impressions.... wedding programs

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by mishtb, Oct 3, 2005.

1. mishtb

mishtb Mouseketeer

Has anyone used Impressions for their wedding programs.. I have been waiting for a reply back... I love their mickey mouse fan programs, but I am afraid that I'll need a min. amt order when I only need 15. I could always try to make them myself...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cryssi

cryssi <font color=blue>Kabocha<br><font color=green>Look

We didn't use them for programs, only for invites. However, if you are doing custom programs, I don't believe there is a minimum. You'll want to double check with Shelley though...she's great!

c

4. Mary626

Mary626 DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

these are too cute! I wonder what would be the best way to cut them out without it looking crooked or unproffesional? (i have no artistic talent whatsoever).

If you try making them and have success, let us know how you did it! :)

5. kellykins

kellykins Earning My Ears

I just put the order in for those fans today! I got the impression that they could go what every number you wanted.

Shelley is really nice!

6. Luvndisney

Luvndisney Mouseketeer - Have a Magical Day!

Anyone care to share with me how much these programs are? I would need about 50 made.....you can pm me.

Thanks

7. Mary626

Mary626 DIS Veteran

I am curious to know as well, please! Thank you :)

8. kellykins

50 Custom Mickey program fans: 282.60
    2 Program typesetting : 55.00 (I think this is set up for each side of the fan)
    50 Program bows: 92.50

I also had to pay the licensing fee of 157.04, but I believe that is because we have a Mickey head on the front in our monogram. I would post the monogram for the front of the program, but I can't figure out how to add a picture.

9. D&R love Disney

D&R love Disney DIS Veteran

Shelly at Impressions was great to work with. I did have a bit of trouble getting in touch with her at first but then ordering my castle topper was a breeze.

10. mishtb

mishtb Mouseketeer

I can't afford that much.... but I made a template today and on separate paper printed out the program with our ceremony ... all I did was used scrapbooking tape to keep both sides together, and only glued the popcicle stick on and done.... It actually came out great....and I could use any color paper or color font to match our wedding colors... A little time consuming, but it saves money...

11. kellykins

Good for you. I tried to go the crafty direction. I tried to make programs that would match my invitations which had silver mickey heads on them. I had finally come up with something that would have been ok, but I was disappointed with how they came out and they were a lot of work. Then last week Shelley called to see if I needed anything else (she did my invitations) and I was stressed, tired and weak so she sold me on her programs. I ordered napkins too.

She showed me a much less expensive option, but once I saw the mickey head program I knew that's what I wanted.

I can't wait to see them, they should be ready Friday.

12. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm resurrecting this thread because I was looking for info on the Mickey program fans since our wedding will be in July. However, I just can't justify spending almost $9.00 per fan for something that people will most likely throw away after the wedding day. YIKES!! For those of you that made your own, do you still have any old pictures around?

Thanks!!!

13. bride2bee

bride2bee Disney Bride

Mine weren't the mickey head fans but I did make them myself. They were really easy .I bought the card stock that size so no cutting and used paint stirrers, ribbon and rubber cement. It was really cheap and easy.

here are some pics
    Front

[​IMG]

Back
    [​IMG]

Day of

[​IMG]

14. scottsbride

scottsbride Earning My Ears

very nice Bride2bee....i really like the idea of making my own but i'm afraid the mickey head may get too complicated for me to cut. I like the square alternative!!!!!!!!!!

15. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Very Nice!! Where did you get that pretty castle picture? Was it already colored that way, or did you do it? Did you print everything on paper and then rubber cement it onto the cardstock? You can't even see any lines from that. Was it the exact size of the cardstock? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just want to try to make my own too :) You did a GREAT job!!
    Thanks!

16. JJClemson

JJClemson DIS Veteran

Karen, I am in the same boat as you. Spending all that money for fans is a little ridiculous! I'd rather have that money for cake :)

I ordered the sample from Impressions and my mom is using that as her template. She is VERY artsy (art teacher), so I am sure they will come out great. I asked her to have one done for me to see by Christmas, so I will post it then. Good luck!

17. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Oh! I didn't know you could order a sample! How much is that??? My mother is VERY crafty and artsy too and is THRILLED that I want her to try to figure out how to make these :) :)

18. JJClemson

JJClemson DIS Veteran

I did this back in April so I don't quite remember. I think I just went to their website and either clicked on "request sample" or emailed them about a sample. I got this whole packed of invites and the mickey fan. It didn't cost anything. Good luck :)

19. SRUAlmn

SRUAlmn DIS Veteran

Cool! Thank you :)

20. bride2bee

bride2bee Disney Bride

Thanks scottsbride and Karen!

I really hope you can figure out a way. Maybe you could just make a disney head stencil out of cardboard then use an exacto knife type thing lol. I can't think of it but it has a razor attached to a circular platic thing inorder to cutt the card stock in that shape. They have it at craft stores. I just can't imagine being able to match it up other wise.

Oh and don't worry about the questions ;) . I bought the card stock in 8x8 then ran it through the printer to put our monogram on the front and the ceremony info on the back sheet. Then I glued the paint stirrer onto one side... then glued the two side together. Add the bow and its done.

Out of all of my DIY projects this was the fastest. And they were really sturdy. My mom fanned herself all day with it and it was still together and looks great!

If it really gives you a head ache maybe you could do the square but incorporate a hidden mickey theme!!!

Oh and a friend made the castle in that color for me . It was originally just gray scale then you use a program like adobe to change the turrets of the castle.. It comes from ... Marry Monograms I think it is www.marrymonograms.com I'll pm you something.

21. wendy46001

wendy46001 Mouseketeer<br><font color=purple>Dont get me wron

If you all are looking for a great way to cut those out...just buy that new crayola cutter...Its wonderful for art projects and a lot easier to use then the scrap booking knife I own....

Best kids toy ever...it does a great job in tracing and cutting