I'm not motivated to exercise.

Oh do I feel you!! Right now I have to force myself, actually DH has been great about helping me get myself to the gym. I feel great after my workouts but getting up and getting there is going to take a bit to be back in the routine. You can do it!! It will be worth it you just need to find something that will motivate you :)

i totally understand......you are not alone!!

i have to make it a part of my schedule, like today at 9 a.m. i'm going to the gym. somedays i force myself to put on my workout clothes first thing, so since i'm already dressed for it, then it it illogical to take them off without working out :)

I'm with you! There are days when I just don't want to do anything. This sounds silly, but watching the colors change on the first post of the exercise challenge thread is hugely motivating for me. :confused3 The folks there are amazing!

You are worth the effort, so get moving! ::yes::

Scheduling it in is a great idea. Maybe you can walk on a treadmill and put on a Disney movie to watch while doing so (i.e. download one to an iPod or whatever) or listen to some Disney music (I like to listen to music loops from the parks when I work out). Lots of treadmills in gyms have TVs...or you could do the same while riding a stationary bike, or get on the bike and read a book/magazine/Kindle.

Can you find a friend to go with you? That might make the time go faster and help to keep you accountable if you know you are supposed to meet up with someone.

Or maybe try something like Zumba, tennis, hiking, etc...something that seems more fun and less like work.

You can do it! I bet if you get started with something you like and keep up with it you will feel GREAT! :yay:

All the above are great!!!

What do you like to do? I find that if a person likes to dance, walk, or you name it, that it will be easier to get out and do it.

Find a friend. There is nothing like peer pressure to get you moving on the days you want to stay put.

As above, schedule it into your day. EARLIER is better If you make it part of your wake up routine, you will start to miss it.

reward yourself for a perfect week of working out... yes even a bad cheat would make a great reward at first if it gets you moving the entire week.

Take a day off each week.

Start small. You will see in various posts where I encourage folks to move it up to an hour, start with 2-3 weeks of 15 minute workouts --- just understand that these will not produce much more than the beginning of a habit

Thank you, everyone.

@JessB320- Sounds like you have a great support system!! My husband isn't so much--- because he's thin!! Damn him.

@ohMom- I've tried scheduling. I FAIL FAIL FAIL at it. "Well, I will tomorrow" "Tomorrow I will for sure" ....... You get my point :(

@glss1/2fll- Didn't know about an exercise challenge thread!!! I'm looking into it NOW!

@Ariel484- I've tried the TV thing and it drove me nuts. But I LOVE music- I guess I need to stop being lazy and get me some headphones that will stay on my ears and just DO IT. My best friend is in the same boat as me, but we aren't very helpful to the other. We both start in on the "tomorrow" boat.

@cewait- Hmm... I like to dance. I was actually much better about exercise when we were in a townhouse. We recently had to downsize to an apartment and we are upstairs. I'm afraid to listen to my music loud (which I miss :( ) and I'm more afraid of jumping my fat **** around.

I know I'm lazy, I think I am a bit depressed from a sucky year. I was so motivated and good last year (Jan-May I was consistent and enjoyed it!) and then it stopped mid year.

I so appreciate all your comments. That alone is motivating!!!!

What has motivated me is signing up for a challenge on Spark People. Knowing what I need to do to win a Kindle Fire is motivating me now! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter