In Training: Marathon Weekend 2015 (Dopey Challenge)! **COMPLETE**

Week 5 of 10-miler Pre-Training
Monday, February 10, 2014 - Sunday, February 6, 2014

13 miles complete/14.5 miles planned
41 miles completed in 10-miler Pre-Training
51 miles completed in 2014 so far

Monday, February 10: Run #1 (3 miles planned, 1.5 miles completed)
Good news - this was the day my neck finally felt 100% better! :thumbsup2
Bad news - Will got hit with some stomach issues in the middle of the night and had to stay home from work. Meanwhile my stomach had been bothering me ever since our BW3 night, and in the middle of my run it totally intensified. I stopped in my tracks right about the 1.5-mile mark and was doubled over, feeling like someone had punched me right in the gut! I was nauseous, clammy - it was just not good! :eek: So I called the run done...it would not have been cool to start my day throwing up all over the treadmill.

The good news is that I spent the rest of the day chugging water like it was my job and I felt MUCH better afterward. Same for Will. No more fried food for us! Our systems just cannot handle it.

Tuesday, February 11: Strength training (ChaLEAN Extreme) and Run #2 (25-minute tempo run, 2.5 miles completed)
I need to be in the office on Friday this week. Twice a year I give what I can best describe as a guest lecture for the class of medical students my boss teaches, and for this semester I need to do that lecture on Friday (eek!). So I’m working from home today this week.

Good news - the treadmill was delivered today! Woohoo!! :yay:

Since my hours are more flexible today I decided to fully take advantage - I did ChaLEAN Extreme Burn 3, the ab burner DVD, and then a 25-minute tempo run on our new treadmill. It’s SOOOOO nice to have our own right in the house! I love it!! So glad we made this purchase.

Commemorating the first-ever run on our new treadmill like a total dork.
treadmill.JPG

Also, Will did the Burn 1 workout when we got home and liked it. Yay!

Wednesday, February 12: Strength Training (ChaLEAN Extreme Burn 1)
Today was my second week of the Burn phase for ChaLEAN Extreme. The schedule for the program is as follows:

Burn Phase (4 weeks) - Workouts 1, 2 and 3
Push Phase (4 weeks) - Workouts 1, 2 and 3
Lean Phase (4 weeks) - Workouts 1, 2 and 3

I'd ripped Burn 1 to iTunes and put it on my phone so I could come in early and use the weight room at work. I have to say, I did NOT love doing this workout in the weight room! It's so nice to have it up on the TV screen at home and just have my own space. I need to work on not paying attention to everything and everyone else around me and just focus on getting a good workout in. I upped some of my weights today, so that was good. I'm really enjoying ChaLEAN Extreme (CLX so I don't need to keep writing it out over and over :teeth:) so far. I definitely like the "lift heavy" aspect of it and hope it'll help with my running! :)

Also...LOVING watching the Olympics!! Definitely like the summer games more as I did gymnastics and diving in high school/college, and obviously enjoy the running now. But all of these winter sports are so crazy and look terrifying! Except for figure skating (my favorite as I briefly skated in my younger days and totally sucked at it). Currently have the pairs results refreshing on my computer! :)

Didn't have time to do the ab burner DVD like I wanted to this morning (the official schedule only has it twice a week but I'm trying to do it as much as possible - Chalene says the abs recover quickly so why not?). I did do it soon after I got home from work - it's only 10 minutes long, so it's easy to fit in. Pretty good workout!

Also...I was freaking STARVING this evening. I don't know if my appetite is out of whack from starting to lift regularly or what, but it was not fun!

Thursday, February 13: Run #3 (4 miles on the treadmill)
Funny how I was so OMG MY NEW TREADMILL I LURVE IT...and then today I come into work to use the treadmill here and want to bash my head into the wall! :) SO BORING!

Three things help me survive treadmill runs:
1. Something to distract me (like a TV)
2. Setting small goals along the way
3. Playing around with the speed a LOT

All 3 of those things were out in full force today! The Today Show was on (interviews with the Olympic snowboarders and whatnot) and I decided early on that I'd take a minute-long walk break at miles 2 and 3...breaking up the run into three chunks (2 miles long, 1 mile long, 1 mile long).

And I played with the speed:
Ran 2 miles @ 5.9 MPH, walked 1 minute
Ran 1 mile @ 6.0 MPH, walked 1 minute
Ran until I was at 3.25 miles @ 6.2 MPH
Ran 0.25 miles @ 6.1 MPH
Ran 0.25 miles @ 6.0 MPH
Ran 0.15 miles @ 5.9 MPH
Ran 0.10 miles @ 5.8 MPH

Short attention span much?! :rotfl:

Total time: 41:20 for 4 miles, 10:20/mile pace. Glad to get that one done!

Friday, February 14: Strength Training (ChaLEAN Extreme Burn 2)
Today went better in the weight room at work...it's always less crowded on Fridays, so that helped. And I got my presentation down! Glad to have that monkey off of my back.

We never do a ton for Valentine's day but I did stop on the way home to grab a box of peanut butter filled chocolates to share with Will. :lovestruc Good enough for me!

Saturday, February 15: Run #4 (5 miles on the treadmill)
10-miler pre-training is officially over!

Today the weather was, like 13 degrees but it felt like -1, so I decided to just grind it out on the treadmill. I watched 2 episodes of the Simpsons that were somewhat Disney-related! (The first was about their town getting a monorail...the second they went to a theme park that had a Hall of Presidents, A Small World-type ride, a Main Street Electrical-type parade, etc.). I still don't love doing longer runs on the treadmill but at least I was distracted.

Total time: 52:18 for 5 miles (10:28ish pace or something).

Later that afternoon we saw The Lego Movie with some friends and really liked it! :)

Sunday, February 16: Rest Day
Except really not because I ran errands ALL DAY. :eek: 10-miler training starts tomorrow and the Royal Family 5K is on FRIDAY...which means I'll be in Disney World in 4 days!!!!!

IMG_2093.JPG

Continued in Next Post

Yay! I can't wait for another amazing trip report! Im a Shannon too! I have followed all of your previous reports and even ran the Dopey in 2014! I cannot wait to see your experience this year! My hubby and I are in training for Dopey 2015 as well!!

Yay! I can't wait for another amazing trip report! Im a Shannon too! I have followed all of your previous reports and even ran the Dopey in 2014! I cannot wait to see your experience this year! My hubby and I are in training for Dopey 2015 as well!!

Hi Shannon!! :wave: For whatever reason I thought you and your husband did Goofy this year, I didn't know you two were Dopey!! Congratulations!!! :yay: Can I just say, I'm SO glad to hear you two are coming back this year...that must mean it's an enjoyable experience! :rotfl2: Very reassuring for a first-timer like me to hear that! :) Glad you're here!

Hi Shannon!! :wave: For whatever reason I thought you and your husband did Goofy this year, I didn't know you two were Dopey!! Congratulations!!! :yay: Can I just say, I'm SO glad to hear you two are coming back this year...that must mean it's an enjoyable experience! :rotfl2: Very reassuring for a first-timer like me to hear that! :) Glad you're here!

We were doing goofy but they threw dopey in the mix and all sense of rationale went out the window! We LOVED it! It was my first marathon and I wouldn't have had it any other way! I felt it was very well organized and didn't even mind the wake ups so much. The 10k was my favorite race because of the course. If you have any questions PM me!

We were doing goofy but they threw dopey in the mix and all sense of rationale went out the window! We LOVED it! It was my first marathon and I wouldn't have had it any other way! I felt it was very well organized and didn't even mind the wake ups so much. The 10k was my favorite race because of the course. If you have any questions PM me!

And thus the name "Dopey"! :thumbsup2

The wake-ups are what I am most nervous for (that and actually completing the training)! I'm glad to hear you liked the 10K course, it looks pretty great to me! :)

Thanks for the PM offer, I just may take you up on that! :goodvibes

ETA: Deleted the blog...never posted in it!! LOL!

Shameless Plug...my new blog!

I've been hemming and hawing over this for quite awhile now...finally pulling the trigger!

A Redhead Runs

I know, I know...runDisney blogs are a dime a dozen. But I just really love writing and I like the idea of having my own space where I can connect with like-minded friends. :)

I'm still going to keep this thread going though...if I start something I gotta finish it. :goodvibes

Continued in Next Post

I'm just recovering from injury also... I had stress fxs in my foot and couldn't run for five weeks! It was awful! I had to defer to the half marathon at the Flying Pig... but it is what it is and now I can focus more on speed rather than distance :thumbsup2
Good luck on your 10 miler!! You can PR!

I jut read all your TR. Thank you for sharing the details of the runDisney events. It's really helped me get a feel for how the races are. I hope to take the plunge and do the WDW Half-Marathon in January. I look forward to reading more about your training. I can't imagine doing dopey (yet)!

I've been lurking on your half marathon report, can't wait to read your take on the race!

So funny that you have been over to mine... and then I found yours. :goodvibes

I'm sorry to hear that you have been sick...ugh!! And I can relate to feeling down about running, honestly, that was seemingly ALL of 2013 for me after doing Goofy/5K. It just felt like one long burnout. :( I like having the PTR, somehow it makes me feel more accountable, ya know?!

Thanks, I am getting better and starting to feel much more motivated. I think accepting my pace will have to suffer a while so that my mileage doesn't has been very important for me this past week.

And I totally get the PTR thing... It makes me feel accountable too AND helps me get my thoughts down. I do intend to start mine and if you don't mind, I think I am going to copy your format a bit...listing the races I plan to do and such... Even maybe some training plans. I really enjoy following along with what you are doing. You are much more involved in general exercise than I am. I just run... nothing else.

Oh yeah, you're right about the walk! :) I guess having the (what I think is) should walk to get to the monorail still counts as "on the monorail" for me! :rotfl: I mean, GFV doesn't have a bus to the MK, right?

I agree... I would count the short walk as still being on the monorail. I just wanted to make sure you knew there was a walk. And... I don't know? I don't think I saw bus stops... I don't believe there is any. :thumbsup2

I hope we both pull through at the 7-month mark!! :eek: Good luck!!

coming up quick! I will cross my fingers for both of us!!

And last week you did awesome!!! I love that you are so committed even through a small stomach bug!!!

I'm just recovering from injury also... I had stress fxs in my foot and couldn't run for five weeks! It was awful! I had to defer to the half marathon at the Flying Pig... but it is what it is and now I can focus more on speed rather than distance :thumbsup2
Good luck on your 10 miler!! You can PR!
OUCH! :eek: Mine definitely was not as bad as what you have had to deal with! I think I'm totally recovered by now, just trying to get my speed back to what it was. I'm glad you could defer your half and not lose the registration fee. Thanks for the good luck wishes! :goodvibes
I jut read all your TR. Thank you for sharing the details of the runDisney events. It's really helped me get a feel for how the races are. I hope to take the plunge and do the WDW Half-Marathon in January. I look forward to reading more about your training. I can't imagine doing dopey (yet)!
Thanks for reading! :goodvibes I hope you get to do the half!

I couldn't imagine doing multiple races, but these things are addicting...so here I am. You've been warned! ;)
So funny that you have been over to mine... and then I found yours. :goodvibes

Thanks, I am getting better and starting to feel much more motivated. I think accepting my pace will have to suffer a while so that my mileage doesn't has been very important for me this past week.
Good, glad you're feeling better! :goodvibes
And I totally get the PTR thing... It makes me feel accountable too AND helps me get my thoughts down. I do intend to start mine and if you don't mind, I think I am going to copy your format a bit...listing the races I plan to do and such... Even maybe some training plans. I really enjoy following along with what you are doing. You are much more involved in general exercise than I am. I just run... nothing else.
Yeah, sure, go for it!
The other non-running stuff - strength training and yoga - is mostly an injury prevention thing for me. I used to have knee issues and strength training has helped a lot with that. I also have a history of back issues...running alone has helped a lot but core strength is really important for that too. I've been having a hard time fitting in yoga lately (just not enough hours in the day/days in the week!) and I want to do better with that so I don't tighten up too much.
I agree... I would count the short walk as still being on the monorail. I just wanted to make sure you knew there was a walk. And... I don't know? I don't think I saw bus stops... I don't believe there is any. :thumbsup2

coming up quick! I will cross my fingers for both of us!!

And last week you did awesome!!! I love that you are so committed even through a small stomach bug!!!
I guess I need to do some VGF research! :eek: Thanks for making sure I knew about the monorail situation, I appreciate it! :goodvibes

Following along! I am hoping this report will help motivate me throughout my 2014 training!

I am considering doing the Goofy in 2015, but I have only done 1 marathon so far (2014 WDW) and it was so hard. I can't imagine running a half the day before. :eek: However, I really wasn't fully prepared for the full. I followed the Galloway program and made sure I got all of the weekend long runs in, but I really slacked on the short midweek runs. I think that affected my overall fitness. Plus, I ate and drank way too much and gained 10lbs. That was just a recipe for disaster.

So far in 2014, I am focusing on the half distance. I have 3 races scheduled right now (Mar, Apr & June) and I am signed up for the Dumbo Double Dare (Disneyland) in August. I applied for the NYC Marathon, so I might be attempting my second marathon in the fall.

I am struggling with getting more miles in per week. I go to a gym now for the weekday runs, and I HATE it. It's about a 20 minute drive, it's hot, it's boring, blah blah. I dread the idea of adding another day there. Once it's light out in the evenings, I can do those runs outside at home :thumbsup2 Bring on the spring!

Following along! I am hoping this report will help motivate me throughout my 2014 training!
I'm hoping it'll motivate ME throughout 2014 too! :rotfl2:
I am considering doing the Goofy in 2015, but I have only done 1 marathon so far (2014 WDW) and it was so hard. I can't imagine running a half the day before. :eek: However, I really wasn't fully prepared for the full. I followed the Galloway program and made sure I got all of the weekend long runs in, but I really slacked on the short midweek runs. I think that affected my overall fitness. Plus, I ate and drank way too much and gained 10lbs. That was just a recipe for disaster.
I did Goofy in 2013, and that was my second marathon (after WDW in 2012) and it went well. I was ON FIRE when it came to training - I think I only missed 1 run and cut another short. I'm hoping to do that well again but I'm just not sure how realistic it is, especially since I plan to run more this time around. :confused3

I SO hear you on the weight gain during marathon training! I'm still trying to recover from that happening to me in 2012...:rolleyes2
So far in 2014, I am focusing on the half distance. I have 3 races scheduled right now (Mar, Apr & June) and I am signed up for the Dumbo Double Dare (Disneyland) in August. I applied for the NYC Marathon, so I might be attempting my second marathon in the fall.
Dumbo?! Lucky you! I'm jealous. I hope you get into NYC, that is supposed to be a pretty amazing marathon!
I am struggling with getting more miles in per week. I go to a gym now for the weekday runs, and I HATE it. It's about a 20 minute drive, it's hot, it's boring, blah blah. I dread the idea of adding another day there. Once it's light out in the evenings, I can do those runs outside at home :thumbsup2 Bring on the spring!
I agree, it's so hard to get motivated to get to the gym! If I didn't have access to a treadmill right here at work or the one at home I'm not sure how well I'd be doing...:eek: Bring on the spring indeed, we're getting into the 40s here today! :yay:

I'm going to Walt Disney World!

Woohoo!!
RF5K.jpg

Honestly, I don't think it's hit me yet that this time tomorrow I'll be in WDW. I've checked in for my flight but haven't packed yet...I'm super paranoid I'll forget my running shoes. It's weird to go on a trip knowing that I'll be running a race, but that this trip isn't CENTERED around that race...does that make sense?

Anyway, I've been doing well this week with training and am hoping to get another run in this weekend at WDW in addition to the Royal Family 5K on Friday. Maybe even fit in a strength training session? Hmm...:scratchin One thing I have NOT been doing well with is eating. Just eating a lot of crappy food this week. Not good!

ANYWAY...I'm really looking forward to a fun weekend with my friends. :) And those 80-degree temperatures! Yeehaw. Should be a great time!
13-09_CruiseEdit_007.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Have a great trip!!! I am super jealous you will be there for the phm weekend... even if you are not doing the half...it is still so very very cool and exciting that you will be there for the 5k!!!

following. :cool1:

i just finished the princess half and i'm looking into Dopey 2015.
i have another half the end of March 2014 and will be signing up for the Dallas full maybe (it's in January, so not sure still).

Have a great trip!!! I am super jealous you will be there for the phm weekend... even if you are not doing the half...it is still so very very cool and exciting that you will be there for the 5k!!!
Thanks!! It was a fantastic weekend! :) A little strange to not be running the half (if I'd known I was going to be there this weekend I definitely would have signed up for the Glass Slipper Challenge)...but still a fun weekend. Definitely enjoyed running the 5K .:)

Thank thanks for the shout-out in your Pre-TR!
following. :cool1:

i just finished the princess half and i'm looking into Dopey 2015.
i have another half the end of March 2014 and will be signing up for the Dallas full maybe (it's in January, so not sure still).
Congrats on finishing the Princess Half! I was spectating on Main Street that morning, so fun to watch everyone!

Sounds like you have a very full race calendar! Good luck and happy running! :goodvibes

Week 1 of 10-miler Training
Monday, February 17, 2014 - Sunday, February 23, 2014

13.1 miles complete/14ish miles planned
13.1 miles completed in 10-miler Training so far
64.1 miles completed in 2014 so far

Monday, February 17: Run #1 (6 miles planned, 4 miles AM + 2 miles PM completed)
This week is going to be a little screwy with running...but for a GREAT reason, of course. I leave for Disney World on THURSDAY!! YAY!!! :yay:

Normally I'd do my long run on Saturday or Sunday, but since I'm going to be spending the weekend with my friends I think it would be stupid of me to assume I'll actually get it done. So just to be safe, I wanted to do it today.

I (of course) didn't wake up early enough to get the whole thing done this morning, so I decided pretty early on that I'd get done what I could and then finish it when I get home from work. I'd read about splitting up long runs before and have never actually done it before...I guess it's not ideal but it's also not something I plan on doing every week.

I ended up getting 4 miles done on the treadmill this morning in 42:05 (about a 10:31/mile pace). It actually went pretty well! I definitely could have finished the full 6 miles if I'd had the time...although I think I was in a much better mental state since I knew I was going to stop at 4. Does that make sense? Like, if I'd intended on finishing the full 6 I'm sure I would have gone nuts.

Anyway, once I got home I put some of my stuff away, changed and headed right back to our "gym" to hop on the treadmill. I got my final 2 miles in (20:17, 10:08ish/mile pace) while watching "Love It or List It Too" on HGTV. I'm SO glad to have this run out of the way...even if I did have to split it into two parts. That takes some of the pressure off for this weekend in Disney.

Tuesday, February 18: Strength Training (ChaLEAN Extreme Burn 3 + ab burner)
Not a great start to this day. We were under another Winter Weather Advisory and got a few inches of snow overnight. My commute took me twice as long this morning, so there was no way I'd have time to get my workout in AND be on time for work. I think I've convinced myself that once March is here the snow will magically stop...that's possible, right?! I’m not just setting myself up for massive disappointment? Sure...sure.

So once I got home from work (roads were totally clear by then) I headed back to our "gym" to do ChaLEAN Extreme Burn 3 - lots of leg stuff in this one, lunges and squats...ouch! I also did the ab DVD.

Wednesday, February 19: Run #2 (4 miles on the treadmill)
Pretty good run today! The first mile was a little tough (I'm guessing my legs were tired from my workout last night) but the next 2 felt like a breeze. I think I've really turned a corner this week as far as getting back into running after my foot injury. I felt like I was breathing better and running more easily again. Woohoo!

Foreshadowing...

Thursday, February 20: Travel day!!
DISNEY DAY! Flew down to Orlando and checked in at the Wilderness Lodge! One of my friends is married to a CM so we got a saa-weeet CM rate for this weekend.

After waiting for my friends to arrive we hit the expo! I got my bib, shirt and pin for the 5K.
b2010d149a7e11e3ae6212eb2b79fb3d_6.jpg

I bought a SparkleSkirt and a Sweaty Band that I plan on wearing for the marathon. One of my friends mentioned wanting to run this year's Wine & Dine Half Marathon...so we started talking about that...;)

Anyway, we ate dinner at Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary and split this deeeelicious Frozen-themed cupcake...chocolate with a caramel/buttercream filling. So good!
02af3f169a8811e3ae3f120b5b7df32d_6.jpg

After a fun evening in the MK we headed to bed somewhat early-ish (okay, not early enough) since we had the 5K the next morning!

My outfit:
a0a74a209aaf11e3ab4012f602fa8bc2_6.jpg

Friday, February 21: Royal Family 5K!
We were up at 4AM and quickly grabbed a bus to the starting area. I was in Corral B and my friends were in C and D, so we all dropped back to D.

I really don't have a lot to report about for this race, unfortunately. :( We started so far back that by the time we came upon any characters on the course, the lines were WAY too long. Like 50-60 people long. Characters were Princess Atta (the most rare I saw, and I've met her before), Mushu/Mulan in China, Genie/Jasmine in Morocco, Dopey in Germany and the Beast in France. All characters I've met before. We were all disappointed in the lack of "classic" characters on the course (i.e. Mickey, Minnie, etc.). I think we were expecting them in their royal attire and it just didn't happen.

Here I am!
58eb87a89af711e391d012f99f952f1f_6.jpg

My outfit was somewhat Ariel-inspired (in that my shirt said "mermaid" and has the mermaid tail on the back...I know, I'm so creative)...Friend #1 had a shirt similar to mine that said "sea witch" and Friend #2 got a Flounder shirt from zazzle.com. First time I've ever "dressed up" for a race. Although I don't know if you can really call it dressing up...:rotfl2:

Summary of the race!
26bf833a9af511e386020ef894f0130c_6.jpg

After the race we went back to the resort and took showers. Then we headed to Epcot to meet up with Friend #4! :goodvibes Friends found out I'd never been on Mission:Space before so I had to do that (verdict: DO NOT LIKE). We had dinner at Beaches & Cream and managed to take in Test Track, Soarin', champagne in France and a margarita in Mexico!

Saturday, February 22: Speedwork planned, didn't do it

This was the one day besides the 5K I was planning to run and I didn't do it. I don't feel too guilty about it though - Friend #3 had her phone recording how far we walked and we easily covered 10-12 miles per day. I know it's not the same as speedwork, but one skipped run won't kill me.

Foreshadowing...

Anyway, Friend #3 ran the 10K as part of the Glass Slipper Challenge this morning. We didn't go to watch this one and Friend reported that she LOVED the 10K - great course (glad to hear it since this is the same course as the 10K in January!) and fun race with good characters. We went to Hollywood Studios on this day where friends found out I'd never done Star Tours...so I had to do that one. One and done, just like Mission: Space! Glad I managed to keep my breakfast down. We took in Muppets 3D - always a classic - and had lunch at Starring Rolls. Those sandwiches are GOOD! We also split 2 cupcakes between the 4 of us.

Later that evening we surprised Friend #4 with reservations at Citricos! Her birthday was a few days before the trip and she wasn't expecting a fancy dinner...it was nice! And delicious! After dinner Friend #3 went back to the Lodge to get some shut-eye before the half the next day while the rest of us had some fun in the Magic Kingdom (PeopleMover, Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid).

Sunday, February 23: Spectating the Princess Half Marathon!

Friend #3 had no idea we were planning to spectate the half marathon. Friend #4 came prepared with brightly color signs and a Sharpie. After Friend #3 left, the rest of us got up, showered and headed out front...only to be informed that the buses were no longer running (it was 4:50, buses were supposed to go until 5...oooookay). We split a cab with some other folks heading to the Contemporary. There we took a selfie, posted it to Instagram and tagged Friend #3 along with another buddy. SURPRISE! We'll see you on the course!

We walked to the Magic Kingdom and set up camp just before the runners would turn onto Main Street...that way our buddies could see us and then fully have their "castle moment."

Waiting for the runners:
48611ac09c7711e3a9a512a1e226fcfe_6.jpg

We'd come prepared with snacks...there was a small coffee cart set up in front of the Emporium and Casey's was open, too.

We saw the lead runner come through a little after 6AM. She was FLYING! Our friends were in Corral J so we still had awhile to wait. We definitely saw some great moments (the lead overall runner, the lead wheelchair racer, mom coming off the course to kiss her baby) and some not-so-great moments (I'm looking at you, runner who scolded the spectators for apparently not cheering hard enough: "Come on, we're the ones doing all of the hard work!" If you're reading this...SERIOUSLY?! I'm sorry, but that was terrible. Maybe we weren't running the race but we had been standing out there for 2 hours, not because we had to, but because we wanted to. Honestly, every race I've ever run, I've never felt anything but gratitude toward any spectators...so that was gross). AHEM.

We did see our friends, which was awesome! They were so happy to see us and I was so glad we did this. Overall it was really fun!

Scenes from spectating:
fe8363349c8711e3a9e312ed7fc8e686_6.jpg

After seeing our friends we hopped onto the monorail and headed to Epcot, where we saw them again (coming into the park passing SSE and leaving the park on their way to mile marker 13).

This was my first time spectating a race at Disney and it was SO MUCH FUN! I would love to do it again!!!

After the race we headed back to the room, had lunch and then spent the rest of the day - and night! - in the World Showcase. If you ran into us that night...I hope we made you laugh!! We sure did...a lot. :)

Continued in Next Post

Week 2 of 10-miler Training
Monday, February 24, 2014 - Sunday, March 2, 2014

0 miles complete/17ish miles planned
13.1 miles completed in 10-miler Training so far
64.1 miles completed in 2014 so far

UH-OH.....

Monday, February 24: Travel Day
Last Disney day...boo! After our last, fun night I woke up with a sore throat. I didn't think much of it - I drank a fair amount the previous evening, but let's just say, it wasn't water. ;) And I hadn't gotten much sleep during this trip. So whatever.

After breakfast, I headed to Hollywood Studios with Friends 2 and 3. We then hopped to the Magic Kingdom. Friend #3 had to split, so we said out good-byes and Friend 2 and I braved the lunch line for Be Our Guest. The line moved decently quickly even though it looked huge...we were seated within 20 minutes but our lunch took FOREVER to come out.
1e360aec9d9111e3b4f212fe7764450a_6.jpg

Soon it was time for me to leave. I hugged Friend #2 good-bye and headed back to the lodge. :sad1:
7834c8129d9111e385a80e785855f0b3_6.jpg

After waiting 45 minutes in the security line at MCO (!!!) I basically walked onto my plane about 10 minutes before it was due to take off. :eek: Flight was uneventful and I slept for most of it.

I had about an hour-long drive home, and the more I drove, the more my throat hurt. When I got home the first words out of my mouth to my husband were, "don't kiss me, I think I'm sick." :( Not what I wanted to say to him after almost a week apart.

Tuesday, February 25: Unscheduled Rest Day
I have no idea what I had planned for this day...whatever it was, I didn't do it.

I had a horrible night of sleep and woke up still feeling terrible, so I decided to work from home on this day. At this point I thought I had a bad cold and it seemed smart to just take the day off and hopefully be back to running on Wednesday.

I went out to buy some groceries and chicken soup for lunch, and these two quick errands left me completely exhausted.

Wednesday, February 26: Unscheduled Rest Day
Another terrible night of sleep - woke up feeling worse today. I didn't even attempt to work, instead took a sick day. :(

Thursday, February 26: Unscheduled Rest Day
Still feeling awful...so bad in fact that the husband offered to stay home with me and I accepted. I finally wised up and made a doctor's appointment. They got me in just before noon. Diagnosis? Bronchitis plus an ear infection. :( Fun times. Doctor ordered me to rest and take it easy...running was already pretty far from my mind anyway. I did do some work this afternoon from home, but even that left me totally wiped out.

Friday, February 26: Unscheduled Rest Day
Worked from home today, still not feeling great.

Saturday, February 27: Unscheduled Rest Day
Did some short errands with the husband, starting to feel a teeny bit better.

Sunday, February 28: Unscheduled Rest Day
Starting to feel like myself again!

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter