In response to Jersey threads---Any DVC'ers from TEXAS????

Magnolia,Tx (North Houston) checking in. Taking our first trip home first week of Dec. for my dd7 bday and having lunch at the castle. The drive is not that bad as long as you have lots of games and videos. N oone seems to complain.:)

Work in San Antonio, live just south in Pleasanton. First trip home next July. :yay:

Hi... We are a family of 7 and live in Trenton, Texas! Trenton is located in North Texas about 30 miles south of the Oklahoma border.

We are taking our 12th. trip to Disney in December. We have been driving for the last 10 trips and it really is not to bad. DD has progressive hearing loss and she can no longer fly due to the pressure in the airplane can cause more loss. We did not want to give up Disney so now we drive!

We bought into DVC a few years ago and love it!
:)

I should add that DS #1 lives in Laredo, and DS #2 lives in Denton. For all you North Texas DISers, he's a musician and the band he plays with does lots of events, primarily weddings, in the DFW area. He's a BIG Disney fan, especially since he was fortunate enough to play with a band at DL one summer.

We live in Irving. We joined DVC in Dec. 2000 with ownership at VWL. My sister and her DH live in Dallas and recently joined also.

Add another from Irving, home of the Dallas Cowboys at least for now.....

We used to live in the Valley Ranch area, a few blocks from where the Cowboys workout.

I list TX as my residence but the military has me located elsewhere right now. Though I am close enough to drive to WDW in less time. . . :p If all goes well I will be moving back upon completion of service to just north of San Antonio.

SimbaCub
VWL/SSR Nov/Dec 04

We bought about 5 acres north of San Antonio last year and are hoping to be moving up there soon!

Plano Red Raiders here.

Another Red Raider here!

We currently live just south of Katy and north of Sugarland.

I remember when this thread was first started... We had just moved out of Texas and I was sad I couldn't add my name to the list. But 2 years later we moved back and now I can add my name!!!!

BTW, we're also just outside of Austin.

We're from Garland (right next to the Sachse border). We just passed ROFR on BCV. Hope to close soon.

We usually drive to Tallahassee first day (long day - about 13-14 hours). Then it is a relatively short drive to WDW 2nd day. If we get up early and leave around 6 we can be there and get checked in before lunch.

We are a family of five from McKinney, TX. Just north of Dallas. We sure wish it was a shorter drive from here.

Maybe you should think about moving to Italy.
that would cut your drive down by about 40 minutes and increase there tax base by about 15 percent all at the same time.
Ted
PS For those rom outside TX there is an Italy TX.

I am from Jersey but does it count if my heart is in Texas with my beloved Dallas Cowboys? I made my first trip to Texas Stadium in September for the home opener and I am trying to convince the hubby we need to ditch dirty Jerz and relocate south :thumbsup2

I'm outside of Austin and just purchased DVC last week. :cool1: I can't believe so many Texans drive to WDW! Guess it's something we'll have to consider in the future since flying 5 people is so expensive but for now we'll stick with flying.

HI texansue
I am in the Shady Hollow area of South Austin.
We drove to DW in August for a 5 night stay at SSR.
The drive is long but we enjoyed going through the country side of West florida and on the way back took all of the back roads along the coast and got to see a lot of rural Florida. It reminded me off what Texas used to be like.
Theo

The is DH.. we live 60mi NE of Dallas in Trenton... How bout them COWBOYS! We drive to WDW at least twice a year. Mom Poppins is probably the biggest fanatic of our family... but we would be nowhere without her. She plans all our trips at makes it a magical experience for the entire family. DVC has been a great investment.. dont know why we didnt do it earlier! pirate: - Kirk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter