"I"m Only Going Because My Teacher Told Me To" Nov. 2016 PTR * update 12/2 TRIP REPORT STARTED! *

It's Getting Closer Every Day!

Yup it is! I started making a packing list yesterday while sitting at the chiropractors of the outfits I want to bring. Once I got to 12 outfits I realized I need to cut some out if I want to downsize how much luggage I bring! Think I've got a handle on it now, we'll see later tonight and tomorrow when I actually start putting things in the suitcase..........otherwise just a few odds and ends:

1. Got an interesting phone call yesterday from Amanda at Disney Guest Services. Well, Steve did. She was calling about our upcoming stay at WL and wanted to know if we had any questions or concerns regarding the refurb going on. We don't since I'm an awesome Diser and am totally up on it :D. But I thought it was pretty cool that they called. We've stayed at AKL, Poly, an BWV when a refurb of some type was going on and other than the standard issue refurb letter, have never received a call. Nice little touch!

2. Booked our hotel room for Friday night in Hartford :thumbsup2 Again this was Steve and I didn't ask which hotel he booked because I was in the middle of watching one of my shows when he said he booked it and I can't be interrupted when my shows are on! Since it's not a Disney hotel, TV takes precedence.

3. Mom texted me earlier this morning that she's home from work today with a stomach bug :sick: Hopefully it's a 24 hour thing or even a 48 hour thing and she's feeling better quickly! Not just because she's staying here starting Friday night, I don't like when mom is sick. We can always get one of my stepsons to stay here Friday but I'll feel better going if she's feeling better.

4. Unfortunately @Carathryn has off the 2 days we'll be in Epcot where she's working on the CP :( How dare they give her off 2 days in a row lol! Maybe we'll still run in to each other but if not, there's always November!

5. Our 9a.m. ADR at Trails End is an hour before Kari and family's @kastoney on Sunday morning, so we're hoping to run in to each other. Yay for Dismeets!!

6. Not trip or Disney related at all, but yesterday morning Ricky had orientation for 9th grade. It hasn't hit me yet that he's going into high school, probably because I'm refusing to accept it! He still seems so young and still seems to need me so much (or so I like to think)! When it came time to walk around the school and locate his classrooms, he ditched me and walked around with a friend and a bunch of girls :sad1: Okay he didn't actually ditch me, us moms were trailing them but they were walking so fast and it was ungodly hot in that school, so two other moms and I decided to hang in an air-conditioned classroom and chat while they roamed the halls. I think it'll hit me on the first day, when I have to wake him up almost an hour earlier than last year to catch the bus at the ridiculous time of 6:33 a.m. What makes it worse is that I have to get up almost an hour earlier than last year to get him up to catch that bus!! Me likes me sleep!!!

Now I'm off to start making the house presentable for mom's stay and possibly do some packing in between running kids everywhere :car:

I hope your mom feels better quickly so you can relax and enjoy this Disney trip!! Narrowing down the outfit choice for a trip is always so hard... Hopefully you're able to cut down on your luggage.

My wife has a horrible habit of telling me important things while I'm watching my shows, and clearly I do not hear any of it because shows. At least she doesn't take advantage of the fact I'm not listening and use it as an opportunity to order various online items I would poopoo normally if I were paying attention. I hope the hotel stay results in you getting more sleep before your trip!

I hope your mom feels better quickly so you can relax and enjoy this Disney trip!! Narrowing down the outfit choice for a trip is always so hard... Hopefully you're able to cut down on your luggage.

My wife has a horrible habit of telling me important things while I'm watching my shows, and clearly I do not hear any of it because shows. At least she doesn't take advantage of the fact I'm not listening and use it as an opportunity to order various online items I would poopoo normally if I were paying attention. I hope the hotel stay results in you getting more sleep before your trip!
Thanks, luckily mom was back at work today. Knowing her she should have taken another day to rest but she's a pain that way!

Looks like I've managed one checked piece of luggage and a carryon for each of us, as long as Steve doesn't say the checked bag isn't over 50 lbs :rolleyes1 And lol on your wife ordering stuff online while you're not paying attention! When Steve works nights he'll call me on his way home and depending on the show, I may not answer but instead wait until a commercial and call him back. Doesn't always make him happy but as you say - shows........

Glad to hear your mom is better! My DH always tries to talk to me when I'm watching tv or on the Dis but I can't concentrate on both at the same time so I try to make a conscious effort to pause whatever I'm doing so I can pay attention, lest he try to get something by me...lol.

I get up around 5:50 for work and I always hear that high school bus coming by at 6:30 outside. I'm glad I'm not a high school teacher!

3 days!!! I'm so thrilled for you! Cannot wait to read all about your trip!

Last edited:
Glad to hear your mom is better! My DH always tries to talk to me when I'm watching tv or on the Dis but I can't concentrate on both at the same time so I try to make a conscious effort to pause whatever I'm doing so I can pay attention, lest he try to get something by me...lol.

I get up around 5:50 for work and I always hear that high school bus coming by at 6:30 outside. I'm glad I'm not a high school teacher!

3 days!!! I'm so thrilled for you! Cannot wait to read all about your trip!
LOL I would be a terrible employee at this point because I HATE getting up early :mad: Obviously I do it but what I hate even more is when I actually have to shower and go somewhere right away! At least if I can chill after getting the kids to school I'm not as crabby. Now Ricky on the other hand I expect to be REALLY crabby by the time he gets home from school at 2:15 for the first couple weeks!
Yes, now it's less than 48 hours until I'm in DISNEY :mickeyjum
Two days!!!
:cool1:
I CAN'T WAIT :goofy:

If you're like me, you're walking around singing "One Day More" from Les Miserables dramatically today. No? That's just me? :rolleyes1
LOL close! I've been listening to Disney music all day as I finish packing and cleaning :goodvibes And while Chris and I drove to and from the orthodontist setting up his appt. to get braces.......now just waiting for mom to get here and Steve to get home from work!!
It's the longest day EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys! Just popping in to tell you all to have a great weekend!! I'll be back on Wed. and in addition to eventually posting my "THINGS NO LONGER SEEN AT DISNEYWORLD, mk edition pictures, I'll have a mini TR-within-a-PTR of our quickie adults only getaway!!!

Oh and um, does anyone remember where I wrote down our Undiscovered FutureWorld tour confirmation #?
No?
Ok, that makes all of us lol!

Hi guys! Just popping in to tell you all to have a great weekend!! I'll be back on Wed. and in addition to eventually posting my "THINGS NO LONGER SEEN AT DISNEYWORLD, mk edition pictures, I'll have a mini TR-within-a-PTR of our quickie adults only getaway!!!

Oh and um, does anyone remember where I wrote down our Undiscovered FutureWorld tour confirmation #?
No?

Have an amazing trip!!

No?

I hope you and your husband are enjoying yourselves on your adults only trip! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear all about it when you get back!

We're BAaaaack!

Sad the trip is over but happy to be in a state with a temp below 100! We had a great time as usual; experienced some things that were on my "to do" list and missed some other things that were, escaped the few heavy downpours that occurred while we were there and even though we would have loved another day are glad we're missing the weather that's supposed to hit tomorrow and Friday, had a great Dismeet, and got more psyched than ever for our November trip. I won't lie though; the best part was the huge hug Chris gave me when we walked in the door :hug:

I'm not going to do a separate TR because between that and this and then starting a TR for the Nov. trip when we get back.....well, that's a lot of TR's! However, thinking of trying my hand at my first dining report.....so if I do I'll make sure to let you guys know!
One thing that came out of this trip is that I've realized I need to take a close look at the plans I've made so far for November, and most likely shift some stuff around. Probably a couple ADR's and almost definitely some park plans. This is based on wait times we experienced, things I decided the boys may want to do that would be new to them (or that I want them to try whether they think they'll want to do them or not lol) and the amount of downtime Steve wanted on this trip. I'll go more into detail on that after my trip review when I get back to my
NOVEMBER PRE-TRIP PLANNING!!

I'm going to try getting my first trip report posted either tonight or tomorrow :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter