I'm Ordering a big BLT for Thanksgiving 2010 NEW 12/3 started TR! see link

The Making of a BLT and an order of POP to go with it for November 2010...

what better way to rest on the couch while sick :sick: 3 days before Christmas then w/ my laptop in tow and update my PTR...;)

BLT....yum, can you make any better sandwich? There seems to be endless combinations of breads or additions or variations of this classic but for me, 2 lightly toasted pieces of wheat bread, a smear of mayo on each slice and then my hidden pleasure a sprinkle of garlic powder, nice crisp pieces of lettuce layered next, then 4 yummy pieces of bacon and thinly sliced tomatoes...

blt.jpg

for the POP you'd actually find me w/ a tasty cold glass of lemonade..but my favorite carbonated beverage would be ginger-ale...DH's would be diet Dr. Pepper...

schweppes_ginger_ale2.jpg

Oh whoops :laughing: ....I got side-tracked and now I'm hungry. Back to Disney's version of a BLT and POP

wdw_dcr_blt_002a.jpg

disney-pop-century_lg.jpg

So actually later on during the day, on 12-20...Sue my guide called me and we chatted about some of our concerns...

1)ADR...no problem but will start my calling/onlining off the BLT ressie
Can do one dinning plan per ressie # or just one for the BLT stay...

2)Check-in...duh can't believe we didn't even think of this...I can pre-check-in online to BLT before we even go and she also said we could go over there anytime after midnight on the 19th to personally check-in and get the passports/room keys... or just go first thing in morning too after leaving POP.

3)Luggage logistics...yes we can have POP bell services take our things to BLT for us during the day and then we return to BLT we can have BLT bell services bring our things to our room.

4)Tickets into the park...yes as michellem mentioned they can be added to our KTTW at time of check-in, we can even buy them that day too...but that is a whole other post topic...

So everything looked pretty good except for two things...:headache:

1)I guess I didn't understand the whole DVC cash discount thing...and we are not eligible for our POP night (not a huge price difference though)

2)our last night would be on borrowed points from 2011 and if we decide to drop that night we'd lose 59 points not to mention a BLT day it would be to hard to try and switch the POP night to BLT so we are kinda stuck if we really need Southwest's schedule to make the final decision on the last day of leaving on Sat 11-27 or Sun 11-28. :confused:

I proceeded w/ being put on hold and waited for DVC member services to click in. Valerie helped me w/ our first “home” ressie...

I thought it would be a breeze from here..but then the words “WAIT-LIST” were said... :eek:

I guess that just figures.

Actually is does.

Our room request is a 2BR dedicated and we wanted a standard view. Not that a standard view is our first choice but based on our points...this would be best and still allow us to book a studio w/ a MK view in 2011 for our 15 yr anniversary trip w/out borrowing any points from 2012...

and unfortunately there are only a few of these specific rooms in the SV category

now the whole stay wasn't wait-listed just the 1st night of our BLT stay...the thought of being wait-listed and not get in BLT till day 3 kind of stinked and then we'd have to add another night at POP potentially and I could just imagine how that would be a headache w/ ADR's and passports... :faint:

as being a newbie DVC member...I just wasn't sure if I wanted to deal w/ waiting...best case scenario SV would open up in 3 months or less and we could adjust..but I don't know. :confused3

The other option besides the wait-list was a 2BR D for our whole stay was to take the Lake View :beach: (Bay Lake View is specifically what Valerie said)

point wise the difference wasn't much...365 for SV and 404 for LV if we go w/ the LV we'd have peace of mind for our whole trip and still have enough points left over in 2011 for a LV studio...we can decide later if we want to pull the few points needed for a MK view from 2012...

I booked the 20th-28th then as a 2BR D LV :woohoo:

also that night I called the regular CRO number and booked and paid for our 1-night (19th-20th) at POP. :thumbsup2

The next morning I called MS and added our last and 8th night at BLT (9th night on the trip)... :)

so my BLT and POP should be waiting for us in just over 10 months to ENJOY!!!! popcorn::

BTW...I already received multiple confirmations from WDWTC for the POP stay but nothing yet from DVC...should I be concerned? :confused:

Up NEXT: hopefully a little pre-Christmas cheer :santa: (Disney style from our home to you) and then back to planning this trip...

Meet my Planning TOOLS!

Thanks for reading,

Scrappie J~

OK, finally caught up!

Wow, such drama and you're only on page 3!!:lmao: I can tell this will be an exciting TR with lots of surprises along the way.

I think other posters have commented already but here goes:

1) BLT -- congrats on buying!! You will love it. As you saw on my TR, we really, really loved it and it is totally worth the points. You now have a lake view and that is going to be awesome. Make sure you put a request for a higher floor, so you truly get a lake view. I've heard others getting 4th floor or lower and barely seeing over the cars for the MK view or the trees for the lake view.

2) Christmas decorations and Osborne lights will definitely be up in early Nov. We went Nov 14-18th and the only things missing were: Candlelight processional and some of the extra Christmas country stuff like Christmas stories and the tree in MK.

3) If you can avoid traveling the Sunday after Thanksgiving, I would. However, that whole weekend is going to be busy as people will be flying in/out of airports on each day. So just take it all in with a smile and do your best to make it easier for your son.

Don't be concerned about the lack of confirmation. DVC actually sends all their confirmations out by snail mail, rather than email. If you don't have your confirmation in hand by mid-January, call member services and ask about it. It usually takes about a week, maybe two, before the confirmation shows up in the mailbox.

I'm glad you were able to get your ressies made!

Hi Julie!! Sorry that I'm just now making my way over here! I've been sooo incrediblly busy and then I came down with strep throat! Uggh!! But I'm here and excited to hear all about your trip planning!! :goodvibes

OK, finally caught up!

glad you are back..:hug:

Wow, such drama and you're only on page 3!!:lmao: I can tell this will be an exciting TR with lots of surprises along the way.

:rotfl: yeah there probably will be more...

I think other posters have commented already but here goes:

1) BLT -- congrats on buying!! You will love it. As you saw on my TR, we really, really loved it and it is totally worth the points. You now have a lake view and that is going to be awesome. Make sure you put a request for a higher floor, so you truly get a lake view. I've heard others getting 4th floor or lower and barely seeing over the cars for the MK view or the trees for the lake view.

thanks I will keep that in mind...I have read from other DVC-ers that requests usually always don't work but to ask at check-in, what do you think?

2) Christmas decorations and Osborne lights will definitely be up in early Nov. We went Nov 14-18th and the only things missing were: Candlelight processional and some of the extra Christmas country stuff like Christmas stories and the tree in MK.

Sounds good :thumbsup2 I hope we see the tree in MK though

3) If you can avoid traveling the Sunday after Thanksgiving, I would. However, that whole weekend is going to be busy as people will be flying in/out of airports on each day. So just take it all in with a smile and do your best to make it easier for your son.

We assume it will be tough, so I'm hoping even w/ delays...w/out any major touring on the same day as flying home will still allow for lots of smiles :goodvibes

Don't be concerned about the lack of confirmation. DVC actually sends all their confirmations out by snail mail, rather than email. If you don't have your confirmation in hand by mid-January, call member services and ask about it. It usually takes about a week, maybe two, before the confirmation shows up in the mailbox.

I'm glad you were able to get your ressies made!

thanks...that eases my brain

Hi Julie!! Sorry that I'm just now making my way over here! I've been sooo incrediblly busy and then I came down with strep throat! Uggh!! But I'm here and excited to hear all about your trip planning!! :goodvibes

Hi and :welcome: Becky glad you made it over here...sorry to here you've been sick too...I know the feeling and thanks for your wonderful picture Christmas card...your girls are beautiful!

J~

Just found your PTR from some others I have been following...wow sounds like a lot of stress so far! But at least now you are ready to go and have the hardest part out of the way. DVC sounds incredible! I can't wait to read more about your plans!:goodvibes

Just found your PTR from some others I have been following...wow sounds like a lot of stress so far! But at least now you are ready to go and have the hardest part out of the way. DVC sounds incredible! I can't wait to read more about your plans!:goodvibes

Hi and :welcome: Kayce it actually hasn't been that stressful the trip planning that is...just the non-Disney part of me life ;)

It [DVC] sure sounds incredible to me too...we can't wait!!!

your first big trip w/ your DD sounds wonderful! we went in May once and stayed at POR and loved it!

We assume it will be tough, so I'm hoping even w/ delays...w/out any major touring on the same day as flying home will still allow for lots of smiles :goodvibes

[/COLOR]

Definitely make your request ... and then you can ask again at check-in if you didn't get what you requested. Of course, nothing is guaranteed though on a 'request'. We did not do the on-line checkin and when we arrived around 3:30pm there were only 2 rooms available, so didn't have much choice. I have to assume that if we did the on-line checkin 10 days in advance we may have had a better room...but honestly, I'll never know and we were happy with our room anyway, overlooking the marina.

I've heard that the MK tree doesn't go up until after they film the Disney Christmas parade b/c it blocks the view down Main Street for the cameras. So it doesn't go up until after the first week in December. I'm sure someone else on here can confirm that but if what I read is true, then you will miss the MK tree. They did have a few smaller trees and toy soldiers in the area where the tree is supposed to go...

Definitely make your request ... and then you can ask again at check-in if you didn't get what you requested. Of course, nothing is guaranteed though on a 'request'. We did not do the on-line checkin and when we arrived around 3:30pm there were only 2 rooms available, so didn't have much choice. I have to assume that if we did the on-line checkin 10 days in advance we may have had a better room...but honestly, I'll never know and we were happy with our room anyway, overlooking the marina.

I've heard that the MK tree doesn't go up until after they film the Disney Christmas parade b/c it blocks the view down Main Street for the cameras. So it doesn't go up until after the first week in December. I'm sure someone else on here can confirm that but if what I read is true, then you will miss the MK tree. They did have a few smaller trees and toy soldiers in the area where the tree is supposed to go...

I will call MS after Christmas and ask if I can add a above floor 6 :confused3 request? usually we always request ground floor so this is a whole new adventure

bummer about the tree, but I'm sure there will be plenty of other fun things to look at and take pictures of...

BTW...I logged into dvcmemberservices yesterday and it shows our ressie in there w/ the dates and how our points were used and what is left...so at least that way I know it's official...:thumbsup2

Well before I'm off to make cookies w/ the kids (w/ a protective mask on of course since I'm still a bit :sick:) and finish wrapping presents and whatever what-not's need to be done for tonight and tomorrow...I wanted to just send some Christmas/Holiday cheer to anyone who may be taking a peek today on the boards...

Here's a little bit of Christmas-DISNEY style from our home to you.... :santa:

100_4549.jpg

Here's Margaret having some soy-ice cream...and I just had to point our this oldie but a goodie the Disney pj's she's wearing...Sully...these belonged to Aldine when she was 3 :sulley:

100_4595.jpg

Santa came and visited Maraget when she was in the hosipital last week...see the Mickey plush in the corner on the bed...apparently that was mine as a kid...it's another oldie but a goodie :santa:

100_4632.jpg

100_4634.jpg

100_4637.jpg

100_4640.jpg

100_4641.jpg

100_4642.jpg

100_4648.jpg

Just a few of the many Disney ornaments on our trees :goodvibes

Stay bundled it's cold out there...

100_4622.jpg

(Mae's new Ruthie doll)

100_4647.jpg

And now that everyone is snuggled in for a nice winter's sleep...

the plate and mug are awaitng a special treat for Santa...
100_4627.jpg

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas Everyone...

J~

Hi Julie! I hope you are having a nice Christmas, even if your plans have been mixed up a bit! Glad to see you are making the best of it.

I'm so excited to hear you made your ressie for next fall!! I can't wait to see your planning tools & follow along as you plan out the details. :banana:

Thanks for sharing your Disney Christmas decorations - I'll have to take pictures of our Disney ornaments/decorations this week before they all get packed away for another year.

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas celebrations!! Merry Christmas!

Amy

At the begining of planning this adventure back to the World, for the girls b-days plus Thanksgiving we just wanted it to be the 6 of us no other family members...

but once DH and I started mapping out some future Disney and other family vacations, we realized the next family trip for the 6 of us to Disney after this one wouldn't be till 2013.

One of the big reasons we bought into DVC is to be able to take other family w/ us like our parents. Now the last Disney trip Matt's parents came w/ us was in 2005 for the twins 6th b-day. It was a HUGE family affair for the first trip w/ our then 3 kids...but we have traveled w/ my Mom and Dad for the last two as well.

Not that we told my MIL and FIL this...but they are getting up in age, mid 70's and yes they are in good health, but still have some getting "old" problems...and maybe waiting till 2013 to have grandparents come again in particular Matt's parents may be too hard for them to enjoy themselves plus the 2010 trip is kind of a end of an era of our mostly all little kids...

Next yr the twins will be almost 11 1/2, Mae turning 8 and Margaret turning 4...in 2013 the twins will be turning 14, Mae 11 and Margaret will be going on 7.

So last night before Matt's parents left (they were over for post Christmas ) we told them about our DVC purchase to a point (MIL had a hard time wrapping her head around it) and asked them if they'd like to come down w/ us for the 1st half of our trip...

w/ 1) possiblity of staying in BLT w/ us in our room or 2) staying at say CR in their own room

I need to run the numbers for them on room cost, dinning, and park passes still...

Matt and I talked more about after they left...as they seem eager to come w/ us and liked the option of staying w/ us in our room (as this will be discussed in a future post: DDP) and purchasing the DDP even though there will be unused credits...

so let me introduce to you my DMIL-E and my DFIL-M

Here are a few pictures of them from our '05 WDW trip together:

100_0078.jpg

DMIL w/ the twins (6) at Epcot

100_0100.jpg

with my parents at 50 PTC

100_0155.jpg

amusing Michael while he waited for others on Splash Mt...he didn't like it then

100_1153.jpg

with Matt and Mae (2 1/2) on the WLE at AK

100_1223.jpg

Michael and his Grandpa on the TTA

100_0749.jpg

one of our favorite pictures of them...:lovestruc

One of the best stories invloving my IL's from the '05 trip was our CM bfast w/ everyone for the twins b-day. We had a large group of 13 and we had two tables next to each other. My parents and my IL's sat together at a table of 4...and some other guest toward the end of the meal came up to them and commented on how sweet they thought it was to see these two older couples dinning together at CM's w/ no kids...:laughing: :lovestruc

be back soon w/ my Planning Tools!

J~

That's so funny!! We were inviting my MIL last night too!

Thanks for the intos - I can't get over how much your kiddos have grown up since 2005!

I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas, Julie!! :santa: I love your Christmas ornaments! I'm steadily getting a collection of my own ornaments and I'm hoping to start a Disney-themed tree next year!! I even bought the Tinkerbell tree topper from The Disney Store once it went on clearance! I love your Ruthie!! Ally got Kit for Christmas and just LOVES her! :goodvibes

Ahhhhh yes.....a Christmas tree with mostly Disney ornaments on it, I know it well. One of these years I'm going to do our tree in only Disney and maybe with a mouse ears hat for a topper!

BLT or CR will be a great resort for the IL's....they'll be able to get back to the room (easier) when they need a break.

It about broke my heart to see Margaret in that hospital bed....so glad she's home!

Hope you are feeling better.

It's so sweet that you invited your ILs! One of my favorite trips to Disney was when my grandparents joined us. It's a great memory for your kids and ILs.

Congrats on booking BLT and Pop:banana::banana::banana:

I'm so excited to hear you made your ressie for next fall!! I can't wait to see your planning tools & follow along as you plan out the details. :banana:

yes it finally feels real now and DH usually will discuss "it" more now ;)

Thanks for sharing your Disney Christmas decorations - I'll have to take pictures of our Disney ornaments/decorations this week before they all get packed away for another year.

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas celebrations!! Merry Christmas!

thanks, many of the Disney ornaments are my favorites, it was hard to choose which one's to share...yes all of our 4 days of Christmas are over...just 1-last get-together on the 3rd to see my Grandma.

That's so funny!! We were inviting my MIL last night too!

Thanks for the intos - I can't get over how much your kiddos have grown up since 2005!

do you know yet if she is coming for sure...that is crazy how much vacation time she has...

and I know they look tiny!

I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas, Julie!! :santa: I love your Christmas ornaments! I'm steadily getting a collection of my own ornaments and I'm hoping to start a Disney-themed tree next year!! I even bought the Tinkerbell tree topper from The Disney Store once it went on clearance! I love your Ruthie!! Ally got Kit for Christmas and just LOVES her! :goodvibes

thanks Becky! we did despite some crazy stuff...I'd love to do a disney only tree but I think I'd need another tree and maybe 4 trees is just enough huh?

Tell Kit hi for us...from Ruthie...:cutie:

I can't wait to read more. Those are the same dates as ours.

HI and :welcome: MBKELmom

wow your first trip w/ your family of 7...good for you! I hope you will have lots of fun planning...this is the right place to find lots of fun ideas...the Disers are a great group. Where are you staying?

Ahhhhh yes.....a Christmas tree with mostly Disney ornaments on it, I know it well. One of these years I'm going to do our tree in only Disney and maybe with a mouse ears hat for a topper!

that sounds fun :thumbsup2

BLT or CR will be a great resort for the IL's....they'll be able to get back to the room (easier) when they need a break.

yes that is what DH and I were thinking...I'm glad they want to come...we'll probably confirm it up in the next month or so, but it looks good! They enjoy traveling and doing things w/ us (as do we) and my MIL likes that I do all the planning and she just goes along for the ride

It about broke my heart to see Margaret in that hospital bed....so glad she's home!

I know she looks so tiny in that big hosipital bed...but she is loads better now...thanks :hug:

Hope you are feeling better.

I'm getting there...thanks!

It's so sweet that you invited your ILs! One of my favorite trips to Disney was when my grandparents joined us. It's a great memory for your kids and ILs.

Congrats on booking BLT and Pop:banana::banana::banana:

Thanks....I agree trips w/ grandparents is a wonderful memory...I went on two road trips out west w/ my Grandpa who is now passed and will cherish those sweet memories always :cloud9:

and thanks for the congrats!

Scrappie J~

So I got my first piece of Mickey Mail....from the DVC for the trip!

confirming our ressie change in adding the last night.

so it shows our complete DVC stay at BLT Ded. 2BR Bay Lake View

Arrivial Saturday Nov 20, 2010 Departure Sunday Nov 28, 2010

Number of Guests 6 (for now till we confirm w/ the IL's for sure they are staying w/ us, but I'm pretty sure this will be the case)...

:cool1: :dance3: :woohoo: YAY! Gotta love those letters from Disney :love:

Hope to try and work on my next planning post over the weekend...but in the meantime

Happy New Years All! pixiedust:

J~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter