I'm so bummed about the monorail!

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by SilverCeladon, Aug 15, 2006.

1. SilverCeladon

SilverCeladon Mouseketeer

I'm going to Disneyland and it's the first time for my 3 year old and he's totally into trains right now. We wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel so we could ride the monorail but when I made my reservations the monorail is not working for the month of November! What? They are building another ride and have to close down the monorail because of it. Total Bummer! I know my son would have gotten a kick out of riding it! :sad2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. stampinshauna

stampinshauna Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise L

That is a bummer. They are working on the station and also on the subs which is right by, so it will be down for a while. At least you found out before getting there. You'll just have to go on the Disneyland Railroad a lot, he will love it! Have a wonderful trip.

4. SilverCeladon

I know! At least there's other trains there or I'd be in trouble!

5. Alex2kMommy

Alex2kMommy <font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself

We were also disappointed that the monorail will be down during our Sept. visit. We have a monorail in Seattle, but I was thinking of the DL one as not only transportation, but a ride with a nice view of the parks. (I haven't ever been, this will be our first trip.) Many other wonderful things that we'd wanted to see will also not be running: The musical Aladdin, Snow White, Matterhorn, the Electric Light Parade.

But there will be so many other things to see there! We'll just have to plan another trip. :sunny:

6. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

Hopefully he will enjoy the Disneyland RR and Casey Jr. Circus Train.

Woody

7. DisneyloverinWA

DisneyloverinWA Waiting for the Magic

We are going to DLR December 2 - 7. We were going to stay at the Disneyland Hotel and take advantage of the monorail. Does anybody know if it will be open by December? I was going to book my tickets tomorrow as space at the resort hotels are going fast.

Thanks!

8. darph nader

darph nader <font color=green>Went APE-CRAZY with suvies<br><f

This is a drag. But if you look at the ( somewhat positive ) "next" time you go,'maybe' he can ride up front. :cool1: All you have to do is ask. :thumbsup2

9. my3kids

my3kids <font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>

I am pretty disappointed also. Not only is the monorail down in November, the Matterhorn reopens the day after we leave in Nov.

10. ScouterJT

ScouterJT DIS Veteran

with any luck, they will finish renovations ahead of schedule ... sending you some Pixie Dust :wizard:

11. CindyH

CindyH Mouseketeer

If your son loves trains, plan to ride Casey at least a few times every day. And one of those rides should be from the caboose (you ride backwards); it's really a different perspective and lots of fun!

Nighttime is also neat, but I don't know if that's too late for your little one.

Have fun! :goodvibes

12. stampinshauna

stampinshauna Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise L

Dates that I've seen say that it won't be up until Dec 15th. I think they are just opening it temporarily for the busy Christmas season and then it will be down again, but I could be wrong.

13. minnietoo

minnietoo Mouseketeer

14. mikayla73

mikayla73 DIS Veteran

DH is gonna be disappointed to hear that. I hadn't realized that it wasn't running to the DLH. We would get on at DTD (we were staying off site) and ride to Tomorrowland or vise versa, we never tried to ride all the way around, looks like we couldn't have any way. :confused3

Does anyone know when and or why they stopped it and if they plan on starting it back up anytime soon?

TIA!

15. ZipaDeeDooDah

ZipaDeeDooDah <font color=red>What happens on the DIS boards, st

No Electrical Parade?!?! :sad: :sad: :sad: I am so bummed!

16. minnietoo

minnietoo Mouseketeer

My understanding is that it was stopped when the construction began on the subs - but I could be wrong. It won't go back up until after the subs are finished.

17. SilverCeladon

I'm also bummed about the Electrical Parade but we'll just have to go again!

18. ZipaDeeDooDah

ZipaDeeDooDah <font color=red>What happens on the DIS boards, st

Yes, I suppose so! But this trip is likely to happen only one more time for us as a family, so I hope the kids get to see it in 6 or 7 years when we go next! Do you know why the parade is not on - is it because it is seasonal?

19. SilverCeladon

Yep, because it's seasonal. I've read that they have another parade though for the 50th.

20. mikayla73

mikayla73 DIS Veteran

Subs=the new Nemo ride?

That stopped the monorail from going to the DLH? :confused3

Sorry I don't mean to be dense, but I guess I don't get that. Or do you mean that's what stopped the roundtrip rides? If that is the case, why did they stop going to the DLH? Anyone know? :)

21. Judy from Boise

Judy from Boise <font color=teal>Watch out – might take away your Moderator

the only two stops for the monorail are tomorrowland, and DD/DLH. The TL stop is very close to the sub lagoon, and is part of the rehab/construction.