In a perfect world...

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by CathieArms, May 20, 2010.

1. CathieArms

CathieArms DIS Veteran

...I wish the DDP was a bit more flexible.

I'd like to have a DDP that offered, say, 2 CS and 1 TS...with the option of cashing in both CSs for 1TS.

It bugs me that you go from the basic DDP of 1CS, 1TS and one snack to 3 TS meals if you want to bump up. It seems like there ought to be an in-between.

Oh well...I can dream. Maybe they'll make changes for 2011.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wdwobsessed

wdwobsessed Work hard, Play hard. :)

I agree. A 2TS in some shape or form would be perfect.

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

In my perfect world, there's no DDP.

There's rumors about changes for 2011 and they're not the ones suggested. The deluxe dining plan can be used as designated (1 CS, 2 TS). You do not have to use deluxe credits for TS meals; they can also be used for CS. They have already built that flexibility into the deluxe plan, so it does exist. I would imagine the sticking point is the price - OP and others want that flexibility at a lower price. Don't think Disney is going to accommodate that.

5. CathieArms

CathieArms DIS Veteran

6. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

In general they will say you can not use TS for CS restaurants (sometimes you can do this, but that's beyond the point of this post). So when you asked about using TS for CS, the answer given was no.

The credits on the DxDP are general credits. They can be used for either TS or CS. They are NOT like the DDP where they are already seperated. So, you could have 3 TS, 3 CS, or a mix of them.

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

On the basic plan, it's an open question as to whether or not you can use TS credits for CS meals. It is not a written rule of the dining plan, so anyone checking the "rule book" will say you can't do that. Many posters have been permitted to. During free dining, until after 2008 Disney had actual programs to encourage guests to do this - if you used your TS for a CS meal you'd get an extra snack or some type of merchandise.

On the deluxe dining plan you can definitely use credits for CS meals. You do not get TS credits; you get meal credits that are good for either type of meal.

See the "Everything you always wanted to know" sticky thread at the top of the Dining Plan forum for the rundown on the Disney dining plans (how many credits with each and what you can redeem them for).

Interestingly enough, sometimes WDW phone cast members do not know as much about certain Disney programs as posters on the DIS do. If you called the dining line and asked about the dining plans...the dining line is pretty much good for one thing - making reservations. I don't ask them for any other information, because much of the time they either don't know or they're wrong.

8. CathieArms

CathieArms DIS Veteran

Thank you...I'll check it out...

9. MrsLS

MrsLS DIS Veteran

Then he is firmly wrong, if you are on the deluxe plan, the CS and TS are interchangable. I've done it.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/vacation-packages/2010/deluxe-dining/

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...altDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2010DeluxeDining.pdf

Above are the links to get the deluxe plan from disney's website.
    "Over 100 select Quick Service and Table Service restaurants,
    including our legendary Disney Character Dining, participate in the
    Disney Deluxe Dining Plan."

10. Kayleebug

Kayleebug Always planning my next trip for some more magic!

We had deluxe dining last summer, and we definitely used many of the credits for CS meals instead of TS meals. No problem!:thumbsup2