• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm wondering...

disneyfans4ever

Mousekeeter
I haven't heard much about Hollywood and Vines dinner buffet....so I'm wondering how people's experiences have been there and how the food was? My family went to 50's Prime Time and really disliked it last December, (I know 50's PT is a popular restaurant on the DIS) so I was wondering about H&V for an MGM restaurant. I really would appreciate any feedback I can get!! Thanks!

We were just there two weeks ago with the Fantasmic dinner package. We really liked the menu. I won't remember nearly all of it. I do remember a number of interesting cold salads, a great pot roast, salmon, several pasta dishes, polenta, etc. It was all very good. I went with low expectations because when I was there in 2004 I was not impressed. The menu has changed, though, and we all (3 adults and 3 kids) really enjoyed it.

We did Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic package for our first dinner at the parks, and it was great! Now we did have a bit of a wait (15 min) after our ADR tme before we were seated and the restraunt was full, but our server was very friendly and helpful. There was a good selection of items and with so many people nothing had a chance to sit for long, the staff were constantly re-filling dishes. I really can't remember a specific meal offering because the desserts blew me away! There were two in particular, a dark chocolate cup filled with milk chocolate mousse and a 'snickers' cheesescake that I probably over did it with. Easily some of the best desserts we had on our trip.

We went about 3 weeks ago and didn't like it at all. The service there was poor/waitress unfriendly/food was sub-par. But that is just our opinion.

We were there last March on the Fantasmic package and it was just ok. The buffet was pretty ordinary and the food was just average. I really can't even recall to many of the menu options as they weren't all that memorable. We didn't leave disappointed...but we weren't really impressed either.

This year, we're going to try Mama Melrose for Fantasmic.

I have eaten there several times and have no complaints. The package with Fantasmic is the way to go.

We also have reservations for this one I hope it's good. I keep having second thoughts on it from some of the reviews, but so far I have not changed it I may just keep it and hope for the best.

H&V is standard buffet fare, nothing memorable. Desserts a bit "weak" compared with other buffet locations. I find all of MGM an uninspiring place to dine, but at least at the H&V there are fresh fruits and veggies and roasted meats. Consider it a basic meal with a FastPass to Fantasmic. You have to eat, and you have to see Fantasmic. This place gets both done. You'll remember Fantasmic... not the food.

We went for the H&V Fantasmic Package last year and liked the food. There was a large variety and food that satisfied even my picky husband and sister.
My husband and I went in Sept (just a couple of weeks ago) and tried the H&V Breakfast and it was great. Our waitress was wonderful, the other waitresses were dancing and playing with the children who were dancing with the Characters... We have made reservations for our March Trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter