In a verandah now, what are my chances for getting a cheaper stateroom

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by closetdisneynerd, Sep 26, 2012.

1. closetdisneynerd

closetdisneynerd Earning My Ears

I am booked for a July 2013 4 day Bahama cruise on the Dream. Had to book a verandah room because that was what was left. What do you think my chances are for getting a regular stateroom instead? I have my TA checking and I am checking on a daily basis.

Is this a futile exercise? Anybody else have luck with this??

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

I just checked the cruises in July and I see that, basically, all categories are available for booking. Were you looking for a specific room? Was that why you had to go to verandah? I was able to pull up several 9C & 9B rooms as available.

Another thought - were you looking for a room with 2 adults? What was the makeup of your party?

:cutie:

4. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

OP, keep checking. Your best chance will be right before the PIF date.

5. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

As PP said, keep checking.

I did a little more research. When I try to book for 2 or 3 people, I can get a variety of rooms available. When I make the booking for 4 (regardless of adult/child combo), only verandahs come up.

July is a pretty busy time, so I'm saying that the ship is getting pretty full (for the time being). Some people will cancel just prior to final payment date.

:cutie:

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

July 2013, cabins will open up. As others said, they are likely to start to appear about 3 months before the cruise...but checking daily won't hurt. Um....what do you consider to be a "regular" cabin? Is that an oceanview or an inside?

7. Annabell

Annabell Mouseketeer

Yes, just keep checking and I am sure some inside or oceanview cabins will open up. People book but also cancel cruises all the time so something that is not available today may pop up tomorrow ! If you are using a TA you can ask your TA to watch for you !