know right? They could afford to do one for each person if they wanted! :rolleyes: That's how they make the money though. They lure you in w/ one freebie then you pay for the rest.

Gee, Disney is good at marketing? who would have thunk it! :rolleyes:

I LOVE the Unofficial Guide as well!! I have several other books that I've read and I like them all. Check them out:
017-1.jpg

You've been busy reading! :laughing: I can absolutely see buying and reading Disney World books will be a new obsession. It'll at least help pass the time until the trip! I'd like to get some books about the secret or unknown facts about the world.... I think that would be fun to bring up to my husband on vacation. Then he'd say I was addicted! :rotfl:

017-1.jpg

You've been really busy huh??? LOL

We have the Unofficial Guide 2009 and the Walt Disney World with Kids 2008. Oh yea and some website called the DIS... ever hear of it?:confused3

I love the books too. I got Passporters 2009 for the WDW and 2008 for the cruise line. I have old Birnbuams, but don't buy them any more becuase I find alot of info in them wrong, but my sister bought this years. I did buy Birnbaums for kids 2009 for Claire though, becuase she loves to look at the pictures. I have a couple of triva books too, but have only read part of 1. I'm on here too much to sit down and read a book half the time. LOL!

We have the Unofficial Guide 2009 and the Walt Disney World with Kids 2008. Oh yea and some website called the DIS... ever hear of it?:confused3

Yeah--I love to read, though and I'm one of those that has to know as much as I possibly can about everything. Yes, I'm a big dork!! :rotfl:

The DIS? Is it a new website? I've never heard of it... I'll have to check it out! I bet I'll spend way too much time on it! :rolleyes1

I love the books too. I got Passporters 2009 for the WDW and 2008 for the cruise line. I have old Birnbuams, but don't buy them any more becuase I find alot of info in them wrong, but my sister bought this years. I did buy Birnbaums for kids 2009 for Claire though, becuase she loves to look at the pictures. I have a couple of triva books too, but have only read part of 1. I'm on here too much to sit down and read a book half the time. LOL!

I agree! I'll have to cut out some DIS time to read... Not sure if I can do that! :rotfl:

Yeah--I love to read, though and I'm one of those that has to know as much as I possibly can about everything. Yes, I'm a big dork!! :rotfl:

It's cool! I love learning about Disney... the details, stories, etc... never seem to end!

We had DD's birthday party today... She loved her Nemo "cakey" and eating ice cream. I was able to get a few shots in the Cindrella dress, but then it was off to the Tricycle! She loved it, and I was suprised how well she did riding it--I thought she'd be too weak to pedal it! :lmao: I'll get pics up sometime soon! Tomorrow DH and I are going to go to Six Flags. We decided to buy season passes and make some day or overnight trips once in a while. It's no Disney World, but it'll help pass the time until Sept! I hope everyone has a
Happy Mother's Day!!!

Glad the party went well and she loved her tricycle! I'm so jealous of your Six Flags APs! We live 45 mins from Dollywood and I can't even convince DH to go there once. :rolleyes: He's not a big theme park person, unfortunately.

Looking forward to pics of your little ones bday party! Are you guys from NJ? Whenever I hear six-flags GA I think NJ.. lol!

Thanks! I am so mad though, the bakery waited until about 45 minutes before I was to pick up the cake to call and say that "they were out." WTH? So no Cinderella cake! :sad1:Thank goodness this wasn't for a party! I ended up taking her and letting her pick out one of the little premade cakes to eat after dinner. I'm really upset about the Cindrella cake though--she would have loved it! Is your DD into the princesses too?

:wave: Thanks for coming over! I agree that I think we'll just pay OOP. If we upgraded, I'd be determined to use it to its fullest! I wouldn't be doing anything but eating. I think we'd get too tired of the apps, entree, and dessert. We usually only ever order an entree, so dessert is a little hard to get through! :laughing: I added up what OOP would cost vs. upgrading (knowing what I would order and assuming DH would order the most exensive entrees :lmao:) and we would definitely save! Not to mention on tips! :banana:

hi!! :wave: I'm definitely thinking that Playhouse Disney on Stage is a must-do! She loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny! Since we have to do the rider swap, last year I took her on rides while DH was riding (Astro Orbiter while he was on Space, Living with the Land while he was on Soari'). It really helped pass the time. We also got her lots of treats--Mickey ice cream, itzakadoodles (sp?) and frozen drinks. She was in Heaven! :rotfl: I forgot about the Honey I Shrunk the Kid playground-she'd like that! It was closed when we were there last year.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! You've convinced me to order the Unofficial Guide! It'll add to my obessiveness and indecisiveness! You've decided NOT to do MNSSHP, right? I go from "I'm not going to do it" to "What can we dress up in?" I just can't decide! DH is totally against it though. He thinks as much as regular tickets cost, the party should be free! :laughing:

Sorry I'm so late in my reply. Yes - my DD is very into the princesses. She loves to dress up so. She is finally old enough for BBB so that is what I am most excited about for our upcoming trip. I can't believe they didn't have the cinderella cake. I would have been mad, too.

Glad the trike was a success!
Thanks! Unfortunately, she hasn't been back to ride it, as she's teething-- I think all the 2 year old molars are coming in at once!:eek:

Glad the party went well and she loved her tricycle! I'm so jealous of your Six Flags APs! We live 45 mins from Dollywood and I can't even convince DH to go there once. :rolleyes: He's not a big theme park person, unfortunately.
Thanks!! We had a lot of fun at Six Flags. It was the first time DH and I had a day to ourselves in a looooooong time! We'll be our family back in WV later this month and plan on going to the Six Flags Baltimore/Washington DC area. That's the good thing--the season pass is good at like all parks around the country! :woohoo:

Looking forward to pics of your little ones bday party! Are you guys from NJ? Whenever I hear six-flags GA I think NJ.. lol!
Hey! I hope to get the pics up soon! DD is getting her 2 year old molars and I barely have time to wash dishes--she's so clingy. :sad1: We live in TN and went to the Six Flags in St. Louis. I think I was at the one in NJ like in 1998! :rotfl:

Sorry I'm so late in my reply. Yes - my DD is very into the princesses. She loves to dress up so. She is finally old enough for BBB so that is what I am most excited about for our upcoming trip. I can't believe they didn't have the cinderella cake. I would have been mad, too.
Hey! I would love to take DD to BBB, but she won't be old enough yet. Besides, she doesn't have much hair to work with either! :lmao: I was so upset about the cake--she would have loved it. The Nemo cake was enough for her though! She loves her Nemo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter