Inconsistencies with Dining Plan

Tiggers&Springs

Earning My Ears
Just back, and wanted to share some experiences with the dining plan. Overall it was a great value for us, and the food was quite good. Only problems came up as follows:

We had bought CS lunch for our daughter out-of-pocket or she shared ours (age 3 -- doesn't eat much) several times, so we could use the CS credit at breakfast. Others here had reported using their CS for breakfast to include fruit or a bakery item as the dessert, plus something like a Mickey waffle (mmmm), and a drink. We did this a couple times at the Mara with no problem. Then they told us no, you can't get fruit or donut with it, just the drink. This was a bit odd because you figure the overall breakfast cost is less than lunch, right? We even spoke to the manager and she insisted. I don't totally blame 'em for this, because the literature doesn't even talk about breakfast at all. It would probably help everyone -- CMs and guests alike -- if they spelled this out clearly.

The other problem we had was with snacks. They recently added apple juice as a snack item instead of soda, along with a piece of fruit and bag of chips. Again, the Mara wouldn't let us have the juice -- they knew about the chips and fruit, but apparently not the juice.

Overall we were happy with the plan, though. We didn't use many of the snack credits and ended up using 7 for the plane ride home to get water and fruit. If you're a big bottled water drinker, though, you'll probably be quite happy! I was definitely wishing they had included the frozen lemonade as a snack, sigh...

Thanks for the update! I don't think breakfast without the fruit or "extra little something" is worth it.

Thanks for the heads up! :goodvibes

--penny

We got fruit or danish for dessert with breakfast everytime we used it a last week. So you did get ripped off on that portion of it. We ate alot of Ice Cream with our Snacks DD4 could not get enough itsakadoozies and Mickey Bars

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter