In your opinion, which resort would be better, CBR, CSR or Port Orleans, Riverside

momof3disneyboys

Earning My Ears
I wanted to get opinions...We are traveling with a 9, 7 and 2 year old, all boys, we have previously stayed at Riverside and loved it, especially the fact that they had a trundle bed, and we loved the quick service food there, it was awesome, lots of choices. My boys are huge pirate fans, so that's why we are considering the CBR and the pirate rooms, however, they do not have a trundle, but I know I can request a crib for the 2 year old, and the new pools look awesome. We've been looking at the Coronado Springs resort and it looks beautiful, I'm just reading though that it's maybe more for adults? It has the convention center and all? We've also stayed at a few of the deluxe resorts in the past, but for no more than we are actually in our room, we like the moderate just as well, they serve our needs just as well. If any of you have stayed at couple of the 3 I listed I would value your comparison! Thank you!

I have been to all of the moderates, and CBR is my favorite. I would definitely think CBR would be the favorite of most kids that age too! The main pool was just recently renovated, like you mentioned, there are now pirate and nemo rooms, plus the whole place just has such a bright, tropical feel to it. That would definitely be my recommendation for your family.

If you liked Riverside, though, I don't think it would be bad choice to return there either. If you already know you like somewhere, you could always stay there again and not have to worry about a new resort. I do think that CBR would be a better choice though. I would avoid CSR--- In my opinion, there is just none of that Disney feel there. Plus I would imagine the Pepper Market would be a major inconvenience with kids. The food court setup at CBR is much simpler. The CM's at CSR were terrible when we visited too.

Good luck with your decision and have a great trip!

I have two boys & we are staying in the new Pirate Room at CBR. pirate:

I think they are going to love it! It's a surprise.

We have stayed at POR & I did like it, although I liked POFQ better, because it is smaller.

I think it just comes down to your sleeping arrangements. Which do you want, the trundle or the crib?

Happy planning! & Have a great week! :banana: :banana:

For the ages of your kids I would consider POR (for the trundle and food court) and CBR because of the main pool. If not for the 16 year old we would be staying at CBR over Christmas because my youngest DS8 is a huge Pirates fan. :goodvibes

We just got back on Friday from our first stay at CBR and we LOVED it!! The pool was amazing...my kids couldn't wait to get in it every day! They also enjoyed the Islands Kids Adventure Cruise that they have at the marina on CBR grounds. We stayed in Martinique and the location was perfect!! Good food, great bus service, pretty grounds, very nice place! I would highly recommend CBR!

We've only stayed at Coronado. POFQ would be next on our list if we couldn't get into the Coronado. We have no desire to stay at the other two at all. The CSR is our favorite resort of all Disney resorts we've stayed at (AKL is the only one we still really want to try). They now have queen beds; and they have a great main pool/slide and three quiet pools, kiddie pool, playground, etc.

That being said, with the group your size, I think the POR might be a good fit with the trundle bed. Our oldest son is staying at the CBR in July (not by his choice--it was his girlfriend's choice), but I know that being 23, the whole pirate thing does not appeal to him at all nor his baseball players who are 13 and 14. But it might appeal to your kids and their ages.

I suggest you look at pictures of all of the resorts and what they offer, etc., and see which one appeals to you the most.

I just returned from CBR and loved it, but my first choice with a 2 year old would be POFQ. It's smaller and when you're carrying a sleeping little one off the bus, the size of FQ would be so much nicer! My 2nd choice would be CBR.

We have stayed at CBR, POFQ, and CSR. CBR is by far our family favorite. (although we haven't tried POR yet) With your boys ages I would definitely say to go with CBR! My boys don't want to stay anywhere else! :goodvibes

DH and I love the relaxing tropical feel of CBR. The bus service is great and so are the CM's. The rooms are slightly larger than the other moderates and the double sink in the bathroom is very helpful in the mornings. The kids love the lake, and the beaches, and the playgrounds, and the overall theme of CBR. And the new pools can't be beat! They also enjoyed the pirate cruise that CBR offers for kids 3 days a week. pirate:

Good luck deciding and have a great trip!

We were at CSR over February break with our teenage daughters. It was a great place for us - very quiet and peaceful. We had a wonderful time.

That said, I'm not sure how comfortable I would be there with 3 young children. First of all, there were not that many kids there, and as I said, it was February break. Secondly, CSR just has a serene feel to it - I think small children might feel stifled. My girls really loved it, though (ages 13 and 15).

I haven't stayed at the others, but if I had younger kids, I think a Pirate room sounds great!

Hi, I was just wondering, did you make reservations for the Island of Adventure Pirate Cruise before you went or can you do this when you get there?

Hi, I was just wondering, did you make reservations for the Island of Adventure Pirate Cruise before you went or can you do this when you get there?

You could probably try to get a reservation when you are there, but it's possible that they could be all booked up. You can call the dining line and make reservations in advance. I just made them right along with all my ADR's. They take a credit card number to hold it and give you a confirmation number.

Without a doubt, POR!!! Great food area with lots of choices for the entire family, and beautiful grounds to walk around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter