In Room Surprise Upon Arrival?

mommyrom

Happy to Call SSR Home :-)
Is there any way to have any sort of special treat/surprise delivered to a Value resort room prior to guest arrival? Looking to give the kiddos something extra special to greet them as we get to our room ;) ...Probably staying at POP..Thanks for any info! :flower1:

I would try to arrange something in the room after you are checked in. Until you are checked in the room that has been assigned to you can be given to someone else. Someone else could be enjoying your surprise.

Once you are in the room you could always make an excuse and return to the room and arrange the gifts for your kids.

Last time we stayed at CSR, Hubby had a Safari Mickey flower arragement delived for me. It was from the Disney Florist people. It was in our room waiting when we first walked in. I bet they have things for kids also. You might want to try that.
Susan :flower1:

YOu can call Gifts of a Lifetime and have something arranged. Don't know the phone number, though! Sorry!:(

Or, when you check in.... let the kids go watch the TV in the lobby (all lobbies have them) and have goody bags which you have bought given to the front desk and ask if they can be delivered to your room before it is ready for you to go up there. They are good about doing that for you.

Some examples of goodies would be a sandbucket with a shovel or a small beach bag with: sunglasses, an autograph book and a large barrel pen (to make it easier for the characters to sign). If you can't find an autograph book at home, create one with a small notebook decorated with Disney Stickers.

I am going to have the Disney Florist take a huge boquet of flowers to the room. (our 10th anniversary when we go) (407) 827-3505

Actually we've used Disney Florist last year & this year and they are great to deal with! You should make arrangements before you arrive as sometimes they are out of stock of certain items - as per SafetyMom's concern about delivery - they deliver after 5:00 pm as most people are in checked in by then, if not, then the front desk or concierge service will take care of getting it to you.

Good luck! I would go on Disney Florist's (www.disneyflorist.com) website & see what they have as we were very happy with their service.

Tiger

If you want it in the room before you get to the room on the first day call the hotel and ask if they can take the delivery the night before and hold it until you check in and then take it to the room. Then call the florist and make the appropriate arrangements.

When I made my arrangements, the lady told me that the only way to guarantee a specific time for delivery would be to add a $32.50 charge. She told me that they recommend that you have your item delivered the day before whenever possible and they will note that it is requested to be in the room on arrival. If you check-in before you can actually occupy your room, they will deliver the item when they deliver your luggage...usually while you are out and about exploring or visiting a park. If you are going right to your room, it will be delivered shortly thereafter. If you want it delivered while you are out, simply drop off your luggage in your room and then wander about the resort exploring (which is what we will be doing)! You might want to slip the CM a note at check-in letting them know it's a surprise and that you want it delivered after you have had time to visit the room first. Hope this info helps!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter