I'm paying for Disney through Kijiji

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by candielips, Jul 6, 2011.

1. candielips

candielips DIS Veteran

Well not the actual trip but definitely making money for our drive down and our spending money for souvenirs.
    I have been selling so much stuff that I have lying around the house on www.kijiji.ca. Everything from toys to tools and just things we are no longer in need of.
    So take a look through your house, your garage, your basement and maybe you can make some more money to spend at the greatest place on earth.
    Does anyone else have any ideas they would like to add to make more money for Disney?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AlohaDisney

AlohaDisney Mouseketeer

I definitely need to do this! Our closets are completely full, I need to declutter and Disney is a great motivation to do so!

4. boundfordisney

boundfordisney <font color=magenta>I think my finger prints are s

great idea. my daughter is always selling something on kijiji I will have to tell her that this would be a great way to pocket some money for future trips!:thumbsup2

5. dancin Disney style

dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

I've thought about it often but never gotten around to listing any items. I have a ton of competitive dance stuff....shoes, costumes, new items still in packages. I also still have a bunch of high end baby items...stroller, highchair and the list goes on. No idea why I'm hanging onto that stuff.

I've even got 2 Deco-rest wing chairs that I was holding on to...I thought I would recover them but now I really doubt I would ever do it.

This could be a good project for my DD to fill a little of her summer time. :surfweb:

6. My 2 princesses

My 2 princesses Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bu

So you must be the one I have been looking at and I always wondered if it was a Diser, now I know, LOL!!! Too bad you live too far as I was interested in some of your stuff. Good luck.

7. iluvwesties

iluvwesties <font color=green>Always planning the "Next" trip!

What things do you find sell easily?

I've got lots of "stuff" but don't know if it's what people want :confused3

Would love to start a "Disney trip" fund :goodvibes

8. wtpfan

wtpfan Mouseketeer

We have been doing the same thing...recently sold IPOD nanos, soccer and dance shoes, roller blades, hockey equipment. We already have over $200 saved for our March trip. Good luck selling everyone!:thumbsup2

9. Disney_lovers

Disney_lovers Earning My Ears

Thanks for the idea. Yesterday I listed and sold freezer and portable washing mashine. :banana:

10. candielips

candielips DIS Veteran

What sizes are your dance stuff? My daughter is 4 and just getting into dance.

People sell everything on there from baby items to books to old tv's. I have even seen people selling extra sheets of drywall. Think of it as a virtual garage sale.

:goodvibes

11. dancin Disney style

dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

My dance stuff is probably way too big for a 4yo. My DD is 12 and wears a womans size 6.5-7 shoe.

12. alohamom

alohamom DIS Veteran

Candielips, thanks so much for posting, I sell once in a while on Kijiji, more so on Ebay but what a great idea to dedicate the funds to Disney!

13. Hockey Mom KQ

Hockey Mom KQ Mouseketeer

I am not having any luck at all. Oh well:confused3

14. candielips

candielips DIS Veteran

I sell my stuff quickly by posting it lower than everyone else.

Do a search on kijiji for similiar or identical items. Find out what everyone else is selling it for and offer yours cheaper. That's what I do. I'm really more happy just to see the stuff gone.

15. monkey30

monkey30 Dreaming of my next vacation!

we are Rural so unless its a big item (sold our tent trailer!!) FB is another good place, our county has a local garage sale group, do a search and see if there is one in your area... if not why not start one!!!