Incorrect dues statement

skierrob

Mouseketeer
Just got a dues statement in the mail last night for 2016 for 25 points that I had added on direct about a month ago.

My original purchase was 30 points via resale.

The statement shows it is for 25 points and has the correct price at the end of the "total annual dues" portion. My name and address is on the statement. But the contract number is incorrect and shows a total "amount due" of $1,700.

Unfortunately, I can't chat with DVC Accounting until Tuesday due to the holiday weekend. :(

Anyone else see any incorrect statements? Any idea what to do?

FYI - If I log in online I do NOT see this statement OR contract number and instead see that I only have about $150 to pay for the new points.

Robert

I had an incorrect dues statement way back with a BLT add on, but not like yours. Mine was an incorrect calculation. It sounds like something was input incorrectly on that statement that was generated and that it isn't your liability. Whoever was inputing information may not have cleared all fields so someone else's contract info was input with your name. Mine was easy to straighten out as I suspect yours will be since $1700 in dues on 25 points is without a doubt incorrect. Since it's not online you might find that they have already corrected but the statement was generated prior to the correction.

Just got a dues statement in the mail last night for 2016 for 25 points that I had added on direct about a month ago.

My original purchase was 30 points via resale.

The statement shows it is for 25 points and has the correct price at the end of the "total annual dues" portion. My name and address is on the statement. But the contract number is incorrect and shows a total "amount due" of $1,700.

Unfortunately, I can't chat with DVC Accounting until Tuesday due to the holiday weekend. :(

Anyone else see any incorrect statements? Any idea what to do?

FYI - If I log in online I do NOT see this statement OR contract number and instead see that I only have about $150 to pay for the new points.

Robert
So it sounds like the amount online is correct? Then I'd be paying that tonight. Late fees set in tomorrow, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

So it sounds like the amount online is correct? Then I'd be paying that tonight. Late fees set in tomorrow, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Since the add on was just in the past month or so the dues will have a different due date than the annual date for owners prior to Jan 1st.

Spoke with member accounting. The other contract is for someone in a different state with the same first name as mine but a different last name. The person didn't explain it too well, but somehow our accounts had become partially "confused" with each other and my add-on was listed under that person's contract from a dues standpoint and my dues were showing that person's dues as well. Allegedly everything has been fixed and I'm to ignore the dues statement. Very odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter