In room celebrations

mommame2

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had in room celebrations performed by someone other than disney florist. If so who?

If you have used disney florist for grand welcome, was it worth the money?

I was looking into that and doing some research and found gifts of a lifetime. They do that sort of thing too but seemed a little pricey compared to disney florist. I think after researching both that I'm going to do it myself and just have a gift basket delivered for the kids instead. Good luck :)

we did the grand welcome and it was awesome. so cool to see the little guys face :) wish we videotaped it

I have a 3 and 10 yr old. How old was your child?

he was 3. i have some pictures i will share...not that great.... phone pictures.

there are better ones on the site actually and there is another banner on the balcony door. a Tinkerbell shadow on the mirror and a bunch of footprints around. he really thinks mickey did it.

bevxjt.jpg

14jbz3k.jpg

20tnx8k.jpg

21cxw1i.jpg

I was looking at this as well. In the past I have always used memories by betsy for the kids baskets and they have been happy. Since I would need 2 I think the Grand Welcome is out of my price range

I was looking at this as well. In the past I have always used memories by betsy for the kids baskets and they have been happy. Since I would need 2 I think the Grand Welcome is out of my price range

just so you know they will work with you to adjust whats in the package to accommodate two. like....two mickeys or two Minnie instead of one of each....add an extra autograph book....substitute things. :)

I have done Memories by Betsy gift baskets, Disney Florist in room celebrations and gift baskets and I did have a custom event done by Gifts of a Lifetime (not room decorating).

GoaL does custom work so I would expect to pay more. Disney Florist does a great job and although they will work with you to switch a few things out, you aren't going to get a custom package--they are limited to using the items that they have been authorized to use.

Memories by Betsy is nice enough but it's not at the level of either Disney Florist or Gifts of a Lifetime. However, prices are much less.

I have done Memories by Betsy gift baskets, Disney Florist in room celebrations and gift baskets and I did have a custom event done by Gifts of a Lifetime (not room decorating).

GoaL does custom work so I would expect to pay more. Disney Florist does a great job and although they will work with you to switch a few things out, you aren't going to get a custom package--they are limited to using the items that they have been authorized to use.

Memories by Betsy is nice enough but it's not at the level of either Disney Florist or Gifts of a Lifetime. However, prices are much less.

true and you can get an idea of what those items are by checking out the website. i think if you can get it on the website in some capacity then its available.

also...had not heard of memories by betty. great savings it looks like.

Here's my experience - I am ordering for the first time from Disney Florist. This is my first trip to WDW so I cannot offer any advice about the other vendors.

I placed two separate orders with Disney Florist and both are surprise gift baskets for my DH. The first item, ordered 2 weeks ago from the old website, is a customized version of "Mickey, Minnie, & Me" which was geared toward children. The "Dream Maker" took out the crayons, changed the mouse ears from a child size to an adult, and added in an extra set of mouse ears for myself.

Disney Florist released their new (better!) website last week and I customized an Anniversary basket for DH. This time, I built a basket using their Custom Gift Builder but I added some items on that are normally only available with specific in-room celebrations. Again, the Dream Maker was very accomodating.

Both baskets are scheduled to be in our room on arrival day after we return from MK.

If you see a celebration that needs a little tweaking, I would recommend calling them and asking. It can't hurt!:)

Has anyone done the royal princess child? I was trying to find what was in this celebration but it doesn't list everything like some of the other celebrations?:confused3

I am surprising my hubby with two different items...one is the Hero Medal. They are dropping it off at the resturant we are eating at, on our first night.

really looking forward to my hubby's reaction!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter