1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

I'm so upset, I could cry :(

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by buzzrelly, Mar 5, 2013.

1. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

Have her buddy up with a family or someone that gets on the magical express with her. Explain that its only her second time flying and first time alone could they just direct her or let her tag along. I know I wouldn't mind doing that for someone in this situation. Just a thought.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

Prayers and Pixie Dust your way! And your Mom's way! AND especially the decision making lady's way that she will do the Right Thing and realize things will not cease to exist if 1) your mom takes her well deserved vacation with her family and 2) if she comes back as planned and not a day early!

:hug:

4. Cynt

Cynt DIS Veteran

Pixie Dust to you!!

My father is 70 and still works so I totally understand life circumstances when it comes to our parents. He's going on his first trip to Disney May 2013.

5. Denamac

Denamac Mouseketeer

Hoping it all works out for you!

6. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

Good for him! Wishing him the happiest trip! Hopefully he'll get to retire soon too. My mom has until July 2015.

7. OklahomaTourist

OklahomaTourist Mouseketeer

I *LOVE* this story. Absolutely LOVE it. What's extra sweet about it is that rather than just giving you the time off, you got the time off anyway, and by moving up your retirement, I'm assuming they probably had to pay out any unused vacation in cash. You won the day in two ways. Considering how most outfits are desperate to get people to burn vacation, I'm surprised he didn't let you do it the way you wanted originally.

Great, great story.

Here's hoping all works out well for the OP's mom.

8. jmendez24

jmendez24 Mouseketeer

Good thoughts. I hope it all works out. pixiedust:

9. MHSweb79

MHSweb79 DIS Veteran

I was going to suggest the same thing. People are pretty nice overall and if someone asked me something like this I would do all I could to help.

10. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

So, I FINALLY have an update! It's been a LONG couple of days, but her supervisor told her today that she can go, but her vacation "isn't approved," so it will reflect in her yearly review. I think they're just trying to stick it to her because that's how her boss is (I used to work for her so I know this!). Anyway, we are relieved and SUPER excited! My mom isn't worried about her evaluation, she's really a great employee so this is the only bad thing they'll be able to say about her. Plus, she is retiring July 2014 (I typed it in wrong earlier), so this will be her last review anyway. She's happy. I'm happy. Thank goodness! And thanks for all the Pixie Dust...I'm sure that had something to do with this outcome!! Now, back to planning and being excited!!

11. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so happy she can go! And seriously, any "boss" who is going to give a 69 year old woman who is 16 months out from retirement a hard time over a family vacation has some real issues. Just be glad you are not her :rotfl:

Enjoy your trip!

12. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

NEVER underestimate the power of pixie dust! ;) So happy for you! Does she get to stay the whole time?

13. staceymarie

staceymarie Mouseketeer

Fabulous!! Yay!:cool1:

14. Tormania

Tormania Mouseketeer

Glad your mom can go and now it's only 16 months before she can tell her boss where to shove it!! :thumbsup2

15. edk35

edk35 DIS Veteran

Great news!!! :thumbsup2

16. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

Oh what wonderful news! So glad it worked out. The evaluation well who cares?!? She's retiring and not looking for a promotion. Have a great trip

17. 39CINDERELLA

39CINDERELLA Waiting to dance at the Ball with my Prince

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

18. disneysunshine85

disneysunshine85 Mouseketeer

Amazing!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!

19. letsgoreds

letsgoreds DIS Veteran

I am very, very happy to say 'Told ya!' (no worries, all will work out)

20. 3girls4me05

3girls4me05 DIS Veteran

So happy to hear your update. It appears you will be there when we will! Here is hoping for amazing weather and low crowds!

21. graceesmom

graceesmom DIS Veteran

So excited for you and your mom that it worked out!:cool1::cool1::cool1: